Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Botanic'
Botanic Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
adj : of or relating to plants or botany; "botanical garden" [syn:
- Botanic \Bo*tan"ic\, Botanical \Bo*tan"ic*al\, a. [Cf. F.
botanique. See Botany.]
Of or pertaining to botany; relating to the study of plants;
as, a botanical system, arrangement, textbook, expedition. --
Botanic garden, a garden devoted to the culture of plants
collected for the purpose of illustrating the science of
Botanic physician, a physician whose medicines consist
chiefly of herbs and roots.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Botanic'
- Botanic: Botanic may refer to either: an adjective releted to botany , the study of plants. Botanic, Belfast , an electoral ward of Belfast named ...
- Botanic railway station: Ireland | the station in The Bronx | Botanical Garden (Metro-North ... Botanic railway station serves the Botanic area in south Belfast , ...
- Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew: The Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew, usually referred to simply as Kew Gardens, are 121 hectares of garden s and botanical glasshouse s between ...
- Botanical garden: Botanical gardens or botanic gardens are generally well-tended park s displaying a wide range of plants labelled with their botanical name ...
- Royal Botanic Gardens, Sydney: The Royal Botanic Gardens in Sydney , Australia , are the most central of the three major botanical gardens open to the public in Sydney ...
- Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh: The Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh is a scientific centre for the study of plants, ... The Edinburgh botanic garden was founded in 1670 at St ...
- Royal Botanic Gardens, Melbourne: The Royal Botanic Gardens Melbourne are internationally renowned botanical garden s located near the centre of Melbourne , Victoria , ...
- Singapore Botanic Gardens: The Singapore Botanic Gardens (Chinese. zh | 新加坡植物园; Taman Botanik ... It is the only botanic garden in the world that opens from 5 a.m. ...
- Brooklyn Botanic Garden: Brooklyn Botanic Garden (BBG) is a botanical garden in the borough of Brooklyn in New York City . Located near the Prospect Heights , ...
Words and phrases related to 'Botanic'
Botanic Sample Sentences in News
- Art and plants: Even more Chihuly at Botanic Gardens
DENVER, CO - JUNE 10: The Denver Botanic Gardens is hosting a giant show of the glass sculptures by artist Dale Chihuly. One of the best times to the see the art is in the twilight hours. Chihuly's work "Turquoise Reeds and Marlins" in the El Pomar Waterway at the gardens. Read more on this news related to 'Botanic'
- Jimmy Cliff at Denver Botanic Gardens, 7-28-14 (photos, review)
Jimmy Cliff unleashed his reggae revival on a surprisingly boisterous Denver Botanic Gardens crowd Monday night. Read more on this news related to 'Botanic'
- Botanic Backyard: Different types of blooms for various plants, trees
Enter your comment here... You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. ( Log Out / Change ) You are commenting using your Twitter account. ( Log Out / Change ) Read more on this news related to 'Botanic'