Catawba Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- the Siouan language spoken by the Catawba people
- slip-skin reddish American table grape
- a member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Carolinas
Definitions from Wiktionary
- a member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Carolinas ,
- slipskin grape; a reddish American table grape ,
- the Siouan language spoken by the Catawba
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Catawba'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Catawba'
- Catawba: Catawba may refer to several things: Catawba people, a Native American tribe in the Carolinas Catawban languages Catalpa, a genus of trees, based on the
- Catawba Island Township, Ottawa County, Ohio: Catawba Island Township is one of the twelve townships of Ottawa County, Ohio, United States. The 2000 census found 3,157 people in the township. Aside
- Catawba College: Catawba College is a private, coeducational liberal arts college in Salisbury, North Carolina, USA. Founded in 1851 by the North Carolina Classis of the
- Catawba, Wisconsin: Catawba is a village in Price County, Wisconsin, United States. The population was 110 at the 2010 census. The village is located within the Town of Catawba
- Catawba people: "Catawba Indians" redirects here. For the sports teams, see Catawba College § Athletics. "Esaw" redirects here. For the person, see Esau. For other uses
- Catawba (town), Wisconsin: Catawba is a town in Price County, Wisconsin, United States. The population was 283 at the 2000 census. The Village of Catawba is located within the town
- Catawba language: Catawba is one of two Eastern Siouan languages of the eastern US, which together with the Western Siouan languages formed the Siouan language family.
- Catawba Nuclear Station: The Catawba Nuclear Station is a nuclear power plant located on a 391-acre (158 ha) peninsula, called "Concord Peninsula", that reaches out into Lake
- Catawba (grape): Catawba is a red American grape variety used for wine as well as juice, jams and jellies. The grape can have a pronounced musky or "foxy" flavor. Grown
- Catawba, Virginia: Catawba is an unincorporated community in the northern section of Roanoke County, Virginia, United States. Catawba occupies the Catawba Valley bound on
Catawba Sample Sentences in News
- Former clerk offers to pay back Catawba for job failure
Catawba council member and his wife have pledged to donate $1,200 toward penalties the village incurred from her failure to perform fiscal officer duties before resigning last year. The council met in executive session Thursday to discuss Matt and Amanda Warner’s offer of payment, but came to the consensus that no action was needed if they wanted to make a donat Read more on this news related to 'Catawba'
- Deputies looking for woman accused of selling meth across from college campus
The girlfriend of a former custodian at Catawba College who is now facing serious drug charges is on the run, according to authorities. Read more on this news related to 'Catawba'
- Catawba County teen pleads guilty in stabbing death
A Catawba County teen pleaded guilty to voluntary manslaughter Monday in connection with a stabbing death on Jan. 1 during Catawba County Superior Court, according to a news release. Christopher Daniel Mackey, 18, of Hickory was sentenced to four to six years of prison time for the death of Phillip White. Mackey was involved in a physical altercation at a New Year Read more on this news related to 'Catawba'