Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Compromised'
- Compromise \Com"pro*mise\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Compromised; p.
pr. & vb. n. Compromising.] [From Compromise, n.; cf.
- To bind by mutual agreement; to agree. [Obs.] Laban and himself were compromised That all the eanlings which were streaked and pied Should fall as Jacob's hire. --Shak.
- To adjust and settle by mutual concessions; to compound. The controversy may easily be compromised. --Fuller.
- To pledge by some act or declaration; to endanger the life, reputation, etc., of, by some act which can not be recalled; to expose to suspicion. To pardon all who had been compromised in the late disturbances. --Motley.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Compromised'
To compromise is to make a deal where one person gives up part of his or her demand. In arguments, compromise is a concept of finding agreement through communication, through a mutual acceptance of terms—often involving variations from an original goal or desire. Extremism is often considered as antonym to compromise, which, depending on context, may be associated with concepts of balance, tolerance. In the negative connotation, compromise may be referred to as capitulation, referring to a "surrender" of objectives, principles, or material, in the process of negotiating an agreement. In human relationships "compromise" is frequently said to be an agreement that no party is happy with, this is because the parties involved often feel that they either gave away too much or that they received too little.[See more about Compromised at Dictionary 3.0 Encyclopedia]
Words and phrases related to 'Compromised'
Compromised Sample Sentences in News
- DRDO Dismisses Reports of Its Networks Being Hacked
DRDO today said that none of its networks has been compromised through hacking and it does not store classified information on computers connected to the Internet. Read more on this news related to 'Compromised'
- DRDO says none of its networks hacked
DRDO today said that none of its networks has been compromised through hacking and it does not store classified information on computers connected to the Internet. “No classified informa... Read more on this news related to 'Compromised'
- Patient Data Compromised In Health Services Computer Theft
The personal information of about 168,500 patients of the Los Angeles County departments of Health Services and Public Health was stolen during the theft of computer equipment. Read more on this news related to 'Compromised'