Calisthenics Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- light exercise designed to promote general fitness
Definitions from Wiktionary
- the practice of calisthenic exercises; "calisthenics is recommended for general good health" ,
- light exercises designed to promote general fitness; "several different calisthenics were illustrated in the video"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Calisthenics'?
Calisthenics Meaning and Definition in Wikipedia
Calisthenics is a series of exercises used to develop strength, power and balance or a repeated rhythmical exercise that uses the weight of the body as resistance or the systematic exercises for attaining strength-gracefulness or the practice of calisthenic exercises.
The name calisthenics is Greek in origin, a combination of the words 'beauty' and 'strength'.
Calisthenics is recommended for general good health, light exercises designed to promote general physical fitness.
Words and phrases related to 'Calisthenics'
Calisthenics Sample Sentences in News
- Mackenzie bucks the odds to shine
Practise, practise, practise is what Mackenzie Bauld says it takes to make it in the competitive world of calisthenics. Read more on this news related to 'Calisthenics'
- Colonels correct mistakes from scrimmage
It was a day of corrections and extra calisthenics for the offense at Nicholls State University's spring football practice on Tuesday. Read more on this news related to 'Calisthenics'
- Fraternity pledge could lose four fingers in hazing incident, Syracuse.com reports
A Nu Alpha Phi fraternity pledge at Syracuse University forced to do calisthenics in the snow could lose four of his fingers, Syracuse.com reports. Police arrested two fraternity members and booked them with misdemeanor first-degree hazing in the case. The... Read more on this news related to 'Calisthenics'