Catawba Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- the Siouan language spoken by the Catawba people
- slip-skin reddish American table grape
- a member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Carolinas
Definitions from Wiktionary
- a member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Carolinas ,
- slipskin grape; a reddish American table grape ,
- the Siouan language spoken by the Catawba
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Catawba'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Catawba'
- Catawba: Catawba may refer to several things: Catawba people, a Native American tribe in the Carolinas Catawban languages Catalpa, a genus of trees, based on the
- Catawba Island Township, Ottawa County, Ohio: Catawba Island Township is one of the twelve townships of Ottawa County, Ohio, United States. The 2000 census found 3,157 people in the township. Aside
- Catawba College: Catawba College is a private, coeducational liberal arts college in Salisbury, North Carolina, USA. Founded in 1851 by the North Carolina Classis of the
- Catawba, Wisconsin: Catawba is a village in Price County, Wisconsin, United States. The population was 110 at the 2010 census. The village is located within the Town of Catawba
- Catawba people: "Catawba Indians" redirects here. For the sports teams, see Catawba College § Athletics. "Esaw" redirects here. For the person, see Esau. For other uses
- Catawba (town), Wisconsin: Catawba is a town in Price County, Wisconsin, United States. The population was 283 at the 2000 census. The Village of Catawba is located within the town
- Catawba language: Catawba is one of two Eastern Siouan languages of the eastern US, which together with the Western Siouan languages formed the Siouan language family.
- Catawba Nuclear Station: The Catawba Nuclear Station is a nuclear power plant located on a 391-acre (158 ha) peninsula, called "Concord Peninsula", that reaches out into Lake
- Catawba, Virginia: Catawba is an unincorporated community in the northern section of Roanoke County, Virginia, United States. Catawba occupies the Catawba Valley bound on
- Catawba (grape): Catawba is a red American grape variety used for wine as well as juice, jams and jellies. The grape can have a pronounced musky or "foxy" flavor. Grown
Catawba Sample Sentences in News
- Catawba student's research off Virginia coast ends up taking him to Spain
The research that Catawba College senior Logan Ellis of Julian, N.C., completed last summer off the coast of Virginia carried him across the Atlantic Ocean to Spain in February of 2015. Read more on this news related to 'Catawba'
- Catawba opens Asheville brewery Friday
Catawba's long planned Asheville brewery debuts Friday on the South Slope Read more on this news related to 'Catawba'
- Catawba College professor honored as "Educator Of The Year"
From Catawba College: Dr. Jim Hand, an associate professor chair of Sport Health Sciences at Catawba College, was honored with the North Carolina Athletic Trainers' Association's (NCATA) “Educator of the Year” award for 2015. Read more on this news related to 'Catawba'