Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Conduction'
Conduction Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
n : the transmission of heat or electricity or sound [syn: conductivity]
- Conduction \Con*duc"tion\ (k[o^]n*d[u^]k"sh[u^]n), n. [L.
conductio a bringing together: cf. F. conduction.]
- The act of leading or guiding. --Sir W. Raleigh.
- The act of training up. [Obs.] --B. Jonson.
- (Physics) Transmission through, or by means of, a conductor; also, conductivity. [The] communication [of heat] from one body to another when they are in contact, or through a homogenous body from particle to particle, constitutes conduction. --Amer. Cyc.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Conduction'
- Conduction (heat): In heat transfer , conduction (or heat conduction) is the transfer of thermal energy between regions of matter due to a temperature ...
- Conduction band: In the solid state physics field of semiconductor s and insulator s, the conduction band is the range of electron energies, higher than ...
- Electrical conduction system of the heart: The normal electrical conduction of the heart allows electrical propagation to be transmitted from the Sinoatrial Node through both atria ...
- Conduction aphasia: Conduction aphasia, also called associative aphasia, is a relatively rare form of aphasia . An acquired language disorder, it is ...
Words and phrases related to 'Conduction'
Conduction Sample Sentences in News
- Gene that controls nerve conduction velocity linked to multiple sclerosis
A novel gene that controls nerve conduction velocity has been identified in a new study. Investigators report that even minor reductions in conduction velocity may aggravate disease in multiple sclerosis (MS) patients and in mice bred for the MS-like condition experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis (EAE). Read more on this news related to 'Conduction'
- Thermal Barrier blocks heat with Hyper-Deep Vacuum(TM).
Serving as small-scale thermal insulator, Insulon® Thermal Barrier uses extremely deep, shaped vacuum to block conductive transfer of thermal energy. Shaped-vacuum barrier allows 60 times less thermal conduction than nylon insulation, 8 times less than polyethelene foam, and 5 times less than completely empty air gap. Barriers have been designed and manufactured Read more on this news related to 'Conduction'
- Thermal Insulation stops heat conduction in tight spaces.
Based on Insulon® Shaped-Vacuum™ technology, Thermal Barrier Insulation uses power of extremely deep, shaped vacuum to block conductive transfer of thermal energy. Because sizes and shapes are virtually unlimited, potential applications span wide range of industries, including medical devices, electronics, military, and aerospace uses. This story is rel Read more on this news related to 'Conduction'