Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Conditioning'
Conditioning Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
n : a learning process in which an organism's behavior becomes
dependent on the occurrence of a stimulus in its
- Condition \Con*di"tion\, v. i. [imp. & p. p. Conditioned; p.
pr. & vb. n. Conditioning.]
- To make terms; to stipulate. Pay me back my credit, And I'll condition with ye. --Beau. & Fl.
- (Metaph.) To impose upon an object those relations or conditions without which knowledge and thought are alleged to be impossible. To think of a thing is to condition. --Sir W. Hamilton.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Conditioning'
- Conditioning: Conditioning may refer to:conditioning. the use of conditional probabilities, expectations and distributions; see conditioning (probability) ...
- Classical conditioning: Classical conditioning (also Pavlovian or respondent conditioning, Pavlovian reinforcement) is a form of associative learning that was ...
- Air conditioning: Air conditioning is the removal of heat from indoor air for thermal comfort . disinfection that modifies the condition of air An air ...
- Operant conditioning: Operant conditioning is the use of a behavior's antecedent and/or its consequence to influence the occurrence and form of behavior. ...
- Signal conditioning: In electronics, signal conditioning means manipulating an analog signal in such a way that it meets the requirements of the next stage for ...
- Conditioning (probability): Conditioning leads to a non-random result if the condition is completely specified; otherwise, if the condition is left random, the result ...
Words and phrases related to 'Conditioning'