Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Bridging'
Bridging Meaning and Definition from Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary (1913)
- Bridge \Bridge\ (br[i^]j), v. t. [imp. & p. p. Bridged
(br[i^]jd); p. pr. & vb. n. Bridging.]
- To build a bridge or bridges on or over; as, to bridge a river. Their simple engineering bridged with felled trees the streams which could not be forded. --Palfrey.
- To open or make a passage, as by a bridge. Xerxes . . . over Hellespont Bridging his way, Europe with Asia joined. --Milton.
- To find a way of getting over, as a difficulty; -- generally with over.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Bridging'
- Bridging: Bridging can refer to ... The bridging between international training and a country's requisites through a bridge program (higher education) ...
- Bridging (networking): Bridging is a forwarding technique used in packet-switched computer network s. ... Another form of bridging, Source route bridging , was ...
- Bridging ligand: A bridging ligand is a ligand that connects two or more atoms, usually metal ions The ligand may be atomic or polyatomic. serve as bridging ...
- Impedance bridging: In electronics, especially audio and sound recording , a high impedance bridging, voltage bridging, or simply bridging connection is one ...
Words and phrases related to 'Bridging'
Bridging Sample Sentences in News
- Bridging the Gap: A Recipe for Enterprise SEO Success in 2014
SEO entails bridging the gap between the technical needs of search engines and human needs for content. SEO also must bridge many gaps within their organizations if they are to truly be effective and ensure success in 2014 and beyond. Read more on this news related to 'Bridging'
- Acrow Achieves AISC Certification for Advanced Bridge Fabrication
Acrow Bridge, a leading international bridge engineering and supply company, has achieved two important quality assurance certifications in steel bridging. The company recently enhanced its American Institute of Steel Construction certification, and is now certified for advanced bridge fabrication, a newly created category. Read more on this news related to 'Bridging'
- BRIDGING THE FUTURE: Examining the Ohio River Bridges Project impact on New Albany
The sun sets as the Ohio River flows beneath the Sherman Minton Bridge near New Albany. Staff photo by Christopher Fryer Owner Cisa Barry stands inside of her alterations and custom creation shop Sew Fitting in downtown New Albany. Read more on this news related to 'Bridging'