Conciliatory Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- overcoming animosity or hostility; "spoke in a conciliating tone"; "a conciliatory visit"
- making or willing to make concessions; "loneliness tore through him...whenever he thought of...even the compromising Louis du Tillet"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Conciliatory'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Conciliatory'
- Conciliatory Resolution: The Conciliatory Resolution was a resolution passed by the British Parliament in an attempt to reach a peaceful settlement with the Thirteen Colonies immediately
Words and phrases related to 'Conciliatory'
Conciliatory Sample Sentences in News
- Obama, Republicans sound conciliatory note but battles loom
By Jeff Mason and Roberta Rampton WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Barack Obama and his powerful U.S. Senate adversary struck a conciliatory tone on Wednesday, but Obama's plans to proceed with new immigration rules foreshadowed a bumpy start to his relationship with a Republican-controlled Congress. Obama and Mitch McConnell, who will become majority leader w Read more on this news related to 'Conciliatory'
- EU's Juncker conciliatory on Luxembourg tax, Germany wants action
BRUSSELS/BERLIN (Reuters) - The new European Commission president took political responsibility on Wednesday for Luxembourg's role in helping global companies avoid tax and Germany urged swift action to fight tax evasion in Europe. Jean-Claude Juncker, who served as finance minister and prime minister of Luxembourg for more than two decades, reacted for the fi Read more on this news related to 'Conciliatory'
- Hoosiers' Robinson: Let a lot of people down
Embarrassed and conciliatory, Stanford Robinson and Troy Williams said they are ready to return to the Indiana Hoosiers' lineup Thursday night but that they know they need to earn back the respect of both their teammates and fans. Read more on this news related to 'Conciliatory'