Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Clashing'
Clashing Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
adj : sharply and harshly discordant; "clashing interests of
loggers and conservationists"; "clashing colors"
- Clash \Clash\, v. i. [imp. & p. p. Clashed; p. pr. & vb. n.
Clashing.] [Of imitative origin; cf. G. klatschen, Prov. G.
kleschen, D. kletsen, Dan. klaske, E. clack.]
- To make a noise by striking against something; to dash noisily together.
- To meet in opposition; to act in a contrary direction; to come onto collision; to interfere. However some of his interests might clash with those of the chief adjacent colony. --Palfrey.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Clashing'
- Taking Sides: Clashing Views in Crime and Criminology: Clashing Views is a textbook for college level courses in criminal justice . The first edition was published in 1999 and currently has 8 ...
Words and phrases related to 'Clashing'
Clashing Sample Sentences in News
- Czech Premier Battles Tycoon Minister as Budget Talk Loom
Czech Prime Minister Bohuslav Sobotka is clashing with billionaire Finance Minister Andrej Babis over budget spending, a sign of strain in the coalition government as it heads for talks on next year’s public finances. Read more on this news related to 'Clashing'
- Clashing over office clutter
With more employees working in open-plan offices and shared workspaces, look for more clashes over clutter. Read more on this news related to 'Clashing'
- Squatters, Brazil police clash in Rio de Janeiro
RIO DE JANEIRO (AP) Squatters in Rio de Janeiro are clashing with police after a Brazilian court ordered that 5,000 people be evicted from abandoned buildings of a telecommunications company.Police moved in early Friday to move... Read more on this news related to 'Clashing'