Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Chute'
Chute Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- rescue equipment consisting of a device that fills with air and retards your fall [syn: parachute]
- sloping channel through which things can descend [syn: slide, slideway, sloping trough]
- Shoot \Shoot\, n. [F. chute. See Chute. Confused with shoot to
An inclined plane, either artificial or natural, down which
timber, coal, etc., are caused to slide; also, a narrow
passage, either natural or artificial, in a stream, where the
water rushes rapidly; esp., a channel, having a swift
current, connecting the ends of a bend in the stream, so as
to shorten the course. [Written also chute, and shute.]
To take a shoot, to pass through a shoot instead of the
main channel; to take the most direct course. [U.S.]
- Chute \Chute\, n. [F. chute, prop. a fall.]
- A framework, trough, or tube, upon or through which objects are made to slide from a higher to a lower level, or through which water passes to a wheel.
- See Shoot.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Chute'
- Chute: Chute may refer to: Chute (gravity), a channel down which falling materials are guided. Mail chute , a chute for collecting and transporting ...
- Chute! (television programme): Chute is a children's video clip programme presented by Ross Lee that can be seen often on CBBC originally broadcast between September ...
- Chute (gravity): A chute is a vertical or inclined plane , channel, or passage through which objects are moved by means of gravity . Landform: A chute, also ...
- Parachute: Drogue chutes are used to aid horizontal deceleration of a vehicle (a fixed-wing aircraft , or a drag racer ), or to provide stability ...
- Chute, Wiltshire: Chute is a civil parish in Wiltshire , England . It includes the main village of Upper Chute and the smaller settlements of Lower Chute ...
- Chute (racecourse): In horse racing , the term chute refers to an extended path increasing the length of a straight portion of a racecourse, particularly an ...
- Trevor Chute: Major-General Sir Trevor Chute KCB , July 31, 1816–March 12, 1886 (age 69), was an Irish soldier in the British army , whose six week ...
Words and phrases related to 'Chute'
Chute Sample Sentences in News
- Chute Launches Chute Commerce – A Social Merchandising Platform for Online Retailers
Marketers and eCommerce managers can use Chute to discover quality customer photos and videos, organize them, clear rights at scale, and publish the photos at every customer touch point, from banner ads to microsites and now to their online storefronts, product display pages and shoppable social hubs. (PRWeb February 20, 2014) Read the full story at http://www.prw Read more on this news related to 'Chute'
- Coupons.com IPO Nearly Doubles Out of the Chute
In the first few minutes of its first trading day Friday morning, shares of Coupons.com were up about 90%. The promotions and coupon website company had priced its initial public offering Thursday at $16 ... Read more on this news related to 'Chute'
- Newlywed's chute fails to open in BASE jump in Zion National Park
She was an experienced jumper, but her chute did not open, park service says. Read more on this news related to 'Chute'