Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Bridging'
Bridging Meaning and Definition from Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary (1913)
- Bridge \Bridge\ (br[i^]j), v. t. [imp. & p. p. Bridged
(br[i^]jd); p. pr. & vb. n. Bridging.]
- To build a bridge or bridges on or over; as, to bridge a river. Their simple engineering bridged with felled trees the streams which could not be forded. --Palfrey.
- To open or make a passage, as by a bridge. Xerxes . . . over Hellespont Bridging his way, Europe with Asia joined. --Milton.
- To find a way of getting over, as a difficulty; -- generally with over.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Bridging'
- Bridging: Bridging can refer to ... The bridging between international training and a country's requisites through a bridge program (higher education) ...
- Bridging (networking): Bridging is a forwarding technique used in packet-switched computer network s. ... Another form of bridging, Source route bridging , was ...
- Bridging ligand: A bridging ligand is a ligand that connects two or more atoms, usually metal ions The ligand may be atomic or polyatomic. serve as bridging ...
- Impedance bridging: In electronics, especially audio and sound recording , a high impedance bridging, voltage bridging, or simply bridging connection is one ...
Words and phrases related to 'Bridging'
Bridging Sample Sentences in News
- Esperanto: A 'bridging' language
Have you ever heard about a “constructed” language? Seems weird, right? Is it like a petty high school project or some thesis which found itself flying into the rubbish bin? Or those spoken with subtitles in Star Trek or in Game of Thrones ... Read more on this news related to 'Bridging'
- Northern bridging on the up
Bridging in the North of England is taking off according to Merseyside-based Bridging Finance Solutions. Read more on this news related to 'Bridging'
- £100m funding line for Capital Bridging Finance
Capital Bridging Finance has had an existing funding line with a major high street bank renewed and doubled to £100m. Read more on this news related to 'Bridging'