Communicate Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- transmit thoughts or feelings; "He communicated his anxieties to the psychiatrist"
- transmit information ; "Please communicate this message to all employees"
- receive Communion, in the Catholic church
- administer communion; in church
- be in verbal contact; interchange information or ideas; "He and his sons haven''t communicated for years"; "Do you communicate well with your advisor?"
- join or connect; "The rooms communicated"
- transfer to another; "communicate a disease"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Communicate'?
Communicate Meaning and Definition in Wikipedia
Communication is when information is passed from a sender to a recipient using a medium. There are different media that can be used:
Communication can be good spoken (a word) or non-spoken (a smile). Communication has many ways, and happens all the time. Not only humans communicate, most other animals do too. Some communication is done without thinking, such as by changing in posture.
Another form of communication tries to change somebody's mind. In an extreme case it can be propaganda.
Communication works by exchanging information or messages. In very basic terms
Words and phrases related to 'Communicate'
'Communicate' example sentence in quotations
* Think like a wise man but communicate in the language of the people. - William Butler Yeats
* A writer writes not because he is educated but because he is driven by the need to communicate. Behind the need to communicate is the need to share. Behind the need to share is the need to be understood. The writer wants to be understood much more than he wants to be respected or praised or even loved. And that perhaps, is what makes him different from others. - Leo C. Rosten
Click here for more related quotations on 'Communicate'
Communicate Sample Sentences in News
- Many young pupils 'can't communicate'
A study suggests too many children in England are starting school unable to communicate well enough or control their behaviour. Read more on this news related to 'Communicate'
- How To Communicate Like A Jerk
To communicate like a jerk is all the rage these days. Read more on this news related to 'Communicate'
- Clinton aides used personal emails to communicate with her: NYT
Private emails that Hillary Clinton turned over to a House committee investigating the 2012 attack on a U.S. compound in Benghazi, Libya, show her aides sometimes used their personal email accounts to communicate with her, the New York Times reported on Monday. Read more on this news related to 'Communicate'