Calisthenics Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- light exercise designed to promote general fitness
Definitions from Wiktionary
- the practice of calisthenic exercises; "calisthenics is recommended for general good health" ,
- light exercises designed to promote general fitness; "several different calisthenics were illustrated in the video"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Calisthenics'?
Calisthenics Meaning and Definition in Wikipedia
Calisthenics is a series of exercises used to develop strength, power and balance or a repeated rhythmical exercise that uses the weight of the body as resistance or the systematic exercises for attaining strength-gracefulness or the practice of calisthenic exercises.
The name calisthenics is Greek in origin, a combination of the words 'beauty' and 'strength'.
Calisthenics is recommended for general good health, light exercises designed to promote general physical fitness.
Words and phrases related to 'Calisthenics'
Calisthenics Sample Sentences in News
- Calisthenics: A new way to acquire the perfect body without going to the gym
Calisthenics are the exercises that involve hitting the various muscle parts in the body without using apparatus! They are intended to increase body strength and flexibility with movements such as bending, jumping, swinging, twisting or kicking, using only one's body weight for resistance. Read more on this news related to 'Calisthenics'
- Lack of 'fire' in loss leaves lasting impression with John Elway
The last impression motivated John Elway's first offseason decision. Elway appreciated the Broncos fourth consecutive AFC title, but it amounted to calisthenics in pursuit of the real goal: a Super Bowl championship. Read more on this news related to 'Calisthenics'
- Mayo Performing Arts Center in Morristown presents Imagio Theatre's 'Frogz,' Feb. 8
Penguins in musical chairs, a cat trapped in a giant paper bag, huge frogs doing calisthenics, larger-than-life alligators taunting the audience-FROGZ features illusion, puppetry, and acrobatics that are goofy and packed with giggles for both adults and children. Imago Theatre's FROGZ comes to Mayo Performing Arts Center in Morristown on Sunday, Feb. 8, at 3 p Read more on this news related to 'Calisthenics'