Chalky Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- having the color of chalk; "she turned chalky white"
- composed of or containing or resembling calcium carbonate or calcite or chalk
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Chalky'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Chalky'
- Chalky: Chalky was TV chef Rick Stein 's rough-haired Jack Russell Terrier dog , who regularly accompanied Stein when filming his popular cookery ...
- Chalky Wright: Albert "Chalky" Wright (February 10, 1912 – August 12, 1957) was a black American featherweight boxer who fought from 1928 to 1948. ...
- Chalky Island: Chalky Island may refer to: Chalky Island (New Zealand) Chalky Island (Tasmania) Little Chalky Island , Tasmania-
- Chalky paper: Chalky paper is a philatelic term for a type of paper coated with a chalky solution for security purposes The postmark cannot be removed ...
- Chalky Mount potteries: Chalky Mount is a rugged picturesque range of hill s in Saint Andrew, Barbados , forming a jagged profile against the horizon when viewed ...
- Chalky Island (Tasmania): Chalky Island is an island with an area of 41 ha , in south-eastern Australia . It is part of Tasmania ’s Big Green Island Group, lying in ...
- Chalky Mount, Saint Andrew, Barbados: Chalky Mount is a village in the parish of Saint Andrew in Barbados . 13 | 14 | N | 59 | 33 | W | display title | region:BB_type:mountain_ ...
- Little Chalky Island: Little Chalky Island is a small, flat, granite island with an area of 5 ha , in south-eastern Australia . part of the Chalky, Big Green ...
- Chalky Island, New Zealand: Chalky Island is a 514 | ha | acre | 0 island in the southwest of New Zealand , and is part of Fiordland National Park . entrance to Chalky ...
Words and phrases related to 'Chalky'
Chalky Sample Sentences in News
- Plankton DNA sequencing uncovers secrets of white cliffs of Dover
Washington, June 14 (ANI): Researchers in a major international project have sequenced the genome of Emiliania huxleyi, the microscopic plankton species whose chalky skeletons form the iconic white cliffs of Dover. Read more on this news related to 'Chalky'
- DNA sequencing uncovers secrets of white cliffs of Dover
( University of Exeter ) The University of Exeter recently contributed to a major international project to sequence the genome of Emiliania huxleyi, the microscopic plankton species whose chalky skeletons form the iconic white cliffs of Dover. The results of the project are published this week in the journal Nature. Read more on this news related to 'Chalky'
- ‘I’m happy’: Kris Humphries is totally over Kim Kardashian, everyone
Kris Humphries looks at the chalky pot where he and Kim Kardashian’s matching his ‘n’ hers toothbrushes used to sit together. “I’m over it,” he says. He microwaves a lasagna for one and eats it from the fine china gifted... Read more on this news related to 'Chalky'