Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Conduction'
Conduction Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
n : the transmission of heat or electricity or sound [syn: conductivity]
- Conduction \Con*duc"tion\ (k[o^]n*d[u^]k"sh[u^]n), n. [L.
conductio a bringing together: cf. F. conduction.]
- The act of leading or guiding. --Sir W. Raleigh.
- The act of training up. [Obs.] --B. Jonson.
- (Physics) Transmission through, or by means of, a conductor; also, conductivity. [The] communication [of heat] from one body to another when they are in contact, or through a homogenous body from particle to particle, constitutes conduction. --Amer. Cyc.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Conduction'
- Conduction (heat): In heat transfer , conduction (or heat conduction) is the transfer of thermal energy between regions of matter due to a temperature ...
- Conduction band: In the solid state physics field of semiconductor s and insulator s, the conduction band is the range of electron energies, higher than ...
- Electrical conduction system of the heart: The normal electrical conduction of the heart allows electrical propagation to be transmitted from the Sinoatrial Node through both atria ...
- Conduction aphasia: Conduction aphasia, also called associative aphasia, is a relatively rare form of aphasia . An acquired language disorder, it is ...
Words and phrases related to 'Conduction'