Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Bonding'
- fastening firmly together [syn: soldering]
- a close personal relationship that forms between people (as between husband and wife or parent and child)
- (dentistry) a technique for repairing a tooth; resinous material is applied to the surface of the tooth where it adheres to the tooth's enamel
- Bond \Bond\ (b[o^]nd), v. t. [imp. & p. p. Bonded; p. pr. &
vb. n. Bonding.]
- To place under the conditions of a bond; to mortgage; to secure the payment of the duties on (goods or merchandise) by giving a bond.
- (Arch.) To dispose in building, as the materials of a wall, so as to secure solidity.
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Bonding'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Bonding'
Chemical bonds are what join together atoms. When two or more atoms are in a chemical bond they stay joined unless the needed amount of energy or more is transferred to the bond. Something different can then happen. Chemical bonds can be explained using different theories. Some of these theories try to explain chemical bonds in a simple way that can be used by chemists to imagine what could happen when they try to make molecules. Some explain how the atoms are bonded together with more detail and are used by chemists and physicists.
A common way chemists describe chemical bonds is through the number of electrons each atom has on itself. Each atom is drawn with the number of electrons as dots to form a maximum of eight. The number of dots changes if there are less or more electrons. If the electrons form a chemical bond then a line is drawn between the two electrons.[See more about Bonding at Dictionary 3.0 Encyclopedia]
Words and phrases related to 'Bonding'
Bonding Sample Sentences in News
- Bonding with films
With India and China signing an audio-visual co-production agreement on Thursday, the two countries have agreed to establish a joint working group to facilitate and come up with a concrete co-operation framework for the film sector. Read more on this news related to 'Bonding'
- Cellular Bonding Device supports global newsgathering.
Enabling field broadcast cameras to be equipped with bonding uplink unit, Model LU200 supports two 4G LTE/3G modems together with Wi-FI and LAN connections and includes proprietary antenna modules for extra resiliency. Unit can also serve as stand-alone video encoder with satellite integration functionality, or be used as LiveU DataBridge mobile hotspot for all IP Read more on this news related to 'Bonding'
- Fermilab Implements Ziptronix's DBI Hybrid Bonding in High-End 3D Image Sensors
Ziptronix Inc. today announced that its Direct Bond Interconnect hybrid bonding has been implemented by Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory to improve the performance of high-end 3D sensor arrays, which ... Read more on this news related to 'Bonding'