Bottleneck Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- a narrowing that reduces the flow through a channel
- become narrow, like a bottleneck; "Right by the bridge, the road bottlenecks"
- slow down or impede by creating an obstruction; "His laziness has bottlenecked our efforts to reform the system"
Definitions from Wiktionary
- a narrowing that reduces the flow through a channel ,
- the narrow part of a bottle near the top
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Bottleneck'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Bottleneck'
- Bottleneck: Bottleneck literally refers to the top narrow part of a bottle. In engineering, it refers to a phenomenon where the performance or capacity of an entire
- Traffic bottleneck: A traffic bottleneck is a localized disruption of vehicular traffic on a street, road, or highway. As opposed to a traffic jam, a bottleneck is a result
- Bottleneck (production): In production and project management, a bottleneck is one process in a chain of processes, such that its limited capacity reduces the capacity of the whole
- Bottleneck traveling salesman problem: The Bottleneck traveling salesman problem (bottleneck TSP) is a problem in discrete or combinatorial optimization. It is stated as follows: Find the Hamiltonian
- Population bottleneck: A population bottleneck is a sharp reduction in the size of a population due to environmental events (such as earthquakes, floods, fires, or droughts)
- Free State Bottleneck: The Free State Bottleneck (German: Freistaat Flaschenhals) was a short-lived quasi-state that existed from 10 January 1919 until 25 February 1923. It was
- Operation Bottleneck: Operation Bottleneck is a 1961 war film. During the Burma Campaign, a detachment of American paratroopers are aided by a group of local women in their
- Delta Sun Bottleneck Stomp: "Delta Sun Bottleneck Stomp" is the second single from Mercury Rev's fourth studio album, Deserter's Songs. The single was released in the UK on January
- Bottleneck (software): engineering, a bottleneck occurs when the capacity of an application or a computer system is severely limited by a single component. The bottleneck has lowest
- Quadratic bottleneck assignment problem: In mathematics, the quadratic bottleneck assignment problem (QBAP) is one of fundamental combinatorial optimization problems in the branch of optimization
Words and phrases related to 'Bottleneck'
Bottleneck Sample Sentences in News
- Stricter controls cause cocoa bottleneck in Ivory Coast ports
Stricter government controls at Ivory Coast ports have doubled the time needed to clear cocoa beans and products for shipping, exporters said on Wednesday, creating a bottleneck that is saddling them with additional costs. Around 150,000 tonnes of beans and semi-finished cocoa products have piled up in warehouses in Abidjan and San Pedro, several employees with ex Read more on this news related to 'Bottleneck'
- Bottleneck needs fixing (video)
A local business group is taking steps to fast track some major suburban roadworks. Glenfield road's a bottleneck, morning and night. Read more on this news related to 'Bottleneck'
- Traffic alert: Regina road projects may cause delays
The first bottleneck is at Victoria Avenue and Harvey Street, where a catch basin is being repaired. The second potential trouble spot is on Winnipeg Street, between 5th and 6th Avenue. Read more on this news related to 'Bottleneck'