Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Condone'
Condone Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
v : excuse, overlook, or make allowances for; be lenient with;
"excuse someone's behavior"; "She condoned her husband's
occasional infidelities" [syn: excuse]
- Condone \Con*done"\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Condoned; p. pr. &
vb. n. Condoning.] [L. condonare, -donatum, to give up,
remit, forgive; con- + donare to give. See Donate.]
- To pardon; to forgive. A fraud which he had either concocted or condoned. --W. Black. It would have been magnanimous in the men then in power to have overlooked all these things, and, condoning the politics, to have rewarded the poetry of Burns. --J. C. Shairp.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Condone'
Words and phrases related to 'Condone'
Condone Sample Sentences in News
- Pakatan steers clear of Haris’ demo plan
Pakatan Rakyat leader Anwar says they do not condone overthrowing government through street demonstrations. Lisa J. Ariffin, FMT Pakatan Rakyat today said the coalition does not condone overthrowing ruling Barisan Nasional through mass street demonstrations. Read more on this news related to 'Condone'
- CBN Issues Clarification of Pat Robertson's May 15 Remarks About Forgiving
CBN statement says intent was not to condone infidelity or to cast blame, and they regret any misunderstanding. (PRWeb May 17, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/5/prweb10745700.htm Read more on this news related to 'Condone'
- Home School Legal Defense Association Accused of Protecting Child Abusers
Libby Anne, a blogger for the atheist channel of Patheos, has accused the Home School Legal Defense Association of protecting child abusers. HSLDA has responded that it does not condone nor defend child abuse and has only been concerned with legal issues regarding homeschooling. Read more on this news related to 'Condone'