Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Castalian'
Castalian Meaning and Definition from Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary (1913)
- Castalian \Cas*ta"li*an\, a. [L. Castalius]
Of or pertaining to Castalia, a mythical fountain of
inspiration on Mt. Parnassus sacred to the Muses. --Milton.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Castalian'
- Castalian Band: The Castalian Band was a group of Scottish Jacobean poets, or makars , which flourished between the 1580s and early 1590s in the court of ...
- Castalian Spring: The Castalian Spring, in the ravine between the Phaedriades at Delphi , is where all visitors to Delphi — the contestants in the Pythian ...
- Castalian Springs, Tennessee: Castalian Springs is an unincorporated community in Sumner County , Tennessee , United States . It is located along Tennessee State Route ...
Words and phrases related to 'Castalian'
Castalian Sample Sentences in News
- Update: Victims killed in Hartsville Pike crash were Castalian Springs siblings
The names of the two people killed in a four-car crash on Hartsville Pike in Gallatin Saturday were identified by police as brother and sister Kyle and Amy Shrum, both Castalian Springs residents. Read more on this news related to 'Castalian'