Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Bonding'
- fastening firmly together [syn: soldering]
- a close personal relationship that forms between people (as between husband and wife or parent and child)
- (dentistry) a technique for repairing a tooth; resinous material is applied to the surface of the tooth where it adheres to the tooth's enamel
- Bond \Bond\ (b[o^]nd), v. t. [imp. & p. p. Bonded; p. pr. &
vb. n. Bonding.]
- To place under the conditions of a bond; to mortgage; to secure the payment of the duties on (goods or merchandise) by giving a bond.
- (Arch.) To dispose in building, as the materials of a wall, so as to secure solidity.
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Bonding'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Bonding'
Chemical bonds are what join together atoms. When two or more atoms are in a chemical bond they stay joined unless the needed amount of energy or more is transferred to the bond. Something different can then happen. Chemical bonds can be explained using different theories. Some of these theories try to explain chemical bonds in a simple way that can be used by chemists to imagine what could happen when they try to make molecules. Some explain how the atoms are bonded together with more detail and are used by chemists and physicists.
A common way chemists describe chemical bonds is through the number of electrons each atom has on itself. Each atom is drawn with the number of electrons as dots to form a maximum of eight. The number of dots changes if there are less or more electrons. If the electrons form a chemical bond then a line is drawn between the two electrons.[See more about Bonding at Dictionary 3.0 Encyclopedia]
Words and phrases related to 'Bonding'
Bonding Sample Sentences in News
- Mario Day: Ways to score big bonding points
Mario Day: Gaming is usually not something kids and parents see eye-to-eye on, but Mario Day gives one mom the chance to reflect on bonding with her son over the characters of the popular Nintendo game series. Read more on this news related to 'Bonding'
- Khloé Kardashian and Kendall Jenner Enjoy Sister Bonding Time During a Hike
Sometimes you just need some sister bonding time. Khloé Kardashian took to her website on Wednesday to share a recent lovely outing with Kendall Jenner. "The weather... Read more on this news related to 'Bonding'
- Invenios Announces New Substrates for Micro-system Production Process for the Permanent Bonding of Silicon, Metal, and ...
Santa Barbara, California -- Santa Barbara, California--February 27, 2014 -- Invenios, an advanced technology micro-fabrication foundry specializing in microfluidics, MEMS, and 3D microstructures announced ... Read more on this news related to 'Bonding'