Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Conciliatory'
Conciliatory Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- making or willing to make concessions; "loneliness tore through him...whenever he thought of...even the compromising Louis du Tillet" [syn: compromising, flexible] [ant: uncompromising]
- overcoming animosity or hostility; "spoke in a conciliating tone"; "a conciliatory visit" [syn: conciliative] [ant: antagonistic]
- Conciliatory \Con*cil"i*a*to*ry\ (?; 106), a.
Tending to conciliate; pacific; mollifying; propitiating.
The only alternative, therefore, was to have recourse
to the conciliatory policy. --Prescott.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Conciliatory'
- Conciliatory Resolution: The Conciliatory Resolution was a resolution passed by the British Parliament in an attempt to reach a peaceful settlement with the Thirteen ...
Words and phrases related to 'Conciliatory'
Conciliatory Sample Sentences in News
- Conciliatory words hide Putin's anger over Ukraine
* Putin leaves others to make bellicose statements * Ukraine accuses Kremlin over Crimea events MOSCOW, Feb 28 (Reuters) - At almost midnight and with little fanfare, the Kremlin put out a statement outlining President Vladimir Putin's orders on Ukraine - and they were as conciliatory as earlier Russian announcements had been confrontational. Ordering his gove Read more on this news related to 'Conciliatory'
- STOCKS NEWS MIDEAST-Qatar rebounds; govt appears conciliatory to Gulf allies
0659 GMT - Qatar's bourse recovers sharply from Wednesday's slump after the Qatari government appears conciliatory in its diplomatic dispute with Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates and Bahrain. Those three countries decided to withdraw their ambassadors from Doha on Wednesday, saying Qatar had failed to honour an agreement not to interfere in their int Read more on this news related to 'Conciliatory'
- .:Middle East Online:::.
Moderate politician, of conciliatory nature, hopes compromise government would be 'best formula' for Lebanon challenges. Read more on this news related to 'Conciliatory'