Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Cleanly'
Cleanly Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
adj : habitually clean; "cleanly in their persons and habitations"
- in an adroit manner; "he bounced it cleanly off the wall" [syn: flawlessly]
- without distortion; "she played the piano accompaniment cleanly" [also: cleanliest, cleanlier]
- Cleanly \Clean"ly\, adv.
- In a clean manner; neatly. He was very cleanly dressed. --Dickens.
- Innocently; without stain. --Shak.
- Adroitly; dexterously. --Middleton.
- Cleanly \Clean"ly\, a. [Compar. Cleanlier; superl.
Cleanliest.] [From Clean.]
- Habitually clean; pure; innocent. ``Cleanly joys.'' --Glanvill. Some plain but cleanly country maid. --Dryden. Displays her cleanly platter on the board. --Goldsmith.
- Cleansing; fitted to remove moisture; dirt, etc. [Obs.] ``With cleanly powder dry their hair.'' --Prior.
- Adroit; skillful; dexterous; artful. [Obs.] Through his fine handling and his cleanly play. --Spenser.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Cleanly'
Words and phrases related to 'Cleanly'
Cleanly Sample Sentences in News
- SOCHI SCENE: Eat healthy, shoot cleanly
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia (AP) — Two days after winning her first career medal at the Sochi Games, Tiril Eckhoff helped Ole Einar Bjoerndalen and the rest of the Norwegian biathlon team to an historic gold medal in the first Olympic mixed relay on Wednesday. Read more on this news related to 'Cleanly'
- Caught On Camera: Lightning Splits Martinez Tree Cleanly In Half
A neighbor captures the damage on camera after lightning splits a 60-year old redwood. Read more on this news related to 'Cleanly'
- Solid-Carbide Drill cuts through CFRP-titanium stacks.
Operating with through-coolant or without, B55_DAL drills CFRP-metal stacks in hole diameters of 3/16–5/8 in. Double-angle point design provides optimized centering, while sharp edge cleanly cuts composite fiber-reinforced polymers in top layer and exits titanium or aluminum side without burrs. For optimized chip evacuation, fine-grain solid-carbide Beyond&t Read more on this news related to 'Cleanly'