Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Conciliatory'
Conciliatory Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- making or willing to make concessions; "loneliness tore through him...whenever he thought of...even the compromising Louis du Tillet" [syn: compromising, flexible] [ant: uncompromising]
- overcoming animosity or hostility; "spoke in a conciliating tone"; "a conciliatory visit" [syn: conciliative] [ant: antagonistic]
- Conciliatory \Con*cil"i*a*to*ry\ (?; 106), a.
Tending to conciliate; pacific; mollifying; propitiating.
The only alternative, therefore, was to have recourse
to the conciliatory policy. --Prescott.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Conciliatory'
- Conciliatory Resolution: The Conciliatory Resolution was a resolution passed by the British Parliament in an attempt to reach a peaceful settlement with the Thirteen ...
Words and phrases related to 'Conciliatory'
Conciliatory Sample Sentences in News
- Obama Talks a Conciliatory Tone About News Leaks
The president responds to criticism administration is targeting journalists. Read more on this news related to 'Conciliatory'
- Jay Carney strikes more conciliatory tone with reporters
Obama’s press secretary had angered reporters when he changed his story about the IRS controversy. Read more on this news related to 'Conciliatory'
- Sibal moves for conciliatory settlement with Vodafone
Sibal moves file for a conciliatory settlement with telco on tax issue Read more on this news related to 'Conciliatory'