Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Conduction'
Conduction Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
n : the transmission of heat or electricity or sound [syn: conductivity]
- Conduction \Con*duc"tion\ (k[o^]n*d[u^]k"sh[u^]n), n. [L.
conductio a bringing together: cf. F. conduction.]
- The act of leading or guiding. --Sir W. Raleigh.
- The act of training up. [Obs.] --B. Jonson.
- (Physics) Transmission through, or by means of, a conductor; also, conductivity. [The] communication [of heat] from one body to another when they are in contact, or through a homogenous body from particle to particle, constitutes conduction. --Amer. Cyc.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Conduction'
- Conduction (heat): In heat transfer , conduction (or heat conduction) is the transfer of thermal energy between regions of matter due to a temperature ...
- Conduction band: In the solid state physics field of semiconductor s and insulator s, the conduction band is the range of electron energies, higher than ...
- Electrical conduction system of the heart: The normal electrical conduction of the heart allows electrical propagation to be transmitted from the Sinoatrial Node through both atria ...
- Conduction aphasia: Conduction aphasia, also called associative aphasia, is a relatively rare form of aphasia . An acquired language disorder, it is ...
Words and phrases related to 'Conduction'
Conduction Sample Sentences in News
- Video I/O and Processor XMC incorporates audio support.
Along with DaVinci™ digital media processor, VPP-8112 incorporates ARM® Cortex-A8 processor running embedded Linux® system, floating point VLIW DSP, video image co-processor for H.264 and MPEG-4 video compression, decompression, and 3D graphics processing unit. Conduction-cooled module, able to be installed on any single board processor or passive carrier, Read more on this news related to 'Conduction'
- Panasonic Named As CES Innovations 2014 Design And Engineering Award Honoree
NEW YORK, Nov. 12, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Panasonic Consumer Electronics Company today announced that the SC-NT10 Bluetooth® Wireless Speaker, SC-NA10 Portable Wireless Speaker, LUMIX GX7 and RP-BTGS10 Bone Conduction Headphones have all been named International CES Innovations 2014 Design and Engineering Awards Honorees. Products entered in this prestigious pro Read more on this news related to 'Conduction'
- XMC/PMC Module features 12 CAN bus channels.
Available as conduction- or air-cooled, XPort9200 provides 12 isolated CAN bus 2.0A and 2.0B-compliant channels that support speeds up to 1 Mbps. When configured as XMC, unit supports VITA 42.3-compliant x1 PCIe interface through XMC P15 connector and routes all 12 CAN bus channels to XMC P16 connector. When configured as PMC, XPort9200 supports 32-bit PCI interf Read more on this news related to 'Conduction'