Communicate Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- transmit thoughts or feelings; "He communicated his anxieties to the psychiatrist"
- transmit information ; "Please communicate this message to all employees"
- receive Communion, in the Catholic church
- administer communion; in church
- be in verbal contact; interchange information or ideas; "He and his sons haven''t communicated for years"; "Do you communicate well with your advisor?"
- join or connect; "The rooms communicated"
- transfer to another; "communicate a disease"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Communicate'?
Communicate Meaning and Definition in Wikipedia
Communication is when information is passed from a sender to a recipient using a medium. There are different media that can be used:
Communication can be good spoken (a word) or non-spoken (a smile). Communication has many ways, and happens all the time. Not only humans communicate, most other animals do too. Some communication is done without thinking, such as by changing in posture.
Another form of communication tries to change somebody's mind. In an extreme case it can be propaganda.
Communication works by exchanging information or messages. In very basic terms
Words and phrases related to 'Communicate'
'Communicate' example sentence in quotations
* Think like a wise man but communicate in the language of the people. - William Butler Yeats
* A writer writes not because he is educated but because he is driven by the need to communicate. Behind the need to communicate is the need to share. Behind the need to share is the need to be understood. The writer wants to be understood much more than he wants to be respected or praised or even loved. And that perhaps, is what makes him different from others. - Leo C. Rosten
Click here for more related quotations on 'Communicate'
Communicate Sample Sentences in News
- How To Communicate Effectively At Work
see photosThinkstockClick for full photo gallery: How to Communicate Effectively at Work The title of Karen Friedman’s more recent book isn’t exactly subtle. Shut Up And Say Something: Business Communication Strategies to Overcome Challenges and Influence Listeners lays out her no-nonsense philosophy about how to best get your point across, drawn [...] Read more on this news related to 'Communicate'
- Communicate & shape perception through social media, Shabery urge leaders
KUALA LUMPUR: In this digital age, leaders must be able to communicate, convey information and shape perception through all available social media platforms so that they are not left behind in the new Malaysian political landscape. “We have to make use of these available platforms before someone else misuses them, because building perception is a reality," Read more on this news related to 'Communicate'
- Don't Be a Turkey in How You Communicate Appreciation to Your Staff
Clueless managers might fall short in expressing their thanks on the eve of Thanksgiving. Here's what to do. Read more on this news related to 'Communicate'