Chronic Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- being long-lasting and recurrent or characterized by long suffering; "chronic indigestion"; "a chronic shortage of funds"; "a chronic invalid"
- having a habit of long standing; "a chronic smoker"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Chronic'?
Chronic Meaning and Definition in Wikipedia
In medicine a chronic disease or condition is one that takes a long time to heal (or go away), or one that comes again. Many chronic diseases require special treatment, as this has to be done for a long time.Chronic disease can even last for a lifetime.
Words and phrases related to 'Chronic'
'Chronic' example sentence in quotations
Click here for more related quotations on 'Chronic'
Chronic Sample Sentences in News
- How to manage a chronic condition in the workplace
Having a chronic condition can be painful and limiting, not to mention extremely pricey. That expense only gets worse if you lose your job— and possibly your health insurance— as a result of your condition. Read more on this news related to 'Chronic'
- Canadians with Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease lack confidence with inhaler: 6 in 10 report challenges
COMBIVENT ® Respimat ® and SPIRIVA ® Respimat ® Inhalers, the first in a new class of inhalers now approved in Canada , aim to address challenges In a recent survey of COPD patients who use an inhaler, ... Read more on this news related to 'Chronic'
- Novartis announces FDA approval for JadenuTM to simplify treatment administration for patients with chronic iron ...
Jadenu (deferasirox), a new formulation of Exjade (deferasirox), is the only once-daily oral tablet for iron chelation Jadenu, taken with or without food, simplifies daily treatment administration for ... Read more on this news related to 'Chronic'