Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Chute'
Chute Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- rescue equipment consisting of a device that fills with air and retards your fall [syn: parachute]
- sloping channel through which things can descend [syn: slide, slideway, sloping trough]
- Shoot \Shoot\, n. [F. chute. See Chute. Confused with shoot to
An inclined plane, either artificial or natural, down which
timber, coal, etc., are caused to slide; also, a narrow
passage, either natural or artificial, in a stream, where the
water rushes rapidly; esp., a channel, having a swift
current, connecting the ends of a bend in the stream, so as
to shorten the course. [Written also chute, and shute.]
To take a shoot, to pass through a shoot instead of the
main channel; to take the most direct course. [U.S.]
- Chute \Chute\, n. [F. chute, prop. a fall.]
- A framework, trough, or tube, upon or through which objects are made to slide from a higher to a lower level, or through which water passes to a wheel.
- See Shoot.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Chute'
- Chute: Chute may refer to: Chute (gravity), a channel down which falling materials are guided. Mail chute , a chute for collecting and transporting ...
- Chute! (television programme): Chute is a children's video clip programme presented by Ross Lee that can be seen often on CBBC originally broadcast between September ...
- Chute (gravity): A chute is a vertical or inclined plane , channel, or passage through which objects are moved by means of gravity . Landform: A chute, also ...
- Parachute: Drogue chutes are used to aid horizontal deceleration of a vehicle (a fixed-wing aircraft , or a drag racer ), or to provide stability ...
- Chute, Wiltshire: Chute is a civil parish in Wiltshire , England . It includes the main village of Upper Chute and the smaller settlements of Lower Chute ...
- Chute (racecourse): In horse racing , the term chute refers to an extended path increasing the length of a straight portion of a racecourse, particularly an ...
- Trevor Chute: Major-General Sir Trevor Chute KCB , July 31, 1816–March 12, 1886 (age 69), was an Irish soldier in the British army , whose six week ...
Words and phrases related to 'Chute'
Chute Sample Sentences in News
- WIRED Magazine and Federated Media Founder, John Battelle, Joins Chute’s Board of Directors
Chute Introduces the Visual Content Engine for Brands (PRWeb July 30, 2014) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/07/prweb12057835.htm Read more on this news related to 'Chute'
- Paedophile 'Dolly' Dunn dobbed in Kostka Chute to protect himself, lawyer claims
Australia's most infamous paedophile, Robert ''Dolly'' Dunn✓, dobbed in Brother Kostka (John) Chute✓ for child abuse while both men were teaching at a Marist Brothers school in Sydney in 1972, a sex abuse victim has claimed. Read more on this news related to 'Chute'
- Marist Brothers sex abuse compensation bill expected to rise
The Marist Brothers may have to pay hundreds of thousands of dollars in additional damages to victims of serial paedophile and former Marist College Canberra teacher Kostka (John) Chute. Read more on this news related to 'Chute'