Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Circulate'
- become widely known and passed on; "the rumor spread"; "the story went around in the office" [syn: go around, spread]
- cause to become widely known; "spread information"; "circulate a rumor"; "broadcast the news" [syn: circularize, circularise, distribute, disseminate, propagate, broadcast, spread, diffuse, disperse, pass around]
- cause to be distributed; "This letter is circulating among the faculty" [syn: pass around, pass on, distribute]
- move through a space, circuit or system, returning to the starting point; "Blood circulates in my veins"; "The air here does not circulate"
- move in circles [syn: circle]
- cause to move in a circuit or system; "The fan circulates the air in the room"
- move around freely; "She circulates among royalty"
- cause to move around; "circulate a rumor" [syn: mobilize, mobilise]
- Circulate \Cir"cu*late\, v. t.
To cause to pass from place to place, or from person to
person; to spread; as, to circulate a report; to circulate
bills of credit.
Circulating pump. See under Pump.
Syn: To spread; diffuse; propagate; disseminate.
- Circulate \Cir"cu*late\, v. i. [imp. & p. p. Ciorculated; P.
pr. & vb. n. Circulating.] [L. circulatus, p. p. of
circulare, v. t., to surround, make round, circulari, v. i.,
to gather into a circle. See Circle.]
- To move in a circle or circuitously; to move round and return to the same point; as, the blood circulates in the
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Circulate'
Circulate was the second solo album of Neil Sedaka after his 1959 debut solo album Rock with Sedaka. Circulate was released in 1961 on RCA and was produced by Al Nevins and Don Kirshner. Except for the title song "Circulate" and "I Found My World In You", the whole album contains covers of the 1930s, 1940s and 1950s songs as interpreted by Sedaka. Two of the songs were re-issued as B-sides of other hits: "I Found My World In You" was the B-side of "Sweet Little You" later in 1961, and "Circulate" was the B-side of "Alice In Wonderland" in 1963. Sedaka later recorded Italian-language versions of "Smile" (as "Sorridi") and "All The Way" (as "Si' Amore")
The popular album was re-released on CD in 1995 alongside the contents of the debut album Rock with Sedaka.[See more about Circulate at Dictionary 3.0 Encyclopedia]
Words and phrases related to 'Circulate'
Circulate Sample Sentences in News
- Murrysville residents, not municipality, can circulate petitions for ballot inclusion
Murrysville residents will be responsible for circulating any petition regarding drilling leases under the community park, despite information released earlier this month by the Westmoreland ... Read more on this news related to 'Circulate'
- Democrats seek to force Republicans to vote on U.S. minimum wage
By Thomas Ferraro CAMBRIDGE, Maryland (Reuters) - Democrats in the U.S. House of Representatives unveiled plans on Thursday to try to force Republicans to move on President Barack Obama's stalled bid to raise the federal minimum wage. Democratic leaders said they would circulate a "discharge petition," which, if signed by half of the House's 435 Read more on this news related to 'Circulate'
- Fake bills circulate in Maypearl
The Maypearl Police Department is seeking help from the public in connection with several counterfeit bills that have been circulated in the community. Read more on this news related to 'Circulate'