Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Conveyed'
Conveyed Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
adj : sent or carried from one place to another; "during battle,
messages conveyed by carrier pigeon got through more
often than those sent by plane"
- Convey \Con*vey"\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Conveyed; p. pr. & vb.
n. Conveying.] [OF. conveir, convoier, to escort, convoy,
F. convoyer, LL. conviare, fr. L. con- + via way. See
Viaduct, Voyage, and cf. Convoy.]
- To carry from one place to another; to bear or transport. I will convey them by sea in fleats. --1 Kings v. 9. Convey me to my bed, then to my grave. --Shak.
- To cause to pass from one place or person to another; to serve as a medium in carrying (anything) from one place or person to another; to transmit; as, air conveys sound; words convey ideas.
- To transfer or deliver to another; to make over, as property; more strictly (Law), to transfer (real estate) or pass (a title to real estate) by a sealed writing. The Earl of Desmond . . . secretly conveyed all his lands to feoffees in trust. --Spenser.
- To impart or communicate; as, to convey an impression; to convey information. Men fill one another's heads with noise and sound, but convey not thereby their thoughts. --Locke.
- To manage with privacy; to carry out. [Obs.] I . . . will convey the business as I shall find means. --Shak.
- To carry or take away secretly; to steal; to thieve. [Obs.]
- To accompany; to convoy. [Obs.] --Chaucer. Syn: To carry; transport; bear; transmit; trnsfer.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Conveyed'
- Conveyed concept: Conveyed concept is a set phrase that denotes a concept as understood or perceived ... idea or if an idea is conveyed by some type of media ...
Words and phrases related to 'Conveyed'
Conveyed Sample Sentences in News
- Kazakhstan's Foreign Minister calls on PM Lee
Mr Idrissov is on a working visit and conveyed the personal regards of his President Nursultan Nazarbayev to PM Lee and former PM Mr Lee Kuan Yew, whom the Kazakh President admires as a global statesman. Get the full story from The Straits Times . Here is the statement from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs: The Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Kazakhs Read more on this news related to 'Conveyed'
- PM conveyed his condolences to the family of the late assemblyman
KUALA LUMPUR: Prime Minister conveyed condolences to the family of the late Pengkalan Kubur assemblyman Datuk Noor Zahidi Omar who died of cancer this morning, via Twitter. Read more on this news related to 'Conveyed'
- India calls off talks says Pakistan meddling in its affairs
(MENAFN - Khaleej Times) Government conveyed its decision following Pakistan envoy's meeting with separatist Kashmiri leader Shabir Shah in the capital.In a tough move India on Mon... Read more on this news related to 'Conveyed'