Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Coordinated'
- operating as a unit; "a unified utility system"; "a coordinated program" [syn: interconnected, unified]
- being dexterous in the use of more than one set of muscle movements; "she was usually good with her hands and well coordinated"- Mary McCarthy
- intentionally matched; "curtains and walls were color coordinated" [syn: matching] "co-ordinated" wn "WordNet (r) 2.0" coordinate adj : of equal importance, rank, or degree n : a number that identifies a position relative to an axis [syn: co-ordinate] v
- bring order and organization to; "Can you help me organize my files?" [syn: organize, organise]
- bring into common action, movement, or condition; "coordinate the painters, masons, and plumbers"; "coordinate his actions with that of his colleagues"; "coordinate our efforts"
- be co-ordinated; "These activities co-ordinate well"
- bring (components or parts) into proper or desirable coordination correlation; "align the wheels of my car"; "ordinate similar parts" [syn: align, ordinate] [also: co-ordinating, co-ordinates, co-ordinated, co-ordinate]
- Coordinate \Co*["o]r"di*nate\ (-n[=a]t), v. t. [imp. & p. p.
Co["o]rdinated; p. pr. & vb. n. Co["o]rdinating.]
- To make co["o]rdinate; to put in the same order or rank; as, to co["o]rdinate ideas in classification.
- To give a common action, movement, or condition to; to regulate and combine so as to produce harmonious action; to adjust; to harmonize; as, to co["o]rdinate muscular movements.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Coordinated'
Motor coordination is the combination of body movements created with the kinematic (such as spatial direction) and kinetic (force) parameters that result in intended actions. Such movements usually smoothly and efficiently work together. Motor coordination can occur between subsequent parts of the same movement and movements of several limbs. Motor coordination involves the integration of processes ranging from how muscles interact with the skeletal system to neural processes controlling them both in the spine and the brain.
Examples of motor coordination are the ease with which people can stand up, pour water into a glass, walk, and reach for a pen. These are created reliably, proficiently and repeatedly, but these movements rarely are reproduced exactly in their motor details, such as joint angles when pointing[See more about Coordinated at Dictionary 3.0 Encyclopedia]
Words and phrases related to 'Coordinated'
'Coordinated' in famous quotation sentence
Click here for more related quotations on 'Coordinated'
Coordinated Sample Sentences in News
- Ukraine says Crimea parliament coordinates its actions with Russia
The Crimean assembly's vote to join Russia on Thursday was coordinated with the two houses of Russian parliament, a Ukrainian foreign ministry official said on Thursday. "All that is happening now - the decision by the Crimean Supreme Council and statements by the Federation Council and State Duma - are evidence that this is coordinated action," Inte Read more on this news related to 'Coordinated'
- Govt report: Cyberattacks not coordinated
A multi-agency government task force looking into cyberattacks against retailers says it has not come across evidence suggesting the attacks are a coordinated campaign to adversely affect the U.S. economy. ... Read more on this news related to 'Coordinated'
- McAuliffe, citing coordinated care program, urges lawmakers to close 'coverage gap'
Gov. Terry McAuliffe today used the launch of an ambitious pilot project for coordinating care of elderly and disabled Virginians to call again for the state to extend health insurance coverage to hun Read more on this news related to 'Coordinated'