Celebratory Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- used for celebrating
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Celebratory'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Celebratory'
- Celebratory gunfire: Celebratory gunfire (also called aerial firing or happy fire) is the shooting of a firearm into the air in celebration. It is culturally accepted in parts
- Celebratory lighting: Celebratory lighting (also termed festive lighting) is the use of lighting for decorative, celebratory or recreational purposes in connection with a specific
Celebratory Sample Sentences in News
- Lebanon mulls crackdown on celebratory gunfire
BEIRUT (AP) — Lebanese politicians have denounced the rash of celebratory gunfire during a speech by the leader of the militant group Hezbollah and called for the prosecution of those responsible. Read more on this news related to 'Celebratory'
- Football: Iraq captain urges end to celebratory fire
BAGHDAD - The captain of Iraq's football team Sunday urged fans to refrain from shooting in the air after celebratory gunfire reportedly wounded dozens following a victory against Iran. Younis Mahmoud made his appeal in a video message he recorded from Australia and posted on Facebook on the eve of Iraq's Asian Cup semi-final clash with South Korea. " Read more on this news related to 'Celebratory'
- Hopes of Return Muted in Devastated Syrian Kurdish Town
Celebratory gunfire in Kobani. After months of daily air strikes by U.S.-led forces and fierce clashes between Kurdish fighters and Islamic State, some residents are beginning to venture into the town's war-torn streets. Kurdish forces said this week that they had taken full control of the town, which sits near the Turkish border. But refugees from Kobani shel Read more on this news related to 'Celebratory'