Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Condone'
Condone Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
v : excuse, overlook, or make allowances for; be lenient with;
"excuse someone's behavior"; "She condoned her husband's
occasional infidelities" [syn: excuse]
- Condone \Con*done"\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Condoned; p. pr. &
vb. n. Condoning.] [L. condonare, -donatum, to give up,
remit, forgive; con- + donare to give. See Donate.]
- To pardon; to forgive. A fraud which he had either concocted or condoned. --W. Black. It would have been magnanimous in the men then in power to have overlooked all these things, and, condoning the politics, to have rewarded the poetry of Burns. --J. C. Shairp.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Condone'
Words and phrases related to 'Condone'
Condone Sample Sentences in News
- No defence for Suarez bite, admits Puyol
The retired centre-half says that while nobody can condone the Uruguay international's actions, the fact that the forward has apologised should be taken into consideration Read more on this news related to 'Condone'
- The OPP Does Not Condone Illegal Profiling
OPP Supports Ontario Human Rights Code ORILLIA, ON, July 18, 2014 /CNW/ - The Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) is responding to a July 17, 2014, media release issued by the Ontario Human Rights Commission (OHRC) whereupon the Commission announced they were speaking out in the Office of the Independent Police Review Director (OIPRD) systemic review of OPP practices Read more on this news related to 'Condone'
- Mayor warns flood-hit Northland farmers to be 'careful'
The Whangarei District Mayor says she cannot condone the actions taken by Northland farmers who have defied council orders and taken steps to drain their land following severe flooding Read more on this news related to 'Condone'