Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Commentator'
Commentator Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- an expert who observes and comments on something [syn: observer]
- a writer who reports and analyzes events of the day [syn: reviewer]
- Commentator \Com"men*ta`tor\, n. [L. commentator: cf. F.
One who writes a commentary or comments; an expositor; an
The commentator's professed object is to explain, to
enforce, to illustrate doctrines claimed as true.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Commentator'
- Commentator: Commentator may refer to: Pundit (expert), a commentator on a topic such as politics, social sciences or sport. Sports commentator , a sports ...
- Sports commentator: In sports broadcasting , a commentator gives a running commentary of a game or event in real time , usually during a live broadcast . ...
- Color commentator: A color commentator (color analyst, analyst) is a sports commentator who assists the play-by-play announcer , often by filling in any time ...
- Commentator (horse): Commentator (foaled March 27, 2001), is an American Thoroughbred race horse by the stallion Distorted Humor , sire of 2003 Kentucky ...
Words and phrases related to 'Commentator'
Commentator Sample Sentences in News
- Commentator blows the whistle
When an ice hockey ref went down, the caller was called on to substitute... Read more on this news related to 'Commentator'
- Oz sports commentator sparks Twitter outrage with Indian gag
Australian sports commentator has sparked outrage on Twitter for an Indian impersonation during a news Read more on this news related to 'Commentator'
- Climate change commentator Sir David King to visit
Climate change commentator and the United Kingdom’s former Government chief scientific adviser, Sir David King, presents lectures at all three of Massey’s New Zealand campuses as part of a public lecture series later this month. Read more on this news related to 'Commentator'