Capitalize Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- convert (a company''s reserve funds) into capital
- consider expenditures as capital assets rather than expenses
- compute the present value of a business or an income
- write in capital letters
- draw advantages from; "he is capitalizing on her mistake"; "she took advantage of his absence to meet her lover"
- supply with capital, as of a business by using a combination of capital used by investors and debt capital provided by lenders
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Capitalize'?
Capitalize Meaning and Definition in Wikipedia
Capitalise (British spelling) or capitalize (North American spelling) means to make one or more letters upper case. The first letter of a sentence is capitalised in many languages, as are the first letters of proper nouns such as names of people and places. In German, however, all nouns are capitalized. It is the only language to do that.
The homonym capitalize is a different word, and means "to fully fund as an investment".
Words and phrases related to 'Capitalize'
Capitalize Sample Sentences in News
- Glaxo Considers ViiV IPO to Capitalize on HIV-Drug Sales
GlaxoSmithKline Plc (GSK) is exploring an initial public offering for its Viiv Healthcare Ltd. subsidiary to capitalize on the unit’s soaring sales of HIV drugs even as revenue for the parent company declines. Read more on this news related to 'Capitalize'
- Wall Street ETF Benefits From Heightened Volatility, Cheaper Valuations
Investors can capitalize on the heightened volatility and increased trading activity through the broker-dealer-related exchange traded fund, and the recent sell-off has provided a cheap entry point into ... Read more on this news related to 'Capitalize'
- MobileForce(TM) Software Launches New Partner Program to Capitalize on Business Opportunities and Fuel Partner ...
MobileForce™ Software Inc., a leading provider of cloud-based enterprise mobile application solutions, today announced the launch of its MobileForce Partner Network . This program is designed to simplify ... Read more on this news related to 'Capitalize'