Comparative Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- the comparative form of an adjective; "`better'' is the comparative of `good''"
- having significance only in relation to something else; "a comparative newcomer"
- relating to or based on or involving comparison; "comparative linguistics"
Definitions from Wiktionary
- the comparative form of an adjective; "`better' is the comparative of `good'"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Comparative'?
Comparative Meaning and Definition in Wikipedia
Adjectives and Adverbs can be comparative in English and some other languages. When people are talking about two or more nouns, they can compare them (say the differences between them). The word which explains how they compare is called the comparative. They can also compare actions using adverbs.
Examples: (The comparative is in bold).
Many words can be made into a comparative by adding er to the end of the word.
Words that end with the letter 'Y' can still be made into a comparative, but people change the 'Y' to an 'I' and then add 'ER'.
Words and phrases related to 'Comparative'
Comparative Sample Sentences in News
- Metso's comparative segment information according to the new reporting structure
Metso`s comparative segment information according to the new reporting structure Metso Corporation`s stock exchange release on October 20, 2014 at 2:30 p.m. local time Metso will report its January-September ... Read more on this news related to 'Comparative'
- Voodoo Alerts Offers Complimentary Comparative Analysis with New Website Check Tool
Comparative analysis is not only important when starting a business, it is a necessary part of remaining relevant in the market space. With this in mind, Voodoo Alerts released a new free website check tool that analyzes a user’s website on the most important performance metrics and offers comparative analysis against industry standards. (PRWeb October 30, 2014) Read more on this news related to 'Comparative'
- Comparative perspectives, need of the hour
The remarks of former U.S. Deputy Secretary of State Strobe Talbott — more famously known for his marathon talks on the nuclear issue with Jaswant Singh under the earlier Vajpayee regime — during... Read more on this news related to 'Comparative'