Catch-22 Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Catch-22'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Catch-22'
- Catch-22: For other uses, see Catch-22 (disambiguation). Catch-22 is a satirical novel by the American author Joseph Heller. He began writing it in 1953; the novel
- Catch-22 (disambiguation): disorder also known as CATCH-22 Catch 22 (band), a ska-punk band from New Jersey Catch22 (charity), a UK young people's charity Catch-22 (film), the 1970 film
- Catch-22 (Lost): "Catch-22" is the 17th episode of the third season of Lost, and the 66th episode overall. It was aired in the United States on April 18, 2007 on ABC. The
- List of Catch-22 characters: Catch-22 by Joseph Heller. Yossarian Further information: Yossarian Captain John Yossarian is a fictional character in Joseph Heller's novel Catch-22
- Catch-22 (logic): A catch-22 is a paradoxical situation from which an individual cannot escape because of contradictory rules. Catch-22s often result from rules, regulations
- Catch-22 (play): Catch-22 is a satirical, historical fiction, theatre production by the American author Joseph Heller, first produced in 1971 and based on his novel of
- Catch-22 (film): Catch-22 is a 1970 film adaptation of the novel of the same name by Joseph Heller. In creating a black comedy revolving around the "lunatic characters"
Catch-22 Sample Sentences in News
- In a Catch-22, This App Rewards People for Setting Down Their Phones
A trio of Singaporean entrepreneurs just won $30,000 in funding for an app called Apple Tree, which is designed to encourage face-to-face interaction. Read more on this news related to 'Catch-22'
- Joseph Hellers lost musical comedy unearthed at Yale university
Catch-22 author erased 1962 musical Howe & Hummel from history; only two copies of his stiletto-sharp script survive today It goes unmentioned in his autobiography and has been overlooked by his biographers. But now an academic from Durham university has shone a spotlight on a moment in his career that Joseph Heller tried to gloss over: the script the Catch-22 aut Read more on this news related to 'Catch-22'
- Mike Nichols — Losing one of the Greatest Directors Ever
Earlier this year I met Alan Arkin, and one of the things I told him is that I liked Catch-22, despite the bad reviews it got (he wasn’t as fond of the film). I never got a chance to tell filmmaker Mike Nichols that, and I woke up this morning to find out he had […] Read more on this news related to 'Catch-22'