Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Convoluted'
Convoluted Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- rolled or coiled together; "a convoluted shell"
- highly involved or intricate; "the Byzantine tax structure"; "convoluted legal language"; "convoluted reasoning"; "intricate needlework"; "an intricate labyrinth of refined phraseology"; "the plot was too involved"; "a knotty problem"; "got his way by labyrinthine maneuvering"; "Oh, what a tangled web we weave"- Sir Walter Scott; "tortuous legal procedures"; "tortuous negotiations lasting for months" [syn: Byzantine, intricate, involved, knotty, labyrinthine, tangled, tortuous]
- Convoluted \Con"vo*lu`ted\, a.
- Having convolutions. beaks recurved and convoluted like a ram's horn. --Pennant.
- Folded in tortuous windings. A highly convoluted brain. --North Amer. Rev.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Convoluted'
- Distal convoluted tubule: The distal convoluted tubule (DCT) is a portion of kidney nephron between the loop of Henle and the collecting duct system . ...
- Proximal convoluted tubule: The "Pars convoluta" is the initial convoluted portion. In relation to the morphology of the kidney as a whole, the convoluted segments of ...
- Convoluted tubule: Convoluted tubule is the compound of a metanephridium which is wrapped with capillaries . The process of reabsorption occurs in this ...
Words and phrases related to 'Convoluted'
Convoluted Sample Sentences in News
- Tangled web of apps stifling enterprise: Capgemini
A convoluted web of applications is stunting the digital transformation of the world's biggest international organisations. Read more on this news related to 'Convoluted'
- Concert preview: Cro-Mags turn the page for show at Edmonton’s Pawn Shop
The convoluted history of New York’s Cro-Mags is such that it would take three articles to fully and accurately explore it. Read more on this news related to 'Convoluted'
- WikiMapper Tracks Your Convoluted Trail Down The Wikipedia Rabbit Hole
Chrome: We’ve all been there. You’re reading one Wikipedia article and all the blue links call out to you for your attention. You open a couple in new tabs, click a few articles here, and before you know it you’ve gone from the Economic Community of West African States to Jean-Claude Van Damme. WikiMapper helps you find your way back. More » Read more on this news related to 'Convoluted'