Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Carnage'
Carnage Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
n : the savage and excessive killing of many people [syn: slaughter,
massacre, mass murder, butchery]
- Carnage \Car"nage\, n. [F. carnage, LL. carnaticum tribute of
animals, flesh of animals, fr. L. caro, carnis, flesh. See
- Flesh of slain animals or men. A miltitude of dogs came to feast on the carnage. --Macaulay.
- Great destruction of life, as in battle; bloodshed; slaughter; massacre; murder; havoc. The more fearful carnage of the Bloody Circuit. --Macaulay.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Carnage'
- Carnage: Carnage may refer to: Gory death. Post battle foliage destruction in northern Ireland during the 18th century. OR. In Fiction. Carnage (comics), a ...
- Carnage (comics): Carnage (Cletus Kasady) is a fiction al character , a supervillain in the . The character first appears in The Amazing Spider-Man 344 ...
- Carnage (band): Carnage was a Swedish death metal band whose members later went on to found Dismember and Arch Enemy . The band was formed by Michael ...
- Venom Returns/Carnage: "Venom Returns" and "Carnage" are the tenth and eleventh episodes from the third season of the Spider-Man animated series, also marking the ...
- Carnage (film): Carnage (Carnages) is a 2002 French drama film directed by Delphine Gleize . It was screened in the Un Certain Regard section at the ...
- Carnage (album): Carnage is the debut full-length album by the Chicago -based thrash /sludge metal band Lair of the Minotaur . The album was released in ...
- Cephalic Carnage: Cephalic Carnage is an American grindcore band formed in 1992 in Denver, Colorado . The band comprises vocalist Lenzig Leal, guitarists ...
- God of Carnage: God of Carnage (originally Le Dieu du Carnage) is a play by Yasmina Reza , first directed by Jürgen Gosch and performed in Zürich on 8 ...
- Maximum Carnage: "Maximum Carnage" is a fourteen-part comic book crossover published in Marvel Comics 's Spider-Man family of titles in 1993 . ...
Words and phrases related to 'Carnage'
Carnage Sample Sentences in News
- 2013 US Open round two and the carnage continues
THE CARNAGE continues at the 2013 US Open with only joint leaders Phil Mickelson and Billy Horschel under par after the second days play. Read more on this news related to 'Carnage'
- 10 die in another day of carnage in Iraq
Ten people have been killed and several others wounded in two bomb attacks in Iraq, police and medical sources say. Read more on this news related to 'Carnage'
- Despite EM Carnage, Poland ETFs Shine Bright
It has been a dismal four-week stretch for emerging markets ETFs. That much is highlighted by roughly 9% declines over the past month for the Vanguard FTSE Emerging Markets ETF (NYSEArca: VWO) and the ... Read more on this news related to 'Carnage'