Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Bouncing'
Bouncing Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- vigorously healthy; "a bouncing baby"
- marked by lively action; "a bouncing gait"; "bouncy tunes"; "the peppy and interesting talk"; "a spirited dance" [syn: bouncy, peppy, spirited, zippy] n : rebounding from an impact (or series of impacts) [syn: bounce]
- Bounce \Bounce\, v. i. [imp. & p. p. Bounced; p. pr. & vb. n.
Bouncing.] [OE. bunsen; cf. D. bonzen to strike, bounce,
bons blow, LG. bunsen to knock; all prob. of imitative
- To strike or thump, so as to rebound, or to make a sudden noise; a knock loudly. Another bounces as hard as he can knock. --Swift. Against his bosom bounced his heaving heart. --Dryden.
- To leap or spring suddenly or unceremoniously; to bound; as, she bounced into the room. Out bounced the mastiff. --Swift. Bounced off his arm+chair. --Thackeray.
- To boast; to talk big; to bluster. [Obs.]
- Bouncing \Boun"cing\, a.
- Stout; plump and healthy; lusty; buxom. Many tall and bouncing young ladies. --Thackeray.
- Excessive; big. ``A bouncing reckoning.'' --B. & Fl. Bouncing Bet (Bot.), the common soapwort (Saponaria officinalis}). --Harper's Mag.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Bouncing'
- Bouncing bomb: A bouncing bomb is a bomb designed specifically to bounce to a target across water in a calculated manner, in order to avoid obstacles such ...
- The Bouncing Souls: The Bouncing Souls are a punk rock band from New Brunswick , New Jersey, formed in 1987. By the time of their acknowledgment by the ...
- Bouncing ball: The bouncing ball is a device used in film s to visually indicate the rhythm of a song , helping audiences to sing along with live or ...
- Bouncing Boy: As a maintenance man, he once built a specialty vehicle called the "Bouncing Boy" which acted as a bouncing juggernaut , smashing anything ...
- Bouncing Betty: The term Bouncing Betty originally gained widespread use as the Allied soldier's nickname for the S-mine , an especially lethal German ...
- Bouncing Babies: Bouncing Babies is a 1929 Our Gang short comedy film directed by Robert F. McGowan Produced by Hal Roach and released to theaters by ...
Words and phrases related to 'Bouncing'
Bouncing Sample Sentences in News
- Hardy landscapes bouncing back after bleak winter
Now that spring has finally arrived, yardeners and gardeners are surveying the damage to their lawns and landscapes. Be sure to keep the trees and shrubs well watered and mulch them. Read more on this news related to 'Bouncing'
- Jesse Biddle bouncing back in Reading
Five starts in the books and Jesse Biddle's 2014 numbers are respectable: A 2.86 ERA, 1.059 WHIP, 38 SO, and seven walks in 38.1 innings for the second place Fightin' Phils (who are chasing the currently untouchable Portland Sea Dogs, winners of six in a row). Read more on this news related to 'Bouncing'
- Ludia Sends Pako King™: Dreamworks Adventures Bouncing on to Facebook
Ludia today announced the launch of Pako King™: DreamWorks Adventures on the Facebook platform. Pako King™ is a never before seen blend of game favorites like pachinko, pinball and Read more on this news related to 'Bouncing'