Chronic Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- being long-lasting and recurrent or characterized by long suffering; "chronic indigestion"; "a chronic shortage of funds"; "a chronic invalid"
- having a habit of long standing; "a chronic smoker"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Chronic'?
Chronic Meaning and Definition in Wikipedia
In medicine a chronic disease or condition is one that takes a long time to heal (or go away), or one that comes again. Many chronic diseases require special treatment, as this has to be done for a long time.Chronic disease can even last for a lifetime.
Words and phrases related to 'Chronic'
'Chronic' example sentence in quotations
Click here for more related quotations on 'Chronic'
Chronic Sample Sentences in News
- Immune System Changes Tied to Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
Title: Immune System Changes Tied to Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Category: Health News Created: 2/27/2015 12:00:00 AM Last Editorial Review: 3/2/2015 12:00:00 AM Read more on this news related to 'Chronic'
- What's Missing From the IOM Report About Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
The Institute of Medicine released their consensus report on myalgic encephalomyelitis/chronic fatigue syndrome, "Beyond Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: Redefining an Illness," on Feb. 10. This report was prepared by the Committee on the Diagnostic Criteria for Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome in response to a reques Read more on this news related to 'Chronic'
- Unipathic Medicine Reveals Better Treatment for Chronic Lyme Disease
Patients all over the US are suffering from Lyme disease because they are not getting the right comprehensive treatment. The people that suffer the most are the ones who have had the Lyme disease infection ... Read more on this news related to 'Chronic'