Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Commentator'
Commentator Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- an expert who observes and comments on something [syn: observer]
- a writer who reports and analyzes events of the day [syn: reviewer]
- Commentator \Com"men*ta`tor\, n. [L. commentator: cf. F.
One who writes a commentary or comments; an expositor; an
The commentator's professed object is to explain, to
enforce, to illustrate doctrines claimed as true.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Commentator'
- Commentator: Commentator may refer to: Pundit (expert), a commentator on a topic such as politics, social sciences or sport. Sports commentator , a sports ...
- Sports commentator: In sports broadcasting , a commentator gives a running commentary of a game or event in real time , usually during a live broadcast . ...
- Color commentator: A color commentator (color analyst, analyst) is a sports commentator who assists the play-by-play announcer , often by filling in any time ...
- Commentator (horse): Commentator (foaled March 27, 2001), is an American Thoroughbred race horse by the stallion Distorted Humor , sire of 2003 Kentucky ...
Words and phrases related to 'Commentator'
Commentator Sample Sentences in News
- WWE commentator Jerry 'The King' Lawler owns a Batmobile
The pro wrestling personality drives a replica of the vehicle used in the hit 1960s TV show featuring the Caped Crusader. Read more on this news related to 'Commentator'
- Fox Sports' Gus Johnson experiment comes to a merciful end
Gus Johnson, the most criticized soccer commentator in the United States, has told Sports Illustrated that he has decided to step down as Fox's top commentator for the sport. Read more on this news related to 'Commentator'
- VIDEO: The inside track on the Singapore GP
BBC F1 commentator Ben Edwards previews the Singapore Grand Prix the only night race on the calendar. Read more on this news related to 'Commentator'