Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Coordinated'
- operating as a unit; "a unified utility system"; "a coordinated program" [syn: interconnected, unified]
- being dexterous in the use of more than one set of muscle movements; "she was usually good with her hands and well coordinated"- Mary McCarthy
- intentionally matched; "curtains and walls were color coordinated" [syn: matching] "co-ordinated" wn "WordNet (r) 2.0" coordinate adj : of equal importance, rank, or degree n : a number that identifies a position relative to an axis [syn: co-ordinate] v
- bring order and organization to; "Can you help me organize my files?" [syn: organize, organise]
- bring into common action, movement, or condition; "coordinate the painters, masons, and plumbers"; "coordinate his actions with that of his colleagues"; "coordinate our efforts"
- be co-ordinated; "These activities co-ordinate well"
- bring (components or parts) into proper or desirable coordination correlation; "align the wheels of my car"; "ordinate similar parts" [syn: align, ordinate] [also: co-ordinating, co-ordinates, co-ordinated, co-ordinate]
- Coordinate \Co*["o]r"di*nate\ (-n[=a]t), v. t. [imp. & p. p.
Co["o]rdinated; p. pr. & vb. n. Co["o]rdinating.]
- To make co["o]rdinate; to put in the same order or rank; as, to co["o]rdinate ideas in classification.
- To give a common action, movement, or condition to; to regulate and combine so as to produce harmonious action; to adjust; to harmonize; as, to co["o]rdinate muscular movements.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Coordinated'
Motor coordination is the combination of body movements created with the kinematic (such as spatial direction) and kinetic (force) parameters that result in intended actions. Such movements usually smoothly and efficiently work together. Motor coordination can occur between subsequent parts of the same movement and movements of several limbs. Motor coordination involves the integration of processes ranging from how muscles interact with the skeletal system to neural processes controlling them both in the spine and the brain.
Examples of motor coordination are the ease with which people can stand up, pour water into a glass, walk, and reach for a pen. These are created reliably, proficiently and repeatedly, but these movements rarely are reproduced exactly in their motor details, such as joint angles when pointing[See more about Coordinated at Dictionary 3.0 Encyclopedia]
Words and phrases related to 'Coordinated'
'Coordinated' in famous quotation sentence
Click here for more related quotations on 'Coordinated'
Coordinated Sample Sentences in News
- UN urges coordinated action on food security
New York, Apr 23 : Overfishing, habitat destruction and pollution are atop the agenda of a United Nations-backed summit on the role of oceans in global food security, livelihoods and economic development which opened on Tuesday in The Hague, the Netherlands. Read more on this news related to 'Coordinated'
- Easter Morning "Egg Roll"
Participants gathered at the Centennial Park sled hill Sunday, April 20, 2014 to participate in a Scottish Tradition. Yvonne Learmonth, originally of the Glasgow area in Scotland coordinated the event. The generations old tradition of rolling the colored eggs down a hill represents the rolling and removal of the stone from the tomb. Read more on this news related to 'Coordinated'
- Clash mars PH launch of internationally coordinated protests vs Obama Asia trip
Filipino militant groups launched Wednesday a series of mass actions against what they called the 'US imperialist agenda in Asia,' just as United States President Barack Obama was set to arrive in Japan on the first leg of his East Asia tour that will also include the Philippines. Read more on this news related to 'Coordinated'