Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Carnage'
Carnage Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
n : the savage and excessive killing of many people [syn: slaughter,
massacre, mass murder, butchery]
- Carnage \Car"nage\, n. [F. carnage, LL. carnaticum tribute of
animals, flesh of animals, fr. L. caro, carnis, flesh. See
- Flesh of slain animals or men. A miltitude of dogs came to feast on the carnage. --Macaulay.
- Great destruction of life, as in battle; bloodshed; slaughter; massacre; murder; havoc. The more fearful carnage of the Bloody Circuit. --Macaulay.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Carnage'
- Carnage: Carnage may refer to: Gory death. Post battle foliage destruction in northern Ireland during the 18th century. OR. In Fiction. Carnage (comics), a ...
- Carnage (comics): Carnage (Cletus Kasady) is a fiction al character , a supervillain in the . The character first appears in The Amazing Spider-Man 344 ...
- Carnage (band): Carnage was a Swedish death metal band whose members later went on to found Dismember and Arch Enemy . The band was formed by Michael ...
- Venom Returns/Carnage: "Venom Returns" and "Carnage" are the tenth and eleventh episodes from the third season of the Spider-Man animated series, also marking the ...
- Carnage (film): Carnage (Carnages) is a 2002 French drama film directed by Delphine Gleize . It was screened in the Un Certain Regard section at the ...
- Carnage (album): Carnage is the debut full-length album by the Chicago -based thrash /sludge metal band Lair of the Minotaur . The album was released in ...
- Cephalic Carnage: Cephalic Carnage is an American grindcore band formed in 1992 in Denver, Colorado . The band comprises vocalist Lenzig Leal, guitarists ...
- God of Carnage: God of Carnage (originally Le Dieu du Carnage) is a play by Yasmina Reza , first directed by Jürgen Gosch and performed in Zürich on 8 ...
- Maximum Carnage: "Maximum Carnage" is a fourteen-part comic book crossover published in Marvel Comics 's Spider-Man family of titles in 1993 . ...
Words and phrases related to 'Carnage'
Carnage Sample Sentences in News
- Hollande: French intervention in CAR necessary to avoid 'carnage'
French President Francois Hollande said outside military intervention is necessary to avoid "carnage" from the sectarian conflict in the Central African Republic, reports said early Wednesday. Read more on this news related to 'Carnage'
- Sean Carnage, Icon of the L.A. Music Scene, Ends Weekly Show
Sean “Carnage” Carney, the iconic independent promoter whose weekly shows at Pehrspace in Historic Filipinotown have introduced many of L.A.’s most important experimental bands, is ending his weekly show. [ more › ] Read more on this news related to 'Carnage'
- François Hollande : « Une mission nécessaire pour éviter un carnage »
La mission de la France en Centrafrique est dangereuse, mais nécessaire pour éviter un carnage, a déclaré, hier soir, le président français François Hollande au cours d'une brève visite à Bangui où il s'est recueilli devant la dépouille des deux soldats tués la veille. Read more on this news related to 'Carnage'