Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Clutter'
Clutter Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- a confused multitude of things [syn: jumble, muddle, mare's nest, welter, smother]
- unwanted echoes that interfere with the observation of signals on a radar screen v : fill a space in a disorderly way [syn: clutter up] [ant: unclutter]
- Clutter \Clut"ter\, n. [Cf. W. cludair heap, pile, cludeirio to
- A confused collection; hence, confusion; disorder; as, the room is in a clutter. He saw what a clutter there was with huge, overgrown pots, pans, and spits. --L'Estrange.
- Clatter; confused noise. --Swift.
- Clutter \Clut"ter\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Cluttered; p. pr. &
vb. n. Cluttering.]
To crowd together in disorder; to fill or cover with things
in disorder; to throw into disorder; to disarrange; as, to
clutter a room.
- Clutter \Clut"ter\, v. i.
To make a confused noise; to bustle.
It [the goose] cluttered here, it chuckled there.
220 catflap.bishopston.net dictd 1.11.2/rf on FreeBSD 8.1-STABLE
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Clutter'
- Clutter: Clutter may refer to any of the following: Excessive physical disorder: Clutter (organizing): A confusing or disorderly state or collection ...
- Clutter (toolkit): Clutter is an open source graphics library for creating hardware-accelerated user interfaces. It relies upon OpenGL (1.4+) or OpenGL ES ...
- Clutter (radar): Clutter is a term used for unwanted echoes in electronic systems, particularly in reference to radar s. Such echoes are typically returned ...
- Clutter (album): Clutter is the debut studio album by Laki Mera . In December 2007, prior to its official release on CD in April 2008, the band made the ...
- Clutter folding: Clutter folding is a term used in describing "clutter " seen by radar systems. Clutter folding becomes a problem when the range extent of ...
- Clutter Nutters: Clutter Nutters is a Children's TV show produced by Ricochet in 2006 for the CBBC Channel , where two contestants battle it out to win a ...
- Clutter (advertising): Advertising or marketing clutter refers to the large volume of advertising messages that the average consumer is exposed to on a daily ...
- Your Future Our Clutter: Your Future Our Clutter is an album by The Fall , released in the UK on April 26, 2010. It is the group's twenty-eighth studio album, and ...
Words and phrases related to 'Clutter'
Clutter Sample Sentences in News
- Hoarding, clutter present dangers to firefighters
LANCASTER, Pennsylvania — When firefighters arrived to fight the fire at Ken Murry's Mountville home late last month, they couldn't open either of the front doors. Read more on this news related to 'Clutter'
- Clutter Havens in Your Home
BALTIMORE, April 14, 2014 /PRNewswire-iReach/ -- How do you know you have any issue with the clutter in your home? Clutter is when items that you have accrued over time start taking up more and more of your space and you do not know what to do with it. A primary offender in this circumstance is often your bedroom closet. The bedroom closet is generally the first p Read more on this news related to 'Clutter'
- The Bristol Post commented Clear street clutter and help blind people
Article Read more on this news related to 'Clutter'