Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Coordinated'
- operating as a unit; "a unified utility system"; "a coordinated program" [syn: interconnected, unified]
- being dexterous in the use of more than one set of muscle movements; "she was usually good with her hands and well coordinated"- Mary McCarthy
- intentionally matched; "curtains and walls were color coordinated" [syn: matching] "co-ordinated" wn "WordNet (r) 2.0" coordinate adj : of equal importance, rank, or degree n : a number that identifies a position relative to an axis [syn: co-ordinate] v
- bring order and organization to; "Can you help me organize my files?" [syn: organize, organise]
- bring into common action, movement, or condition; "coordinate the painters, masons, and plumbers"; "coordinate his actions with that of his colleagues"; "coordinate our efforts"
- be co-ordinated; "These activities co-ordinate well"
- bring (components or parts) into proper or desirable coordination correlation; "align the wheels of my car"; "ordinate similar parts" [syn: align, ordinate] [also: co-ordinating, co-ordinates, co-ordinated, co-ordinate]
- Coordinate \Co*["o]r"di*nate\ (-n[=a]t), v. t. [imp. & p. p.
Co["o]rdinated; p. pr. & vb. n. Co["o]rdinating.]
- To make co["o]rdinate; to put in the same order or rank; as, to co["o]rdinate ideas in classification.
- To give a common action, movement, or condition to; to regulate and combine so as to produce harmonious action; to adjust; to harmonize; as, to co["o]rdinate muscular movements.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Coordinated'
Motor coordination is the combination of body movements created with the kinematic (such as spatial direction) and kinetic (force) parameters that result in intended actions. Such movements usually smoothly and efficiently work together. Motor coordination can occur between subsequent parts of the same movement and movements of several limbs. Motor coordination involves the integration of processes ranging from how muscles interact with the skeletal system to neural processes controlling them both in the spine and the brain.
Examples of motor coordination are the ease with which people can stand up, pour water into a glass, walk, and reach for a pen. These are created reliably, proficiently and repeatedly, but these movements rarely are reproduced exactly in their motor details, such as joint angles when pointing[See more about Coordinated at Dictionary 3.0 Encyclopedia]
Words and phrases related to 'Coordinated'
'Coordinated' in famous quotation sentence
Click here for more related quotations on 'Coordinated'
Coordinated Sample Sentences in News
- Netsmart Represents Post-Acute Care Health Information Technology as Founder of Carequality Healthcare ...
Netsmart continues its leadership in coordinated, connected, healthcare as a founding member of Carequality , a new industry-driven initiative designed Read more on this news related to 'Coordinated'
- Iraq bombings kill dozens in Baghdad, Mosul and Tarmiya
Coordinated attacks claim at least 60 lives, taking the number of people killed across the country since April to more than 5,000 A series of car bombings in Baghdad, an explosion at a market and a suicide attack in the northern city of Mosul killed at least 62 people on Sunday in the latest wave of attacks in Iraq. The attacks made Sunday the deadliest day in the Read more on this news related to 'Coordinated'
- Press Release
Netsmart continues its leadership in coordinated connected healthcare as a founding member of Carequality (pronounced â€œcare-e-qualityâ€�) a new industry-driven initiative designed to accelerate progress in health data exchange among multi-platform networks healthcare providers and electronic health record (EHR) and health information exchange (HIE) vend Read more on this news related to 'Coordinated'