Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Botanic'
Botanic Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
adj : of or relating to plants or botany; "botanical garden" [syn:
- Botanic \Bo*tan"ic\, Botanical \Bo*tan"ic*al\, a. [Cf. F.
botanique. See Botany.]
Of or pertaining to botany; relating to the study of plants;
as, a botanical system, arrangement, textbook, expedition. --
Botanic garden, a garden devoted to the culture of plants
collected for the purpose of illustrating the science of
Botanic physician, a physician whose medicines consist
chiefly of herbs and roots.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Botanic'
- Botanic: Botanic may refer to either: an adjective releted to botany , the study of plants. Botanic, Belfast , an electoral ward of Belfast named ...
- Botanic railway station: Ireland | the station in The Bronx | Botanical Garden (Metro-North ... Botanic railway station serves the Botanic area in south Belfast , ...
- Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew: The Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew, usually referred to simply as Kew Gardens, are 121 hectares of garden s and botanical glasshouse s between ...
- Botanical garden: Botanical gardens or botanic gardens are generally well-tended park s displaying a wide range of plants labelled with their botanical name ...
- Royal Botanic Gardens, Sydney: The Royal Botanic Gardens in Sydney , Australia , are the most central of the three major botanical gardens open to the public in Sydney ...
- Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh: The Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh is a scientific centre for the study of plants, ... The Edinburgh botanic garden was founded in 1670 at St ...
- Royal Botanic Gardens, Melbourne: The Royal Botanic Gardens Melbourne are internationally renowned botanical garden s located near the centre of Melbourne , Victoria , ...
- Singapore Botanic Gardens: The Singapore Botanic Gardens (Chinese. zh | 新加坡植物园; Taman Botanik ... It is the only botanic garden in the world that opens from 5 a.m. ...
- Brooklyn Botanic Garden: Brooklyn Botanic Garden (BBG) is a botanical garden in the borough of Brooklyn in New York City . Located near the Prospect Heights , ...
Words and phrases related to 'Botanic'
Botanic Sample Sentences in News
- Denver Botanic Gardens to unveil $6 million new Science Pyramid
Denver Botanic Gardens will unveil its latest high-tech addition Wednesday morning when Mayor Michael Hancock cuts the ribbon on the sleek new Science Pyramid. Read more on this news related to 'Botanic'
- Huge, smelly flower may be coming to Botanic Garden
Already home to rare plant and flower collections, the Chicago Botanic Garden has its sites on growing one of the world's largest — and most foul smelling — blossoms. Read more on this news related to 'Botanic'
- Timaru moves to celebrate Botanic Gardens' 150 years
Over the next 12 months, a variety of events will be held to mark the 150th anniversary of the Timaru Botanic Gardens, starting with a tree planting by Timaru mayor Damon Odey today. Read more on this news related to 'Botanic'