Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Clutter'
Clutter Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- a confused multitude of things [syn: jumble, muddle, mare's nest, welter, smother]
- unwanted echoes that interfere with the observation of signals on a radar screen v : fill a space in a disorderly way [syn: clutter up] [ant: unclutter]
- Clutter \Clut"ter\, n. [Cf. W. cludair heap, pile, cludeirio to
- A confused collection; hence, confusion; disorder; as, the room is in a clutter. He saw what a clutter there was with huge, overgrown pots, pans, and spits. --L'Estrange.
- Clatter; confused noise. --Swift.
- Clutter \Clut"ter\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Cluttered; p. pr. &
vb. n. Cluttering.]
To crowd together in disorder; to fill or cover with things
in disorder; to throw into disorder; to disarrange; as, to
clutter a room.
- Clutter \Clut"ter\, v. i.
To make a confused noise; to bustle.
It [the goose] cluttered here, it chuckled there.
220 catflap.bishopston.net dictd 1.11.2/rf on FreeBSD 8.1-STABLE
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Clutter'
- Clutter: Clutter may refer to any of the following: Excessive physical disorder: Clutter (organizing): A confusing or disorderly state or collection ...
- Clutter (toolkit): Clutter is an open source graphics library for creating hardware-accelerated user interfaces. It relies upon OpenGL (1.4+) or OpenGL ES ...
- Clutter (radar): Clutter is a term used for unwanted echoes in electronic systems, particularly in reference to radar s. Such echoes are typically returned ...
- Clutter (album): Clutter is the debut studio album by Laki Mera . In December 2007, prior to its official release on CD in April 2008, the band made the ...
- Clutter folding: Clutter folding is a term used in describing "clutter " seen by radar systems. Clutter folding becomes a problem when the range extent of ...
- Clutter Nutters: Clutter Nutters is a Children's TV show produced by Ricochet in 2006 for the CBBC Channel , where two contestants battle it out to win a ...
- Clutter (advertising): Advertising or marketing clutter refers to the large volume of advertising messages that the average consumer is exposed to on a daily ...
- Your Future Our Clutter: Your Future Our Clutter is an album by The Fall , released in the UK on April 26, 2010. It is the group's twenty-eighth studio album, and ...
Words and phrases related to 'Clutter'
Clutter Sample Sentences in News
- Stress and Clutter in the Big Apple
NEW YORK, July 28, 2014 /PRNewswire-iReach/ -- New York City is probably one of the most stressful places in the United States and quite possibly the world in general. Also, because of the sheer pace of life in the Big Apple there is sometimes so little time to address the issue of clutter in your apartment, town home, or condo. Without this ability to move the ca Read more on this news related to 'Clutter'
- How To Be More Organised (Part One): Clutter
Do you want to be more organised? Is organisation something you need to improve, to boost your work productivity and personal productivity? Read more on this news related to 'Clutter'
- Clutter and Downsizing
Downsizing is one factor that many individuals need to take into account when looking at retirement and moving on with their life. Life is about moving and clutter removal is one of the first parts in moving in forward in regards to handling a wide variety of different issues that occur before possibly moving onto a new stage in your life. Read more on this news related to 'Clutter'