Bottleneck Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- a narrowing that reduces the flow through a channel
- become narrow, like a bottleneck; "Right by the bridge, the road bottlenecks"
- slow down or impede by creating an obstruction; "His laziness has bottlenecked our efforts to reform the system"
Definitions from Wiktionary
- a narrowing that reduces the flow through a channel ,
- the narrow part of a bottle near the top
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Bottleneck'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Bottleneck'
- Bottleneck: Bottleneck literally refers to the top narrow part of a bottle . In engineering, it refers to a phenomenon where the performance or ...
- Traffic bottleneck: A traffic bottleneck is a localized disruption of vehicular traffic on a street, road, or highway. a bottleneck is a result of a specific ...
- Population bottleneck: A population bottleneck is a sharp reduction in the size of a population due to environmental events (such as earthquakes, floods, fires, ...
- Bottleneck (production): In production and project management , a bottleneck is one process in a chain of processes, such that its limited capacity reduces the ...
- Bottleneck (K2): The Bottleneck is a location along the South-East Spur, known also as Abruzzi Spur — the most used route to the top of K2 , the second- ...
- Free State Bottleneck: The Free State Bottleneck. (Freistaat Flaschenhals. was a short-lived quasi-state that existed from 10 January 1919 until 25 February 1923. ...
- Interconnect bottleneck: The interconnect bottleneck refers to limits on integrated circuit (IC) performance due to connections between components instead of their ...
- Baby Bottleneck: Baby Bottleneck is a Warner Bros. Looney Tunes (reissued as a Blue Ribbon ) theatrical cartoon short released in 1946 and directed by Bob ...
Words and phrases related to 'Bottleneck'
Bottleneck Sample Sentences in News
- Work on notorious bottleneck due
Construction work on a new overpass to replace the notorious Inveramsay Bridge bottleneck in Aberdeenshire is set to begin within weeks. Read more on this news related to 'Bottleneck'
- NJ Turnpike widening set to ease bottleneck
One of New Jersey's most notorious traffic bottlenecks may soon disappear. A $2.3 billion project to widen the New Jersey Turnpike from six to 12 lanes between Interchange 6, in Burlington County, and ... Read more on this news related to 'Bottleneck'
- The worst freight bottleneck in North America: A profile
The complexity of this small section of east-west track, known as the Belt Junction, is no less than mind-boggling. Due to some long-ago engineering decision, five railroad tracks converge into just two in this spot. Read more on this news related to 'Bottleneck'