Capitalize Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- convert (a company''s reserve funds) into capital
- consider expenditures as capital assets rather than expenses
- compute the present value of a business or an income
- write in capital letters
- draw advantages from; "he is capitalizing on her mistake"; "she took advantage of his absence to meet her lover"
- supply with capital, as of a business by using a combination of capital used by investors and debt capital provided by lenders
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Capitalize'?
Capitalize Meaning and Definition in Wikipedia
Capitalise (British spelling) or capitalize (North American spelling) means to make one or more letters upper case. The first letter of a sentence is capitalised in many languages, as are the first letters of proper nouns such as names of people and places. In German, however, all nouns are capitalized. It is the only language to do that.
The homonym capitalize is a different word, and means "to fully fund as an investment".
Words and phrases related to 'Capitalize'