Bottleneck Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- a narrowing that reduces the flow through a channel
- become narrow, like a bottleneck; "Right by the bridge, the road bottlenecks"
- slow down or impede by creating an obstruction; "His laziness has bottlenecked our efforts to reform the system"
Definitions from Wiktionary
- a narrowing that reduces the flow through a channel ,
- the narrow part of a bottle near the top
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Bottleneck'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Bottleneck'
- Bottleneck: Bottleneck literally refers to the top narrow part of a bottle. In engineering, it refers to a phenomenon where the performance or capacity of an entire
- Traffic bottleneck: A traffic bottleneck is a localized disruption of vehicular traffic on a street, road, or highway. As opposed to a traffic jam, a bottleneck is a result
- Bottleneck (production): In production and project management, a bottleneck is one process in a chain of processes, such that its limited capacity reduces the capacity of the whole
- Bottleneck traveling salesman problem: The Bottleneck traveling salesman problem (bottleneck TSP) is a problem in discrete or combinatorial optimization. It is stated as follows: Find the Hamiltonian
- Population bottleneck: A population bottleneck is a sharp reduction in the size of a population due to environmental events (such as earthquakes, floods, fires, or droughts)
- Free State Bottleneck: The Free State Bottleneck (German: Freistaat Flaschenhals) was a short-lived quasi-state that existed from 10 January 1919 until 25 February 1923. It was
- Operation Bottleneck: Operation Bottleneck is a 1961 war film. During the Burma Campaign, a detachment of American paratroopers are aided by a group of local women in their
- Delta Sun Bottleneck Stomp: "Delta Sun Bottleneck Stomp" is the second single from Mercury Rev's fourth studio album, Deserter's Songs. The single was released in the UK on January
- Bottleneck (software): engineering, a bottleneck occurs when the capacity of an application or a computer system is severely limited by a single component. The bottleneck has lowest
- Quadratic bottleneck assignment problem: In mathematics, the quadratic bottleneck assignment problem (QBAP) is one of fundamental combinatorial optimization problems in the branch of optimization
Words and phrases related to 'Bottleneck'
Bottleneck Sample Sentences in News
- Metro rail works lead to traffic snarls
The going was never so tough for motorists on the Begumpet stretch. The bottleneck for the motorist is the stretch at Begumpet Spanish mosque, near Prakashnagar. Motorists complained that it took more than two hours for them to negotiate through the stretch. Read more on this news related to 'Bottleneck'
- Fujitsu boss sets CDOs against CIOs at annual do
EMEAI chief tells traditionalists: ‘Don’t be a bottleneck’ Traditional IT and CIOs are often seen as a corporate bottleneck, Duncan Tait, the European boss of Fujitsu warned Tuesday, as chief digital officers increasingly take the reins.… Read more on this news related to 'Bottleneck'
- Daily Rant&Rave: Green Lake traffic bottleneck
RAVE To the policemen who kindly led me to UW Hospital for an appointment when I was lost due to bad online directions. They even stopped traffic to allow me across lanes. Read more on this news related to 'Bottleneck'