Conciliatory Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- overcoming animosity or hostility; "spoke in a conciliating tone"; "a conciliatory visit"
- making or willing to make concessions; "loneliness tore through him...whenever he thought of...even the compromising Louis du Tillet"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Conciliatory'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Conciliatory'
- Conciliatory Resolution: The Conciliatory Resolution was a resolution passed by the British Parliament in an attempt to reach a peaceful settlement with the Thirteen ...
Words and phrases related to 'Conciliatory'
Conciliatory Sample Sentences in News
- Conciliatory Mourinho congratulates Arsenal and Wenger
By Mike Collett LONDON (Reuters) - Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho congratulated Arsene Wenger on his 18 years as Arsenal manager on Friday and said he had no need to apologise for calling him a 'specialist in failure' last season. Mourinho, in an unusually conciliatory mood towards his old adversary, also played down the significance of Chelsea's 6-0 wi Read more on this news related to 'Conciliatory'
- Hong Kong protesters to hold street vote
The vote is to gauge protesters' views on conciliatory offers from the Hong Kong government, which the student leaders initially dismissed as lacking substance but have since decided to conduct a straw poll to decide on their next move. Read more on this news related to 'Conciliatory'
- Vatican Report Conciliatory Toward Gays, Unmarried Couples
An assembly of Roman Catholic bishops calls for the church to welcome gays, unmarried couples and those who have divorced. Steve Inskeep talks to Joshua McElwee of the National Catholic Reporter . Read more on this news related to 'Conciliatory'