Bottleneck Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- a narrowing that reduces the flow through a channel
- become narrow, like a bottleneck; "Right by the bridge, the road bottlenecks"
- slow down or impede by creating an obstruction; "His laziness has bottlenecked our efforts to reform the system"
Definitions from Wiktionary
- a narrowing that reduces the flow through a channel ,
- the narrow part of a bottle near the top
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Bottleneck'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Bottleneck'
- Bottleneck: A bottleneck is a phenomenon where the performance or capacity of an entire system is limited by a single or limited number of components ...
- Population bottleneck: A population bottleneck (or genetic bottleneck) is an evolution ary event in which a significant percentage of a population or species is ...
- Traffic bottleneck: A traffic bottleneck is a localized disruption of vehicular traffic on a street, road or highway. a bottleneck is a result of a specific, ...
- Free State Bottleneck: The Free State Bottleneck. (Freistaat Flaschenhals. was a short-lived quasi-state that existed from 10 January 1919 until 25 February 1923. ...
- Bottleneck (K2): The Bottleneck is a location along the South-East Spur, known also as Abruzzi Spur - the most used route to the top of K2 , the second- ...
- Interconnect bottleneck: The interconnect bottleneck, the point at which integrated circuit s (ICs) reach their capacity, is expected sometime around 2010 ...
- Baby Bottleneck: Baby Bottleneck is a 1945 Warner Brothers Looney Tunes (reissued as a Blue Ribbon ) theatrical cartoon short released in 1946 and ...
- Bottleneck traveling salesman problem: The Bottleneck traveling salesman problem (bottleneck TSP) is a problem in discrete or combinatorial optimization . It is stated as ...
- Bottleneck (disambiguation): Bottleneck literally refers to the top narrow part of a bottle . Other than the narrow part of a bottle "bottleneck" may also refer to: ...
Words and phrases related to 'Bottleneck'
Bottleneck Sample Sentences in News
- CTA plans L overpass at Belmont to eliminate bottleneck
Some Lake View residents were in an uproar Thursday over CTA plans to raze up to 19 buildings and create an elevated bypass just north of Belmont to address a major bottleneck involving the Red, Purple and Brown Line trains. The $320 million bypass would separate the northbound Brown Line from the Red and Purple Lines on a new elevated track just north of Belmont, Read more on this news related to 'Bottleneck'
- Travellers face long delays at Manchester Airport after bottleneck at immigration desk
Travellers faced long delays at Manchester Airport this morning after a bottleneck at the immigration desk Read more on this news related to 'Bottleneck'
- Visions vary for Hennepin-Lyndale bottleneck
Community members say plans to redesign the busy Hennepin-Lyndale intersection fall far short of their expectations.By EMMA NELSON • firstname.lastname@example.org Read more on this news related to 'Bottleneck'