Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Compromised'
- Compromise \Com"pro*mise\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Compromised; p.
pr. & vb. n. Compromising.] [From Compromise, n.; cf.
- To bind by mutual agreement; to agree. [Obs.] Laban and himself were compromised That all the eanlings which were streaked and pied Should fall as Jacob's hire. --Shak.
- To adjust and settle by mutual concessions; to compound. The controversy may easily be compromised. --Fuller.
- To pledge by some act or declaration; to endanger the life, reputation, etc., of, by some act which can not be recalled; to expose to suspicion. To pardon all who had been compromised in the late disturbances. --Motley.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Compromised'
To compromise is to make a deal where one person gives up part of his or her demand. In arguments, compromise is a concept of finding agreement through communication, through a mutual acceptance of terms—often involving variations from an original goal or desire. Extremism is often considered as antonym to compromise, which, depending on context, may be associated with concepts of balance, tolerance. In the negative connotation, compromise may be referred to as capitulation, referring to a "surrender" of objectives, principles, or material, in the process of negotiating an agreement. In human relationships "compromise" is frequently said to be an agreement that no party is happy with, this is because the parties involved often feel that they either gave away too much or that they received too little.[See more about Compromised at Dictionary 3.0 Encyclopedia]
Words and phrases related to 'Compromised'
Compromised Sample Sentences in News
- Attention Scrapbookers: Michaels Confirms Credit Card Data Breach
Michaels Stores finally confirmed on Thursday that the credit card data of nearly 3 million customers was compromised in a recent data breach. A company subsidiary, Aaron Brothers, had up to 400,000 customer credit cards compromised by the breach, while Michaels Stores reported about 2.6 million vulnerable cards. The company concluded that the data breach happene Read more on this news related to 'Compromised'
- Crafts Chain Michaels Confirms Nearly 3 Million Credit Cards Compromised in Data Breach
A security hole allowed data thieves access to some customer card information but not names, addresses or PINs. Read more on this news related to 'Compromised'
- UPMC data breach could be part of a national scheme
The data breach that has compromised the personal information of thousands of UPMC employees and the tax returns of hundreds more could be part of a national scheme. Read more on this news related to 'Compromised'