Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Clashing'
Clashing Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
adj : sharply and harshly discordant; "clashing interests of
loggers and conservationists"; "clashing colors"
- Clash \Clash\, v. i. [imp. & p. p. Clashed; p. pr. & vb. n.
Clashing.] [Of imitative origin; cf. G. klatschen, Prov. G.
kleschen, D. kletsen, Dan. klaske, E. clack.]
- To make a noise by striking against something; to dash noisily together.
- To meet in opposition; to act in a contrary direction; to come onto collision; to interfere. However some of his interests might clash with those of the chief adjacent colony. --Palfrey.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Clashing'
- Taking Sides: Clashing Views in Crime and Criminology: Clashing Views is a textbook for college level courses in criminal justice . The first edition was published in 1999 and currently has 8 ...
Words and phrases related to 'Clashing'
Clashing Sample Sentences in News
- Clashing schedules do football fans a disservice
THE first football administrator to produce a fan-friendly draw deserves a gold medal. Read more on this news related to 'Clashing'
- CBSE may defer exams clashing with Lok Sabha polls
The Lok Sabha poll dates declared by the Election Commission of India has sent officials of Central Board of Secondary Education into a tizzy as four main papers of the ongoing Class XII Boards are clashing with them. Read more on this news related to 'Clashing'
- Thai Police Clashes With Protesters in Bangkok Leave 5 Dead
Thai anti-government protesters throw bricks at vehicles after clashing with riot... Read More Thai anti-government protesters throw bricks at vehicles after clashing with riot police following their demands for protesters to leave the area around Government House in Bangkok. Read more on this news related to 'Clashing'