Capitalize Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- convert (a company''s reserve funds) into capital
- consider expenditures as capital assets rather than expenses
- compute the present value of a business or an income
- write in capital letters
- draw advantages from; "he is capitalizing on her mistake"; "she took advantage of his absence to meet her lover"
- supply with capital, as of a business by using a combination of capital used by investors and debt capital provided by lenders
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Capitalize'?
Capitalize Meaning and Definition in Wikipedia
Capitalise (British spelling) or capitalize (North American spelling) means to make one or more letters upper case. The first letter of a sentence is capitalised in many languages, as are the first letters of proper nouns such as names of people and places. In German, however, all nouns are capitalized. It is the only language to do that.
The homonym capitalize is a different word, and means "to fully fund as an investment".
Words and phrases related to 'Capitalize'
Capitalize Sample Sentences in News
- Outstanding Investor Digest Partners with Capitalize for Kids
One of the world's most respected investment publications, Outstanding Investor Digest, has partnered with Capitalize for Kids to further build a community of investors that 'do well by doing good'. Read more on this news related to 'Capitalize'
- Lions capitalize on Saints mistakes, beat New Orleans 24-23
The Saints gift-wrapped the Lions this game with costly turnovers and a lack of execution. Read more on this news related to 'Capitalize'
- Kony Helps Enterprises Capitalize on the Mobile App Explosion
Kony, Inc., the leading enterprise mobility company, today announced new mobile app solutions to empower businesses to become a mobile-time enterprise and capitalize on the explosive growth of enterprise mobile apps. Read more on this news related to 'Capitalize'