Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Boose'
Boose Meaning and Definition from Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary (1913)
- Boose \Boose\, n. [AS. b[=o]s, b[=o]sig; akin to Icel. b[=a]ss,
Sw. b[*a]s, Dan. baas, stall, G. banse, Goth. bansts barn,
Skr. bh[=a]sas stall. [root]252.]
A stall or a crib for an ox, cow, or other animal. [Prov.
- Boose \Boose\, v. i.
To drink excessively. See Booze.
- Booze \Booze\, v. i. [imp. & p. p. Boozed; p. pr. & vb. n.
Boozing.] [D. buizen; akin to G. bausen, and perh. fr. D.
buis tube, channel, bus box, jar.]
To drink greedily or immoderately, esp. alcoholic liquor; to
tipple. [Written also bouse, and boose.] --Landor.
This is better than boozing in public houses. --H. R.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Boose'
- Terry Boose: Terry Boose is a Republican member of the Ohio House of Representatives , representing the 58th District since 2009. He is Vice Chairman ...
- Dorian Boose: Dorian Alexander Boose (born January 29, 1974 in Frankfurt , Germany ) is a former American football defensive end in the National ...
Words and phrases related to 'Boose'
Boose Sample Sentences in News
- Boose: Online sales tax collection complicated issue
Several states have joined together in the attempt to better collect online sales tax. "We still don't have any real authority until the federal law is changed," State Rep. Terry Boose said. Read more on this news related to 'Boose'
- Centreville RB Taylor Boose commits to Cincinnati
The Bearcats gain a powerful yet speedy rising senior who rushed for 1,162 yards last season for the Virginia 6A champion Wildcats. Read more on this news related to 'Boose'
- State lawmakers dealing with tanning salons, gender pay and data centers
Local representative discusses three bills making way through process. State Rep. Terry Boose (R-Norwalk Township) provided the Reflector with details about three bills currently making their way through the state legislative process. Read more on this news related to 'Boose'