Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Catchy'
Catchy Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- having concealed difficulty; "a catchy question"; "a tricky recipe to follow" [syn: tricky]
- likely to attract attention; "a catchy title for a movie" [syn: attention-getting] [also: catchiest, catchier]
- Catchy \Catch"y\, a.
- Apt or tending to catch the fancy or attention; catching; taking; as, catchy music.
- Tending to catch or insnare; entangling; -- usually used fig.; as, a catchy question.
- Consisting of, or occuring in, disconnected parts or snatches; changeable; as, a catchy wind. It [the fox's scent] is . . . flighty or catchy, if variable. --Encyc. of Sport.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Catchy'
- Catchy Shubby Cricket: Catchy Shubby Cricket is a variation of cricket that was invented in Jamaica . It is a faster moving version of cricket in which the roles ...
Words and phrases related to 'Catchy'
Catchy Sample Sentences in News
- Hilary Duff's Comeback Single ''Chasing the Sun'' Leaks—Listen to the Catchy Song Now!
It's finally here! After taking several years off from the music scene, Hilary Duff's highly anticipated comeback single "Chasing the Sun" has just made its way onto the... Read more on this news related to 'Catchy'
- Weezer Gets Nostalgic on Catchy New Song 'Back to the Shack': Listen
Weezer has been hyping its forthcoming ninth studio album as a return to form effort, so it's no surprise that the lead single is a catchy ode to the... Read more on this news related to 'Catchy'
- Madison King Releases "Onward & Upward" Abundant with Catchy, Heartfelt and Meaningful Songs
Madison King releases "Onward & Upward" abundant with catchy, heartfelt and meaningful songs. King created an array of radio-friendly songs for this release, with no lack of substance or sincerity, and a hint of hopeful optimism peeking through even the most sorrowful song. (PRWeb July 24, 2014) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/Madiso Read more on this news related to 'Catchy'