Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Circulate'
- become widely known and passed on; "the rumor spread"; "the story went around in the office" [syn: go around, spread]
- cause to become widely known; "spread information"; "circulate a rumor"; "broadcast the news" [syn: circularize, circularise, distribute, disseminate, propagate, broadcast, spread, diffuse, disperse, pass around]
- cause to be distributed; "This letter is circulating among the faculty" [syn: pass around, pass on, distribute]
- move through a space, circuit or system, returning to the starting point; "Blood circulates in my veins"; "The air here does not circulate"
- move in circles [syn: circle]
- cause to move in a circuit or system; "The fan circulates the air in the room"
- move around freely; "She circulates among royalty"
- cause to move around; "circulate a rumor" [syn: mobilize, mobilise]
- Circulate \Cir"cu*late\, v. t.
To cause to pass from place to place, or from person to
person; to spread; as, to circulate a report; to circulate
bills of credit.
Circulating pump. See under Pump.
Syn: To spread; diffuse; propagate; disseminate.
- Circulate \Cir"cu*late\, v. i. [imp. & p. p. Ciorculated; P.
pr. & vb. n. Circulating.] [L. circulatus, p. p. of
circulare, v. t., to surround, make round, circulari, v. i.,
to gather into a circle. See Circle.]
- To move in a circle or circuitously; to move round and return to the same point; as, the blood circulates in the
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Circulate'
Circulate was the second solo album of Neil Sedaka after his 1959 debut solo album Rock with Sedaka. Circulate was released in 1961 on RCA and was produced by Al Nevins and Don Kirshner. Except for the title song "Circulate" and "I Found My World In You", the whole album contains covers of the 1930s, 1940s and 1950s songs as interpreted by Sedaka. Two of the songs were re-issued as B-sides of other hits: "I Found My World In You" was the B-side of "Sweet Little You" later in 1961, and "Circulate" was the B-side of "Alice In Wonderland" in 1963. Sedaka later recorded Italian-language versions of "Smile" (as "Sorridi") and "All The Way" (as "Si' Amore")
The popular album was re-released on CD in 1995 alongside the contents of the debut album Rock with Sedaka.[See more about Circulate at Dictionary 3.0 Encyclopedia]
Words and phrases related to 'Circulate'
Circulate Sample Sentences in News
- Circulate the SC Directions to Authorities: Madras HC
Madras High Court today reiterated the need for implementing of the Supreme Court Constitutional Bench direction asking authorities to register complaints if a cognisable offence is made out and directed the registry to circulate a copy of the judgment to Home Secretaries of Tamil Nadu and Puducherry governments and senior police officials. Read more on this news related to 'Circulate'
- Could Robinson Cano Really End Up With the Seattle Mariners?
COMMENTARY | A rumor began to circulate Tuesday that the Seattle Mariners had emerged as a "major player" for free agent second baseman Robinson Cano. But there was ESPNNewYork.com, reporting on Tuesday that the Mariners were, in fact, in heavily in the Cano sweepstakes. According to the ESPNNewYork.com report, there is some feeling the Mariners could go Read more on this news related to 'Circulate'
- CHCA teacher on leave after nude photo surfaces online
A fifth grade science teacher at Cincinnati Hills Christian Academy (CHCA) was put on leave after a naked photo began to circulate online. Read more on this news related to 'Circulate'