Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Condone'
Condone Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
v : excuse, overlook, or make allowances for; be lenient with;
"excuse someone's behavior"; "She condoned her husband's
occasional infidelities" [syn: excuse]
- Condone \Con*done"\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Condoned; p. pr. &
vb. n. Condoning.] [L. condonare, -donatum, to give up,
remit, forgive; con- + donare to give. See Donate.]
- To pardon; to forgive. A fraud which he had either concocted or condoned. --W. Black. It would have been magnanimous in the men then in power to have overlooked all these things, and, condoning the politics, to have rewarded the poetry of Burns. --J. C. Shairp.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Condone'
Words and phrases related to 'Condone'
Condone Sample Sentences in News
- Jordan Nolan suspended one measly game after sucker-punching Oilers’ Joensuu
The NHL is out to end head shots, but they're still willing to condone the occasional punch to the head. That's not a headshot. I mean, sure, it's a shot directly to the head, but it's different. And still, they … Continue reading → Read more on this news related to 'Condone'
- Amnesty OK with prostitution?
Robin Morgan asks: What if human rights group Amnesty International decided to condone pimping? It happened when an AI document called for legalizing prostitution. Read more on this news related to 'Condone'
- The cultural roots that condone rape
Many of the acts of aggression against women are based on long-standing customary notions, writes Nyasha Karimakwenda. Read more on this news related to 'Condone'