Bored Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- uninterested because of frequent exposure or indulgence; "his blase indifference"; "a petulent blase air"; "the bored gaze of the successful film star"
- tired of the world; "bored with life"; "strolled through the museum with a bored air"
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Bored'?
Bored Meaning and Definition in Wikipedia
Boredom is an emotional state that comes when a person has nothing to do, and is not interested in anything. To stop boredom, most people do something to occupy or amuse themselves.
The first known use of the word boredom is in the novel Bleak House by Charles Dickens, written in 1852,
Psychologically, boredom is a bad state in which the person feels a deep lack of interest in what is going on around them, and where it is hard to focus.
Words and phrases related to 'Bored'
'Bored' example sentence in quotations
* Author A fool who, not content with having bored those who have lived with him, insists on tormenting generations to come. - Montesquieu
* Are you bored with life Then throw yourself into some work you believe in with all your heart, live for it, die for it, and you will find happiness that you had thought could never be yours. - Dale Carnegie
Click here for more related quotations on 'Bored'
Bored Sample Sentences in News
- 'Real' Captain Kirk bored with boardroom battles
Actor William Shatner told CNBC he was bored by boardroom battles, like the one between Silicon Valley pioneer Mark Andreessen and activist investor Carl Ichan. Read more on this news related to 'Bored'
- Movie review: Ouija bored
OTTAWA — Lawyer Barbara Winters was headed to a meeting Wednesday near her office at the Canada Revenue Agency when she passed the National War Memorial, stopping to snap a few pictures of ... Read more on this news related to 'Bored'
- With 'Ouija' you'll be bored
"OUIJA" is a dead-teenager movie aimed squarely at a teen audience. Universal's effort to reclaim its place as the Home for Horror takes a step backward with this duller-than-dull 89 minutes of your life you'll never get back. Frankly, the board game is scarier, but only if you break the rules: Read more on this news related to 'Bored'