Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Commentator'
Commentator Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- an expert who observes and comments on something [syn: observer]
- a writer who reports and analyzes events of the day [syn: reviewer]
- Commentator \Com"men*ta`tor\, n. [L. commentator: cf. F.
One who writes a commentary or comments; an expositor; an
The commentator's professed object is to explain, to
enforce, to illustrate doctrines claimed as true.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Commentator'
- Commentator: Commentator may refer to: Pundit (expert), a commentator on a topic such as politics, social sciences or sport. Sports commentator , a sports ...
- Sports commentator: In sports broadcasting , a commentator gives a running commentary of a game or event in real time , usually during a live broadcast . ...
- Color commentator: A color commentator (color analyst, analyst) is a sports commentator who assists the play-by-play announcer , often by filling in any time ...
- Commentator (horse): Commentator (foaled March 27, 2001), is an American Thoroughbred race horse by the stallion Distorted Humor , sire of 2003 Kentucky ...
Words and phrases related to 'Commentator'