Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Choppy'
Choppy Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- Choppy \Chop"py\, a. [Cf. Chappy.]
- Full of cracks. ``Choppy finger.'' --Shak.
- [Cf. Chop a change.] Rough, with short, tumultuous waves; as, a choppy sea.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Choppy'
- Choppy: Choppy may refer to: Choppy scene , a film-making term. Adams-Wilson Choppy , an American home-built helicopter design ...
- Choppy Warburton: James Edward 'Choppy' Warburton (born 13 November 1845 – 18 December 1897) was an English record-breaking runner and a cycling coach. ...
- Baeden Choppy: Baeden Ty Choppy (born 14 April 1976 in Mackay, Queensland ) is a former field hockey striker from Australia , who was a member of the ...
Words and phrases related to 'Choppy'
Choppy Sample Sentences in News
- Market Snapshot: U.S. stocks end choppy day down
The U.S. stock market finishes a choppy trading day on Wednesday generally lower with blue-chips falling the most, as investors reacted mildly to mostly disappointing economic reports. Read more on this news related to 'Choppy'
- C$ firms in choppy action after Bank of Canada statement
TORONTO (Reuters) - The Canadian dollar briefly pared some of its advance against the greenback on Wednesday before regaining ground in choppy trade after the Bank of Canada continued to express concerns about weak inflation. The central bank left interest rates unchanged at 1 percent, though it repeated that its next move on rates could be either up or down. The Read more on this news related to 'Choppy'
- Markets choppy amid concerns over China and the US
LONDON (AP) — Markets were choppy Wednesday amid ongoing concerns over the Chinese economy and signs that the U.S. recovery may be losing some steam. Read more on this news related to 'Choppy'