Cline Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- Americn geneticist who succeeded in transferring a functioning gene from one mouse to another (born in 1934)
Definitions from Wiktionary
- American geneticist who succeeded in transferring a functioning gene from one mouse to another (born in 1934)
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Cline'?
Cline Meaning and Definition in Wikipedia
In biology, a cline,
Clines consist of forms of a species that show gradual phenotypic and/or genetic differences over a geographical area.
The reason for these differences is that the environment is somewhat different in different parts of the range. Populations become adapted to the situation in their areas, but this adaptation is limited by gene flow between neighbouring sub-species.
Genetically, clines result from the change of allele frequencies within the gene pool of the species in question.
Cline Sample Sentences in News
- Cline optimistic DEP will consider industry perspective for new regs
A local member of the newly-created Conventional Oil and Gas Advisory Committee said he is optimistic the state Department of Environmental Protection is poised to heed industry expertise in developing updated regulations. Read more on this news related to 'Cline'
- GPS may have told man to drive off Indiana bridge: cops
© Times of Northwest Indiana A dismantled portion of Cline Avenue over the East Chicago ship canal in East Chicago, Tuesday, September 25, 2012. Read more on this news related to 'Cline'
- Divers capture incredible footage of humpback whales
Hilo resident Kip Cline is no stranger to adventure. This is a guy who, spontaneously and without training, tackled both Mauna Kea and Mauna Loa on a bicycle. Read more on this news related to 'Cline'