Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Coalescence'
Coalescence Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
n : the union of diverse things into one body or form or group;
the growing together of parts [syn: coalescency, coalition,
- Coalescence \Co`a*les"cence\, n.
The act or state of growing together, as similar parts; the
act of uniting by natural affinity or attraction; the state
of being united; union; concretion.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Coalescence'
- Coalescence: Coalescence may refer to: Coalescence (genetics), the merging of genetic lineages backwards time to a most recent common ancestor ...
- Coalescence (meteorology): Coalescence is the process by which two or more droplets or particles merge during ... cloud, they collide and coalesce to form larger droplets. ...
- Coalescence (chemistry): In chemistry , coalescence is a process in which two phase domains of the same composition come together and form a larger phase domain. ...
- Coalescence (linguistics): In linguistics , coalescence is a phonological process by which two neighboring sounds merge into a single sound that has properties of ...
- Vowel coalescence: Vowel coalescence is a phonological process in which two consecutive vowels fuse into one - often long - vowel. In typical cases, the ...
- Microvoid coalescence: Microvoid coalescence (MVC) is a high energy microscopic fracture mechanism observed in the majority of metallic alloys and in some ...
- Coalescence (computer science): In computer science , coalescing is the act of merging two adjacent free blocks of ... Coalescence and related techniques like heap compaction ...
Words and phrases related to 'Coalescence'
Coalescence Sample Sentences in News
- Andre Canniere: Coalescence – review
(Whirlwind) With 2012's Forward Space, young, London-resident US trumpeter Andre Canniere showed glimpses of an unusual fluency and freedom within the context of a dense and rhythmically intricate contemporary-jazz sound. Coalescence does a similar thing better, with Canniere's accomplished local band (including pianist Ivo Neame and guitarist Hannes Riepl Read more on this news related to 'Coalescence'
- Superwetting Surfactants help coat hard-to-wet substrates.
Designed to have superior balance of properties, including both equilibrium and dynamic wetting, system compatibility, and low foam, Dynol™ 960 and 980 solve the problems associated with coating hard-to-wet substrates. Aiding in film coalescence, siloxane-based superwetters also provide flow and leveling. Products optimize formulation performance, while m Read more on this news related to 'Coalescence'
- Research brings new control over topological insulator
Scanning tunnelling microscopy image of Bi2Se3 topological insulator thin films. The atomic structure of a grain boundary formed by coalescence of two nearby grains during the growth process is revealed. Read more on this news related to 'Coalescence'