Bottleneck Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- a narrowing that reduces the flow through a channel
- become narrow, like a bottleneck; "Right by the bridge, the road bottlenecks"
- slow down or impede by creating an obstruction; "His laziness has bottlenecked our efforts to reform the system"
Definitions from Wiktionary
- a narrowing that reduces the flow through a channel ,
- the narrow part of a bottle near the top
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Bottleneck'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Bottleneck'
- Bottleneck: A bottleneck is a phenomenon where the performance or capacity of an entire system is limited by a single or limited number of components ...
- Population bottleneck: A population bottleneck (or genetic bottleneck) is an evolution ary event in which a significant percentage of a population or species is ...
- Traffic bottleneck: A traffic bottleneck is a localized disruption of vehicular traffic on a street, road or highway. a bottleneck is a result of a specific, ...
- Free State Bottleneck: The Free State Bottleneck. (Freistaat Flaschenhals. was a short-lived quasi-state that existed from 10 January 1919 until 25 February 1923. ...
- Bottleneck (K2): The Bottleneck is a location along the South-East Spur, known also as Abruzzi Spur - the most used route to the top of K2 , the second- ...
- Interconnect bottleneck: The interconnect bottleneck, the point at which integrated circuit s (ICs) reach their capacity, is expected sometime around 2010 ...
- Baby Bottleneck: Baby Bottleneck is a 1945 Warner Brothers Looney Tunes (reissued as a Blue Ribbon ) theatrical cartoon short released in 1946 and ...
- Bottleneck traveling salesman problem: The Bottleneck traveling salesman problem (bottleneck TSP) is a problem in discrete or combinatorial optimization . It is stated as ...
- Bottleneck (disambiguation): Bottleneck literally refers to the top narrow part of a bottle . Other than the narrow part of a bottle "bottleneck" may also refer to: ...
Words and phrases related to 'Bottleneck'
Bottleneck Sample Sentences in News
- CTA plans L overpass at Belmont to eliminate bottleneck
Some Lake View residents were in an uproar Thursday over CTA plans to raze up to 19 buildings and create an elevated bypass just north of Belmont to address a major bottleneck involving the Red, Purple and Brown Line trains. The $320 million bypass would separate the northbound Brown Line from the Red and Purple Lines on a new elevated track just north of Belmont, Read more on this news related to 'Bottleneck'
- CTA Bypass Project Would Eliminate Bottleneck For Red, Brown, Purple Lines
The CTA would have to acquire and tear down 16 buildings in the Lakeview neighborhood to make way for a $320 million rail bypass that would eliminate a longstanding bottleneck along the Red, Brown, and Purple lines. Read more on this news related to 'Bottleneck'
- The Bottleneck Years by H.E.Taylor – Chapter 88 [A Few Things Ill Considered]
The Bottleneck Years by H.E. Taylor Chapter 87 Table of Contents Chapter 89 Chapter 88 Going North, June 15, 2060 I was worried about going North and leaving Edie alone while she was pregnant. She had another opinion. “Don’t be silly. I’m a big girl, Luc.” She took my hand and held it to her… Read more on this news related to 'Bottleneck'