Chevy Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- annoy continually or chronically; "He is known to harry his staff when he is overworked"; "This man harasses his female co-workers"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Chevy'?
Chevy Meaning and Definition in Wikipedia
Chevrolet, also known as Chevy, is an automobile manufacturing company owned by General Motors. Chevrolet is known for producing popular, affordable cars. Chevrolet produces the Corvette, one of the most famous sportscars in the world.
Chevrolet was created in 1911 by Louis Chevrolet and William Durant. Louis was a race car driver, and William created General Motors. Chevrolet started using its "bow tie" logo in 1913. It could have come from a wallpaper Durant saw in a hotel. It could also be a version of the cross on the Swiss flag. Louis Chevrolet was born in Switzerland.
In 1917, Chevrolet combined with General Motors.
Meaning of the Name 'Chevy'
- Meaning: Horseman: knight. An abbreviation of Chevalier. Actor-comedian Chevy Chase.
- Origin: French
- Gender: Male
Chevy Sample Sentences in News
- 2015 Chevy Colorado and 2015 GMC Canyon Review by Larry Nutson
There are about 12.5 million mid-size pickup trucks on the road today. Last year total sales in this segment were around 250,000 units. That’s not a big sales segment. Back in the late 90s Ford alone sold 350,000 compact pickups. Read more on this news related to 'Chevy'
- Field hockey: Bethesda-Chevy Chase tops No. 5 Wootton in double overtime
FIELD HOCKEY | Bethesda Chevy-Chase beat host Wootton in the fog, 3-2, on a goal from junior forward Katie Vicenzi in the second overtime. Read more on this news related to 'Chevy'
- House of the Week | Chevy Chase, Md., home for $1.96M
Built in 1953, it is the former home of C. Leo DeOrsey, Washington Redskins president and business adviser for the Mercury 7 astronauts. Read more on this news related to 'Chevy'