Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Convoluted'
Convoluted Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- rolled or coiled together; "a convoluted shell"
- highly involved or intricate; "the Byzantine tax structure"; "convoluted legal language"; "convoluted reasoning"; "intricate needlework"; "an intricate labyrinth of refined phraseology"; "the plot was too involved"; "a knotty problem"; "got his way by labyrinthine maneuvering"; "Oh, what a tangled web we weave"- Sir Walter Scott; "tortuous legal procedures"; "tortuous negotiations lasting for months" [syn: Byzantine, intricate, involved, knotty, labyrinthine, tangled, tortuous]
- Convoluted \Con"vo*lu`ted\, a.
- Having convolutions. beaks recurved and convoluted like a ram's horn. --Pennant.
- Folded in tortuous windings. A highly convoluted brain. --North Amer. Rev.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Convoluted'
- Distal convoluted tubule: The distal convoluted tubule (DCT) is a portion of kidney nephron between the loop of Henle and the collecting duct system . ...
- Proximal convoluted tubule: The "Pars convoluta" is the initial convoluted portion. In relation to the morphology of the kidney as a whole, the convoluted segments of ...
- Convoluted tubule: Convoluted tubule is the compound of a metanephridium which is wrapped with capillaries . The process of reabsorption occurs in this ...
Words and phrases related to 'Convoluted'
Convoluted Sample Sentences in News
- Judge pay argument has convoluted history
Absence of specific judicial salary figure key part of lawsuit over veto Read more on this news related to 'Convoluted'
- The Fiver | A convoluted analogy | Daniel Harris
Click here to have the Fiver sent to your inbox every weekday at 5pm, or if your usual copy has stopped arriving 24 HOURS If only they'd appointed 'Arry; words on the nation's collective lips at all times, but especially today. Would that he had only been in the England dressing room on Tuesday night to offer his nuanced "run around a bit" ta Read more on this news related to 'Convoluted'
- U.N. urges end to Syria's 'convoluted' aid restrictions
By Louis Charbonneau UNITED NATIONS (Reuters) - The United Nations humanitarian chief Valerie Amos on Friday urged Syria's government to end needless restrictions on access to areas where besieged Syrians are in desperate need of aid after three years of civil war. She also voiced concern about opposition groups, especially those such as al Qaeda-linked extrem Read more on this news related to 'Convoluted'