Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Bouncing'
Bouncing Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- vigorously healthy; "a bouncing baby"
- marked by lively action; "a bouncing gait"; "bouncy tunes"; "the peppy and interesting talk"; "a spirited dance" [syn: bouncy, peppy, spirited, zippy] n : rebounding from an impact (or series of impacts) [syn: bounce]
- Bounce \Bounce\, v. i. [imp. & p. p. Bounced; p. pr. & vb. n.
Bouncing.] [OE. bunsen; cf. D. bonzen to strike, bounce,
bons blow, LG. bunsen to knock; all prob. of imitative
- To strike or thump, so as to rebound, or to make a sudden noise; a knock loudly. Another bounces as hard as he can knock. --Swift. Against his bosom bounced his heaving heart. --Dryden.
- To leap or spring suddenly or unceremoniously; to bound; as, she bounced into the room. Out bounced the mastiff. --Swift. Bounced off his arm+chair. --Thackeray.
- To boast; to talk big; to bluster. [Obs.]
- Bouncing \Boun"cing\, a.
- Stout; plump and healthy; lusty; buxom. Many tall and bouncing young ladies. --Thackeray.
- Excessive; big. ``A bouncing reckoning.'' --B. & Fl. Bouncing Bet (Bot.), the common soapwort (Saponaria officinalis}). --Harper's Mag.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Bouncing'
- Bouncing bomb: A bouncing bomb is a bomb designed specifically to bounce to a target across water in a calculated manner, in order to avoid obstacles such ...
- The Bouncing Souls: The Bouncing Souls are a punk rock band from New Brunswick , New Jersey, formed in 1987. By the time of their acknowledgment by the ...
- Bouncing ball: The bouncing ball is a device used in film s to visually indicate the rhythm of a song , helping audiences to sing along with live or ...
- Bouncing Boy: As a maintenance man, he once built a specialty vehicle called the "Bouncing Boy" which acted as a bouncing juggernaut , smashing anything ...
- Bouncing Betty: The term Bouncing Betty originally gained widespread use as the Allied soldier's nickname for the S-mine , an especially lethal German ...
- Bouncing Babies: Bouncing Babies is a 1929 Our Gang short comedy film directed by Robert F. McGowan Produced by Hal Roach and released to theaters by ...
Words and phrases related to 'Bouncing'
Bouncing Sample Sentences in News
- Bouncing camera ball could save lives
The Bounce Imaging Explorer is a small black probe about the size of a baseball, fixed with an array of sensors and cameras that can be thrown or dropped into dangerous environments Read more on this news related to 'Bouncing'
- Watch: Made in America Spotlight on Detroit's Bouncing Back
Shinola Watch Co. gives the Swiss some competition with precision watches plus hundreds of jobs. Read more on this news related to 'Bouncing'
- Forex: NZD/USD Technical Analysis – Bouncing at Channel Bottom
Forex: NZD/USD Technical Analysis – Bouncing at Channel Bottom Read more on this news related to 'Bouncing'