Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Botanic'
Botanic Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
adj : of or relating to plants or botany; "botanical garden" [syn:
- Botanic \Bo*tan"ic\, Botanical \Bo*tan"ic*al\, a. [Cf. F.
botanique. See Botany.]
Of or pertaining to botany; relating to the study of plants;
as, a botanical system, arrangement, textbook, expedition. --
Botanic garden, a garden devoted to the culture of plants
collected for the purpose of illustrating the science of
Botanic physician, a physician whose medicines consist
chiefly of herbs and roots.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Botanic'
- Botanic: Botanic may refer to either: an adjective releted to botany , the study of plants. Botanic, Belfast , an electoral ward of Belfast named ...
- Botanic railway station: Ireland | the station in The Bronx | Botanical Garden (Metro-North ... Botanic railway station serves the Botanic area in south Belfast , ...
- Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew: The Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew, usually referred to simply as Kew Gardens, are 121 hectares of garden s and botanical glasshouse s between ...
- Botanical garden: Botanical gardens or botanic gardens are generally well-tended park s displaying a wide range of plants labelled with their botanical name ...
- Royal Botanic Gardens, Sydney: The Royal Botanic Gardens in Sydney , Australia , are the most central of the three major botanical gardens open to the public in Sydney ...
- Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh: The Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh is a scientific centre for the study of plants, ... The Edinburgh botanic garden was founded in 1670 at St ...
- Royal Botanic Gardens, Melbourne: The Royal Botanic Gardens Melbourne are internationally renowned botanical garden s located near the centre of Melbourne , Victoria , ...
- Singapore Botanic Gardens: The Singapore Botanic Gardens (Chinese. zh | 新加坡植物园; Taman Botanik ... It is the only botanic garden in the world that opens from 5 a.m. ...
- Brooklyn Botanic Garden: Brooklyn Botanic Garden (BBG) is a botanical garden in the borough of Brooklyn in New York City . Located near the Prospect Heights , ...
Words and phrases related to 'Botanic'
Botanic Sample Sentences in News
- Flower power at the Chicago Botanic Garden
Chicago Botanic Garden's first orchid show finds strength in beauty, numbers For the Chicago Botanic Garden's first big, orchid show, the Regenstein Center is being stuffed with some 10,000 members of the Orchidaceae family. Read more on this news related to 'Botanic'
- Botanic Garden HortTalks Take a Leaf Out of Library’s Books
The Botanic Garden’s new series of HortTalks, starting on Friday 7 March, will now be supported by a selection of books supplied by the Dunedin Public Libraries. Read more on this news related to 'Botanic'
- Live - Christchurch remembers Feb 22
Hundreds of Cantabrians are filling into the Botanic Gardens ahead of today's civic earthquake memorial service. Read more on this news related to 'Botanic'