Categorical Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- not modified or restricted by reservations; "a categorical denial"; "a flat refusal"
- relating to or included in a category
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Categorical'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Categorical'
- Categorical: Categorical may refer to: Categorical imperative, a concept in philosophy developed by Immanuel Kant Morley's categoricity theorem, a mathematical theorem
- Categorical variable: In statistics, a categorical variable is a variable that can take on one of a limited, and usually fixed, number of possible values, thus assigning each
- Omega-categorical theory: omega-categorical theory is a theory that has only one countable model up to isomorphism. Omega-categoricity is the special case κ = = ω of κ-categoricity
- List of analyses of categorical data: analysis of categorical data, also known as data on the nominal scale and as categorical variables Bowker's test of symmetry Categorical distribution
- Categorical imperative: The categorical imperative (German: kategorischer Imperativ) is the central philosophical concept in the deontological moral philosophy of Immanuel Kant
- Categorical logic: There are three important themes in the categorical approach to logic: Categorical semantics Categorical logic introduces the notion of structure valued
- Categorical distribution: In probability theory and statistics, a categorical distribution (also called a "generalized Bernoulli distribution" or, less precisely, a "discrete distribution")
- Recursive categorical syntax: Recursive categorical syntax, also sometimes called algebraic syntax, is an algebraic theory of syntax developed by Michael Brame as an alternative to
Words and phrases related to 'Categorical'
Categorical Sample Sentences in News
- IBM dismisses Forbes report of massive layoffs
IBM did not issue a categorical denial of the report, but strongly suggested it was inaccurate saying, "IBM does not comment on rumors, even ridiculous or baseless ones." Read more on this news related to 'Categorical'
- Aquino defends ops, won’t take responsibility for cops’ deaths
Philippine President Benigno Aquino III admitted knowing that police commandos were planning an operation in a Muslim rebels-controlled area to hunt down high-level Malaysian terrorists, but dodged questions when journalists asked him to give a categorical “yes” or “no” if he gave a go signal for the date and manner ... Read more on this news related to 'Categorical'
- Categorical imperatives
It’s easy to sing the praises of films like “Birdman,” “Boyhood” and “Whiplash” — fine films, all — but some of the year’s best films will likely languish unseen in your online streaming queue unless they get a little bump. Consider this that bump. Read more on this news related to 'Categorical'