Calisthenics Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- light exercise designed to promote general fitness
Definitions from Wiktionary
- the practice of calisthenic exercises; "calisthenics is recommended for general good health" ,
- light exercises designed to promote general fitness; "several different calisthenics were illustrated in the video"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Calisthenics'?
Calisthenics Meaning and Definition in Wikipedia
Calisthenics is a series of exercises used to develop strength, power and balance or a repeated rhythmical exercise that uses the weight of the body as resistance or the systematic exercises for attaining strength-gracefulness or the practice of calisthenic exercises.
The name calisthenics is Greek in origin, a combination of the words 'beauty' and 'strength'.
Calisthenics is recommended for general good health, light exercises designed to promote general physical fitness.
Words and phrases related to 'Calisthenics'
Calisthenics Sample Sentences in News
- Calisthenics to take centre stage
THE Royal South Street Eisteddfod moves into its final performance discipline, with calisthenics this Sunday. Read more on this news related to 'Calisthenics'
- Tinies to take centre stage at South Street
Over the next three weeks, the stages at Her Majesty’s Theatre and the Wendouree Performing Arts Centre will play host to almost 30,000 calisthenics performances. Read more on this news related to 'Calisthenics'
- Why Swimming May Be the Best Exercise for Older Adults
Falling down and getting hurt is a big problem for older adults, and researchers think that physical activity may lower people's risk of falls. In contrast, the men who did other forms of exercise — including golfing, doing calisthenics, working out on treadmills or stationary bikes, or playing lawn bowling games (similar to Bocce ball) — were no less like Read more on this news related to 'Calisthenics'