Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Conciliatory'
Conciliatory Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- making or willing to make concessions; "loneliness tore through him...whenever he thought of...even the compromising Louis du Tillet" [syn: compromising, flexible] [ant: uncompromising]
- overcoming animosity or hostility; "spoke in a conciliating tone"; "a conciliatory visit" [syn: conciliative] [ant: antagonistic]
- Conciliatory \Con*cil"i*a*to*ry\ (?; 106), a.
Tending to conciliate; pacific; mollifying; propitiating.
The only alternative, therefore, was to have recourse
to the conciliatory policy. --Prescott.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Conciliatory'
- Conciliatory Resolution: The Conciliatory Resolution was a resolution passed by the British Parliament in an attempt to reach a peaceful settlement with the Thirteen ...
Words and phrases related to 'Conciliatory'
Conciliatory Sample Sentences in News
- Ukrainian leader calls for dialogue after police sweep fails
MOSCOW – Ukraine’s president struck a conciliatory tone Wednesday with opponents of his government, offering dialogue after security forces earlier in the day unsuccessfully tried to clear protesters from the capital’s Independence Square. Read more on this news related to 'Conciliatory'
- Alarm over Pakistan's 'conciliatory' Taliban approach
Concern over a 'conciliatory' approach to the Pakistan Taliban Read more on this news related to 'Conciliatory'
- Karunanidhi suggests conciliatory approach on GAIL pipeline issue
Suggesting a conciliatory approach on the GAIL pipeline issue, the DMK on Wednesday suggested that talks could be held between the company and affected farmers to bring a solution to the issue.... Read more on this news related to 'Conciliatory'