CPS Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- the unit of frequency; one Hertz has a periodic interval of one second
Definitions from Wiktionary
- the unit of frequency; one hertz has a periodic interval of one second
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'CPS'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'CPS'
- CPS: CPS may refer to: Cat Protection Society of NSW, a no-kill cat shelter in Newtown, Sydney Chatswood Public School, a school in Sydney Convention Panafricaine
- AN/CPS-9: The AN/CPS-9 radar, the first radar specifically designed for meteorological use, was produced in the United States around 1949 and unveiled by the Air
- General Electric AN/CPS-6 Radar: The AN/CPS-6 was a medium-range search/height finder Radar used by the United States Air Force Air Defense Command. The AN/CPS-6 was developed during
CPS Sample Sentences in News
- Teachers union, advocates protest and ask CPS to act on costly borrowing
Nearly 50 people gathered at Chicago City Hall on Thursday calling for city and school officials to try to recoup money spent on costly school borrowing deals. Some demonstrators were eventually removed by police. Read more on this news related to 'CPS'
- CPS chief backs the mayor's $13-an-hour minimum wage
The head of Chicago Public Schools is making a political statement supporting Mayor Rahm Emanuel, ahead of February’s municipal elections. CPS CEO Barbara Bryd-Bennett told the Board of Education Wednesday that the district wants to move to a $13-per-hour minimum wage. The statement falls in line with other city agencies , like the Chicago Park District. The bud Read more on this news related to 'CPS'
- Aldermen turn up heat on CPS' bond deals; public jeers school board chief
The Chicago City Council’s Education and Child Development Committee will hold a hearing to examine Chicago Public Schools’ borrowing practices, committee chair Ald. Latasha Thomas said Wednesday. Read more on this news related to 'CPS'