Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Botches'
Botches Meaning and Definition from Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary (1913)
- Botch \Botch\, n.; pl. Botches. [Same as Boss a stud. For
senses 2 & 3 cf. D. botsen to beat, akin to E. beat.]
- A swelling on the skin; a large ulcerous affection; a boil; an eruptive disease. [Obs. or Dial.] Botches and blains must all his flesh emboss. --Milton.
- A patch put on, or a part of a garment patched or mended in a clumsy manner.
- Work done in a bungling manner; a clumsy performance; a piece of work, or a place in work, marred in the doing, or not properly finished; a bungle. To leave no rubs nor botches in the work. --Shak.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Botches'
Words and phrases related to 'Botches'
Botches Sample Sentences in News
- Miss Texas botches first pitch at Texas Rangers-Angels game
Move over 50 Cent and Carly Rae Jepsen, there's a new candidate for worst ceremonial pitch ever. Read more on this news related to 'Botches'
- Royal Blood Hit Number One
Debut album botches up 66,000 sales... A titanic live force, Royal Blood have been able to replicate this in the studio. The band's debut album is a full throttle affair, all feral riffs and unrelenting drums. A sheer frenetic attack from start to finish, it seems that the public agree. Royal Blood's debut LP has soared into the charts at number one, fight Read more on this news related to 'Botches'
- VIDEO: Nantes' Serge Gakpé botches corner kick
If you thought Keisuke Honda delivered the worst corner kick of the weekend , at least he can claim he hit the ball. Read more on this news related to 'Botches'