Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Cleanly'
Cleanly Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
adj : habitually clean; "cleanly in their persons and habitations"
- in an adroit manner; "he bounced it cleanly off the wall" [syn: flawlessly]
- without distortion; "she played the piano accompaniment cleanly" [also: cleanliest, cleanlier]
- Cleanly \Clean"ly\, adv.
- In a clean manner; neatly. He was very cleanly dressed. --Dickens.
- Innocently; without stain. --Shak.
- Adroitly; dexterously. --Middleton.
- Cleanly \Clean"ly\, a. [Compar. Cleanlier; superl.
Cleanliest.] [From Clean.]
- Habitually clean; pure; innocent. ``Cleanly joys.'' --Glanvill. Some plain but cleanly country maid. --Dryden. Displays her cleanly platter on the board. --Goldsmith.
- Cleansing; fitted to remove moisture; dirt, etc. [Obs.] ``With cleanly powder dry their hair.'' --Prior.
- Adroit; skillful; dexterous; artful. [Obs.] Through his fine handling and his cleanly play. --Spenser.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Cleanly'
Words and phrases related to 'Cleanly'
Cleanly Sample Sentences in News
- Ranji Trophy: Saurabh Tiwary's career-best 175 rescues Jharkhand against Mumbai
Saurabh Tiwary slammed eight cleanly-hit sixes and struck 15 fours to send the Mumbai bowling attack scurrying for cover. Read more on this news related to 'Cleanly'
- Justice Dept official admonishes nation's bankers
WASHINGTON (AP) — Admonishing the nation's bankers, the Justice Department's No. 2 official says too many financial institutions have failed in their duty to ensure that their businesses are run cleanly. Read more on this news related to 'Cleanly'
- Flatland wins women's biathlon World Cup sprint
OSTERSUND, Sweden (AP) -- Ann Kristin Flatland of Norway won the women's 7.5-kilometer sprint race at a biathlon World Cup meet on Friday, shooting cleanly to finish 15.9 seconds ahead of runner-up Olga Zaitseva of Russia. Read more on this news related to 'Cleanly'