Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Botanic'
Botanic Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
adj : of or relating to plants or botany; "botanical garden" [syn:
- Botanic \Bo*tan"ic\, Botanical \Bo*tan"ic*al\, a. [Cf. F.
botanique. See Botany.]
Of or pertaining to botany; relating to the study of plants;
as, a botanical system, arrangement, textbook, expedition. --
Botanic garden, a garden devoted to the culture of plants
collected for the purpose of illustrating the science of
Botanic physician, a physician whose medicines consist
chiefly of herbs and roots.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Botanic'
- Botanic: Botanic may refer to either: an adjective releted to botany , the study of plants. Botanic, Belfast , an electoral ward of Belfast named ...
- Botanic railway station: Ireland | the station in The Bronx | Botanical Garden (Metro-North ... Botanic railway station serves the Botanic area in south Belfast , ...
- Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew: The Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew, usually referred to simply as Kew Gardens, are 121 hectares of garden s and botanical glasshouse s between ...
- Botanical garden: Botanical gardens or botanic gardens are generally well-tended park s displaying a wide range of plants labelled with their botanical name ...
- Royal Botanic Gardens, Sydney: The Royal Botanic Gardens in Sydney , Australia , are the most central of the three major botanical gardens open to the public in Sydney ...
- Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh: The Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh is a scientific centre for the study of plants, ... The Edinburgh botanic garden was founded in 1670 at St ...
- Royal Botanic Gardens, Melbourne: The Royal Botanic Gardens Melbourne are internationally renowned botanical garden s located near the centre of Melbourne , Victoria , ...
- Singapore Botanic Gardens: The Singapore Botanic Gardens (Chinese. zh | 新加坡植物园; Taman Botanik ... It is the only botanic garden in the world that opens from 5 a.m. ...
- Brooklyn Botanic Garden: Brooklyn Botanic Garden (BBG) is a botanical garden in the borough of Brooklyn in New York City . Located near the Prospect Heights , ...
Words and phrases related to 'Botanic'
Botanic Sample Sentences in News
- Huge, smelly flower may be coming to Botanic Garden
Already home to rare plant and flower collections, the Chicago Botanic Garden has its sites on growing one of the world's largest — and most foul smelling — blossoms. Read more on this news related to 'Botanic'
- Denver police confirms theft from Chihuly exhibit at Botanic Gardens
Denver police confirmed Friday night that an art theft took place earlier this month at the Denver Botanic Gardens, site of a special exhibit of glass sculpture. Read more on this news related to 'Botanic'
- At the Chicago Botanic Garden, all the pathways are yours
It isn't easy to find all of the serene nooks and calming crannies at the Chicago Botanic Garden. Some of the paths at the park seem perfectly content to go only one way. At least a couple of the themed gardens are best reached by walking through another garden. Read more on this news related to 'Botanic'