Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Condone'
Condone Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
v : excuse, overlook, or make allowances for; be lenient with;
"excuse someone's behavior"; "She condoned her husband's
occasional infidelities" [syn: excuse]
- Condone \Con*done"\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Condoned; p. pr. &
vb. n. Condoning.] [L. condonare, -donatum, to give up,
remit, forgive; con- + donare to give. See Donate.]
- To pardon; to forgive. A fraud which he had either concocted or condoned. --W. Black. It would have been magnanimous in the men then in power to have overlooked all these things, and, condoning the politics, to have rewarded the poetry of Burns. --J. C. Shairp.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Condone'
Words and phrases related to 'Condone'
Condone Sample Sentences in News
- Haiti condemns threats against rights activists
PORT-AU-PRINCE, Haiti (AP) — Haiti's government says it won't condone threats directed at rights activists and journalists in the Caribbean nation. Read more on this news related to 'Condone'
- Zambia Won’t Condone Political Violence, Says Official
Zambia’s information minister says President Michael Sata’s administration will not tolerate acts of violence perpetrated by political groups aimed to create chaos and destabilize the country. Joseph Katema also denied opposition accusations that the administration has narrowed the political space preventing them from effectively playing their role as checks o Read more on this news related to 'Condone'
- We do not condone violence, says PAFA
IPOH: Tuesday's fracas at Perak Stadium, which saw Perak losing to Johor Darul Ta'zim (JDT), has been the worst such incident so far. Read more on this news related to 'Condone'