Communicate Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- transmit thoughts or feelings; "He communicated his anxieties to the psychiatrist"
- transmit information ; "Please communicate this message to all employees"
- receive Communion, in the Catholic church
- administer communion; in church
- be in verbal contact; interchange information or ideas; "He and his sons haven''t communicated for years"; "Do you communicate well with your advisor?"
- join or connect; "The rooms communicated"
- transfer to another; "communicate a disease"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Communicate'?
Communicate Meaning and Definition in Wikipedia
Communication is when information is passed from a sender to a recipient using a medium. There are different media that can be used:
Communication can be good spoken (a word) or non-spoken (a smile). Communication has many ways, and happens all the time. Not only humans communicate, most other animals do too. Some communication is done without thinking, such as by changing in posture.
Another form of communication tries to change somebody's mind. In an extreme case it can be propaganda.
Communication works by exchanging information or messages. In very basic terms
Words and phrases related to 'Communicate'
'Communicate' example sentence in quotations
* Think like a wise man but communicate in the language of the people. - William Butler Yeats
* A writer writes not because he is educated but because he is driven by the need to communicate. Behind the need to communicate is the need to share. Behind the need to share is the need to be understood. The writer wants to be understood much more than he wants to be respected or praised or even loved. And that perhaps, is what makes him different from others. - Leo C. Rosten
Click here for more related quotations on 'Communicate'
Communicate Sample Sentences in News
- 'Eye gazer' could help paralysed schoolgirl communicate with parents after devastating car crash
This schoolgirl was left unable to communicate with her family after she was knocked down by a car last year. Bubbly Shannon Folena, 12, suffered serious head injuries in the accident in Pembrokeshire, Wales, last March which left her unable to move independently. Read more on this news related to 'Communicate'
- Neuroscientists identify new way several brain areas communicate
Neuroscientists have identified a new pathway by which several brain areas communicate within the brain's striatum. The findings illustrate structural and functional connections that allow the brain to use reinforcement learning to make spatial decisions. Knowing how these specific pathways work together provides crucial insight into how learning occurs. It al Read more on this news related to 'Communicate'
- Chatty Machines? Future Computers Could Communicate Like Humans
Researchers are trying to break down the language barrier between humans and computers, as part of a new program from the Defense Advanced Projects Agency (DARPA), which is responsible for developing new technologies for the U.S. military. The program — dubbed Communicating with Computers (CwC) — aims to get computers to express themselves more like humans by Read more on this news related to 'Communicate'