Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Cogent'
Cogent Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- having the power to influence or convince; "a cogent analysis of the problem"; "potent arguments" [syn: potent, powerful]
- powerfully persuasive; "a cogent argument"; "a telling presentation"; "a weighty argument" [syn: telling, weighty]
- Cogent \Co"gent\ (k[=o]"j[e^]nt), a. [L. cogens, p. pr. of
cogere to drive together, to force; co- + agere to drive. See
Agent, a., and cf. Coact to force, Coagulate, p. a.]
- Compelling, in a physical sense; powerful. [Obs.] The cogent force of nature. --Prior.
- Having the power to compel conviction or move the will; constraining; conclusive; forcible; powerful; not easily reasisted. No better nor more cogent reason. --Dr. H. More. Proofs of the most cogent description. --Tyndall. The tongue whose strains were cogent as commands, Revered at home, and felt in foreign lands. --Cowper. Syn: Forcible; powerful; potent; urgent; strong; persuasive; convincing; conclusive; influential.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Cogent'
- Cogent: Cogent can refer to: Cogency of an argument. Cogent Communications , an Internet service provider. Cogent Partners , an investment banking ...
- Cogent Communications: Cogent Communications is a multinational internet service provider whose network spans more than 50,600 intercity fiber route miles and 14 ...
- Cogent Partners: Cogent Partners is a boutique private equity focused investment bank and advisory firm and was one of the first advisory firms ...
- Cogent Systems: Cogent Systems, Inc. is a manufacturer of automated fingerprint identification systems (AFIS). announced they acquired Cogent Systems for $943M. ...
- Cogent Research: Cogent Research is a market research firm providing both custom and syndicated research. The company is specializing in research design ...
Words and phrases related to 'Cogent'
Cogent Sample Sentences in News
- Cogent Communications to Present at Three Upcoming Conferences
WASHINGTON, Nov. 21, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Cogent Communications Group, Inc. (CCOI), one of the largest Internet service providers in the world, today announced that the company will present at the following conferences: The Bank of America Merrill Lynch 2013 Leveraged Finance Conference is being held at the Boca Raton Resort & Club in Boca Raton, FL. Dave Schae Read more on this news related to 'Cogent'
- Cogent Commu. To Present At Bank Of America Conference; Webcast At 2:50 PM ET
Cogent Commu. To Present At Bank Of America Conference; Webcast At 2:50 PM ET Read more on this news related to 'Cogent'
- Cogent Reports: Mid-Sized Institutions Best Bet for US Asset Management Firms Seeking Opportunities Abroad
CAMBRIDGE, Mass.---- While US-based asset management firms face a number of uphill challenges when seeking opportunities abroad, including home country investment bias and high overall satisfaction with incumbent providers, many are on the radar screen and thus poised to win more business outside the familiar territory of the United States. Read more on this news related to 'Cogent'