Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Categorical'
Categorical Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- relating to or included in a category
- not modified or restricted by reservations; "a categorical denial"; "a flat refusal" [syn: categoric, flat, unconditional]
- Categorical \Cat`e*gor"ic*al\, a.
- Of or pertaining to a category.
- Not hypothetical or relative; admitting no conditions or exceptions; declarative; absolute; positive; express; as, a categorical proposition, or answer. The scriptures by a multitude of categorical and intelligible decisions . . . distinguish between the things seen and temporal and those that are unseen and eternal. --I. Taylor.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Categorical'
- Categorical: Categorical imperative Morley's categoricity theorem Categorical data analysis. Categorical distribution Categorical logic Categorical ...
- Categorical imperative: The categorical imperative is the central philosophical concept in the moral philosophy of Immanuel Kant , as well as modern ...
- Categorical logic: NOTOC_Categorical logic is a branch of category theory within mathematics , adjacent to mathematical logic but more notable for its ...
- Categorical data: In statistics , categorical data is that part of an observed dataset that consists of categorical variable s, or for data that has been ...
- Categorical distribution: In probability theory and statistics , a categorical distribution (occasionally termed the "discrete distribution",date October 2010 which ...
- Categorical proposition: A categorical proposition contains two categorical terms, the subject and the predicate and affirms or denies the latter of the former http ...
Words and phrases related to 'Categorical'