Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Compromised'
- Compromise \Com"pro*mise\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Compromised; p.
pr. & vb. n. Compromising.] [From Compromise, n.; cf.
- To bind by mutual agreement; to agree. [Obs.] Laban and himself were compromised That all the eanlings which were streaked and pied Should fall as Jacob's hire. --Shak.
- To adjust and settle by mutual concessions; to compound. The controversy may easily be compromised. --Fuller.
- To pledge by some act or declaration; to endanger the life, reputation, etc., of, by some act which can not be recalled; to expose to suspicion. To pardon all who had been compromised in the late disturbances. --Motley.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Compromised'
To compromise is to make a deal where one person gives up part of his or her demand. In arguments, compromise is a concept of finding agreement through communication, through a mutual acceptance of terms—often involving variations from an original goal or desire. Extremism is often considered as antonym to compromise, which, depending on context, may be associated with concepts of balance, tolerance. In the negative connotation, compromise may be referred to as capitulation, referring to a "surrender" of objectives, principles, or material, in the process of negotiating an agreement. In human relationships "compromise" is frequently said to be an agreement that no party is happy with, this is because the parties involved often feel that they either gave away too much or that they received too little.[See more about Compromised at Dictionary 3.0 Encyclopedia]
Words and phrases related to 'Compromised'
Compromised Sample Sentences in News
- Mystery attack drops avalanche of malicious messages on Twitter
Scammers abuse thousands of compromised accounts linked to third-party services. Read more on this news related to 'Compromised'
- NTSB head: Oil tanker rail 'safety has been compromised'
The recent spate of accidents in the U.S. and Canada involving trains carrying crude oil demonstrates that “far too often, safety has been compromised,” the head of the top U.S. transportation safety agency said today. Read more on this news related to 'Compromised'
- Bitcoins at heart of server breach, ISU offers identity protection service
Over 29,000 students enrolled between 1995 and 2012 may have had their Social Security numbers compromised due to a security breach affecting five departmental servers on campus. Read more on this news related to 'Compromised'