Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Cleavage'
Cleavage Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- the state of being split or cleft
- the breaking of a chemical bond in a molecule resulting in smaller molecules
- (embryology) the repeated division of a fertilised ovum [syn: segmentation]
- the line formed by a groove between two parts (especially the separation between a woman's breasts)
- the act of cleaving or splitting
- Cleavage \Cleav"age\, n.
- The act of cleaving or splitting.
- (Crystallog.) The quality possessed by many crystallized substances of splitting readily in one or more definite directions, in which the cohesive attraction is a minimum, affording more or less smooth surfaces; the direction of the dividing plane; a fragment obtained by cleaving, as of a diamond. See Parting.
- (Geol.) Division into lamin[ae], like slate, with the lamination not necessarily parallel to the plane of deposition; -- usually produced by pressure. Basal cleavage, cleavage parallel to the base of a crystal, or to the plane of the lateral axes. Cell cleavage (Biol.), multiplication of cells by fission. See Segmentation. Cubic cleavage, cleavage parallel to the faces of a cube. Diagonal cleavage, cleavage parallel to ta diagonal plane. Egg clavage. (Biol.) See Segmentation. Lateral cleavage, cleavage parallel to the lateral planes. Octahedral, Dodecahedral, or Rhombohedral, cleavage, cleavage parallel to the faces of an octahedron, dodecahedron, or rhombohedron. Prismatic cleavage, cleavage parallel to a vertical prism.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Cleavage'
- Cleavage: Cleavage in general refers to a division or separation of form. Its usage is heavily dependent on cultural context, where it may refer to: ...
- Cleavage (crystal): Cleavage, in mineralogy , is the tendency of crystalline materials to split along definite crystallographic structural planes. ...
- Cleavage (geology): Cleavage, in structural geology and petrology , describes the tendency of a rock to break along preferred planes of weakness, caused by ...
- Cleavage (breasts): Cleavage is the space between a woman 's breasts lying over the sternum revealed by a garment with a low neckline . Cleavage is ...
- Cleavage (embryo): In embryology , cleavage is the division of cell s in the early embryo . The zygote s of many species undergo rapid cell cycle s with no ...
- Cleavage (politics): Cleavage in political science is a concept used in voting analysis and is the division of voters into voting bloc s. The preliminary ...
- Buttock cleavage: Buttock cleavage is minor exposure of the buttocks and the gluteal cleft between them, often because of low-slung trousers . ...
- Bond cleavage: Bond cleavage, or scission, is the splitting of chemical bond s. If the two electrons in a cleaved covalent bond are divided between the ...
Words and phrases related to 'Cleavage'
Cleavage Sample Sentences in News
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Curves In Pink Cleavage-Baring Romper: Picture
Pink's her color! Kim Kardashian showed off her curves in a sexy light pink romper while grabbing lunch in L.A. at Maria's Restaurant on Friday, April 18. The reality star was joined by her grandmother Mary Jo Shannon , Kris Jenner's mother. Read more on this news related to 'Cleavage'
- Kim Kardashian Stuns in Cleavage-Baring Dress, Rihanna Uses Hilarious Jenelle Evans Clip to Promote Monster Tour: Top ...
Kim Kardashian's cleavage-baring dress, and Rihanna's creative Monster Tour promotion made it into this weekend's top stories. Credit: ACLA/Broadimage; Dominique Charriau/WireImage Read more on this news related to 'Cleavage'
- Serena Williams Shows Off Hot Body and Sexy Cleavage in a Bikini: See the Beach Pic!
Looking good, Serena Williams! The 32-year-old sports star hit the beach in Miami yesterday looking sexy in a colorful bikini. Williams flaunted her curves, cleavage and lots... Read more on this news related to 'Cleavage'