Bottleneck Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- a narrowing that reduces the flow through a channel
- become narrow, like a bottleneck; "Right by the bridge, the road bottlenecks"
- slow down or impede by creating an obstruction; "His laziness has bottlenecked our efforts to reform the system"
Definitions from Wiktionary
- a narrowing that reduces the flow through a channel ,
- the narrow part of a bottle near the top
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Bottleneck'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Bottleneck'
- Bottleneck: Bottleneck literally refers to the top narrow part of a bottle. In engineering, it refers to a phenomenon where the performance or capacity of an entire
- Traffic bottleneck: A traffic bottleneck is a localized disruption of vehicular traffic on a street, road, or highway. As opposed to a traffic jam, a bottleneck is a result
- Bottleneck (production): In production and project management, a bottleneck is one process in a chain of processes, such that its limited capacity reduces the capacity of the whole
- Bottleneck traveling salesman problem: The Bottleneck traveling salesman problem (bottleneck TSP) is a problem in discrete or combinatorial optimization. It is stated as follows: Find the Hamiltonian
- Population bottleneck: A population bottleneck is a sharp reduction in the size of a population due to environmental events (such as earthquakes, floods, fires, or droughts)
- Free State Bottleneck: The Free State Bottleneck (German: Freistaat Flaschenhals) was a short-lived quasi-state that existed from 10 January 1919 until 25 February 1923. It was
- Operation Bottleneck: Operation Bottleneck is a 1961 war film. During the Burma Campaign, a detachment of American paratroopers are aided by a group of local women in their
- Delta Sun Bottleneck Stomp: "Delta Sun Bottleneck Stomp" is the second single from Mercury Rev's fourth studio album, Deserter's Songs. The single was released in the UK on January
- Bottleneck (software): engineering, a bottleneck occurs when the capacity of an application or a computer system is severely limited by a single component. The bottleneck has lowest
- Quadratic bottleneck assignment problem: In mathematics, the quadratic bottleneck assignment problem (QBAP) is one of fundamental combinatorial optimization problems in the branch of optimization
Words and phrases related to 'Bottleneck'
Bottleneck Sample Sentences in News
- Fujitsu boss sets CDOs against CIOs at annual do
EMEAI chief tells traditionalists: ‘Don’t be a bottleneck’ Traditional IT and CIOs are often seen as a corporate bottleneck, Duncan Tait, the European boss of Fujitsu warned Tuesday, as chief digital officers increasingly take the reins.… Read more on this news related to 'Bottleneck'
- Congestion worsens at L.A.-Long Beach ports as holidays near
The twin ports of Los Angeles and Long Beach are experiencing a logistical nightmare as they struggle to ease a bottleneck that could undermine retailers' all-important holiday shopping season and threaten the competitiveness of the region's economic engine. Read more on this news related to 'Bottleneck'
- Marina Bay Cruise Centre moves to ease passenger bottleneck
The centre has announced various improvements to ease immigration clearance, following a passenger bottleneck in April when two cruise ships berthed at the facility. Read more on this news related to 'Bottleneck'