Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Bouncing'
Bouncing Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- vigorously healthy; "a bouncing baby"
- marked by lively action; "a bouncing gait"; "bouncy tunes"; "the peppy and interesting talk"; "a spirited dance" [syn: bouncy, peppy, spirited, zippy] n : rebounding from an impact (or series of impacts) [syn: bounce]
- Bounce \Bounce\, v. i. [imp. & p. p. Bounced; p. pr. & vb. n.
Bouncing.] [OE. bunsen; cf. D. bonzen to strike, bounce,
bons blow, LG. bunsen to knock; all prob. of imitative
- To strike or thump, so as to rebound, or to make a sudden noise; a knock loudly. Another bounces as hard as he can knock. --Swift. Against his bosom bounced his heaving heart. --Dryden.
- To leap or spring suddenly or unceremoniously; to bound; as, she bounced into the room. Out bounced the mastiff. --Swift. Bounced off his arm+chair. --Thackeray.
- To boast; to talk big; to bluster. [Obs.]
- Bouncing \Boun"cing\, a.
- Stout; plump and healthy; lusty; buxom. Many tall and bouncing young ladies. --Thackeray.
- Excessive; big. ``A bouncing reckoning.'' --B. & Fl. Bouncing Bet (Bot.), the common soapwort (Saponaria officinalis}). --Harper's Mag.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Bouncing'
- Bouncing bomb: A bouncing bomb is a bomb designed specifically to bounce to a target across water in a calculated manner, in order to avoid obstacles such ...
- The Bouncing Souls: The Bouncing Souls are a punk rock band from New Brunswick , New Jersey, formed in 1987. By the time of their acknowledgment by the ...
- Bouncing ball: The bouncing ball is a device used in film s to visually indicate the rhythm of a song , helping audiences to sing along with live or ...
- Bouncing Boy: As a maintenance man, he once built a specialty vehicle called the "Bouncing Boy" which acted as a bouncing juggernaut , smashing anything ...
- Bouncing Betty: The term Bouncing Betty originally gained widespread use as the Allied soldier's nickname for the S-mine , an especially lethal German ...
- Bouncing Babies: Bouncing Babies is a 1929 Our Gang short comedy film directed by Robert F. McGowan Produced by Hal Roach and released to theaters by ...
Words and phrases related to 'Bouncing'
Bouncing Sample Sentences in News
- India’s Congress party slowly bouncing back after election humiliation
India's oldest political party Congress has slipped into a period of decline after May's general election, but is slowly bouncing back with wins in recent by-elections. Read more on this news related to 'Bouncing'
- Indonesia trade picture brightens after Ramadan slump
Indonesia posted a slim trade surplus in July, bouncing back from a deficit the previous month caused by increased imports before the Islamic holy month of Ramadan and the Eid holiday, data showed on Monday. Suryamin, the head of the official statistics agency, who like many Indonesians goes by one name, said imports surged in June before the start of Ramadan but Read more on this news related to 'Bouncing'
- European shares inch up early; Luxottica drops
European shares rose in early trade on Tuesday, bouncing within a recent tight range as investors await the European Central Bank's policy decision later this week before chasing stocks higher. Shares ... Read more on this news related to 'Bouncing'