Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Conveyed'
Conveyed Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
adj : sent or carried from one place to another; "during battle,
messages conveyed by carrier pigeon got through more
often than those sent by plane"
- Convey \Con*vey"\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Conveyed; p. pr. & vb.
n. Conveying.] [OF. conveir, convoier, to escort, convoy,
F. convoyer, LL. conviare, fr. L. con- + via way. See
Viaduct, Voyage, and cf. Convoy.]
- To carry from one place to another; to bear or transport. I will convey them by sea in fleats. --1 Kings v. 9. Convey me to my bed, then to my grave. --Shak.
- To cause to pass from one place or person to another; to serve as a medium in carrying (anything) from one place or person to another; to transmit; as, air conveys sound; words convey ideas.
- To transfer or deliver to another; to make over, as property; more strictly (Law), to transfer (real estate) or pass (a title to real estate) by a sealed writing. The Earl of Desmond . . . secretly conveyed all his lands to feoffees in trust. --Spenser.
- To impart or communicate; as, to convey an impression; to convey information. Men fill one another's heads with noise and sound, but convey not thereby their thoughts. --Locke.
- To manage with privacy; to carry out. [Obs.] I . . . will convey the business as I shall find means. --Shak.
- To carry or take away secretly; to steal; to thieve. [Obs.]
- To accompany; to convoy. [Obs.] --Chaucer. Syn: To carry; transport; bear; transmit; trnsfer.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Conveyed'
- Conveyed concept: Conveyed concept is a set phrase that denotes a concept as understood or perceived ... idea or if an idea is conveyed by some type of media ...