Contrastive Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- syntactically establishing a relationship of contrast between sentences or elements of a sentence; "disjunctive conjunctions like `but'', `or'', or `though'' serve a contrastive function"
- strikingly different; tending to contrast; "contrasting (or contrastive) colors"
- of words so related that one contrasts with the other; "`rich'' and `hard-up'' are contrastive terms"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Contrastive'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Contrastive'
- Contrastive: Contrastive may refer to one of several concepts in linguistics: Contrast (linguistics) Contrastive linguistics Contrastive distribution Contrastive analysis
- Contrastive rhetoric: 1966, when Kaplan’s original work on contrastive rhetoric appeared, and 1996, when Ulla Connor’s book on contrastive rhetoric reinvigorated interest in
- Contrastive linguistics: in intralingual and interlingual contrastive studies, e.g. by 'parallel-text' analysis (Hartmann 1997). Contrastive linguistic studies can also be applied
- Contrastive focus reduplication: phenomenon. The first part of the reduplicant bears contrastive intonational stress. Contrastive focus reduplication in English can apply not only to
- Contrastive analysis: about contrastive analysis in second language acquisition. For contrastive analysis in historical linguistics, see comparative linguistics. Contrastive analysis