Bottleneck Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- a narrowing that reduces the flow through a channel
- become narrow, like a bottleneck; "Right by the bridge, the road bottlenecks"
- slow down or impede by creating an obstruction; "His laziness has bottlenecked our efforts to reform the system"
Definitions from Wiktionary
- a narrowing that reduces the flow through a channel ,
- the narrow part of a bottle near the top
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Bottleneck'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Bottleneck'
- Bottleneck: Bottleneck literally refers to the top narrow part of a bottle. In engineering, it refers to a phenomenon where the performance or capacity of an entire
- Traffic bottleneck: A traffic bottleneck is a localized disruption of vehicular traffic on a street, road, or highway. As opposed to a traffic jam, a bottleneck is a result
- Population bottleneck: A population bottleneck (or genetic bottleneck) is a sharp reduction in the size of a population due to environmental events (such as earthquakes, floods
- Bottleneck (production): In production and project management, a bottleneck is one process in a chain of processes, such that its limited capacity reduces the capacity of the whole
- Bottleneck traveling salesman problem: The Bottleneck traveling salesman problem (bottleneck TSP) is a problem in discrete or combinatorial optimization. The problem is to find the Hamiltonian
- Free State Bottleneck: The Free State of Bottleneck (German: Freistaat Flaschenhals) was a short-lived quasi-state that existed from 10 January 1919 until 25 February 1923. It
- Bottleneck (software): In software engineering, a bottleneck occurs when the capacity of an application or a computer system is severely limited by a single component, like the
- Bottleneck (network): different from a common meaning of a bottleneck. Also note, that this definition does not forbid a single link to be a bottleneck for multiple flows. A data rate
- Internet bottleneck: Internet bottlenecks are places in telecommunication networks in which internet service providers (ISPs), or naturally occurring high use of the network
- Quadratic bottleneck assignment problem: In mathematics, the quadratic bottleneck assignment problem (QBAP) is one of fundamental combinatorial optimization problems in the branch of optimization
Words and phrases related to 'Bottleneck'