Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Bonding'
- fastening firmly together [syn: soldering]
- a close personal relationship that forms between people (as between husband and wife or parent and child)
- (dentistry) a technique for repairing a tooth; resinous material is applied to the surface of the tooth where it adheres to the tooth's enamel
- Bond \Bond\ (b[o^]nd), v. t. [imp. & p. p. Bonded; p. pr. &
vb. n. Bonding.]
- To place under the conditions of a bond; to mortgage; to secure the payment of the duties on (goods or merchandise) by giving a bond.
- (Arch.) To dispose in building, as the materials of a wall, so as to secure solidity.
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Bonding'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Bonding'
Chemical bonds are what join together atoms. When two or more atoms are in a chemical bond they stay joined unless the needed amount of energy or more is transferred to the bond. Something different can then happen. Chemical bonds can be explained using different theories. Some of these theories try to explain chemical bonds in a simple way that can be used by chemists to imagine what could happen when they try to make molecules. Some explain how the atoms are bonded together with more detail and are used by chemists and physicists.
A common way chemists describe chemical bonds is through the number of electrons each atom has on itself. Each atom is drawn with the number of electrons as dots to form a maximum of eight. The number of dots changes if there are less or more electrons. If the electrons form a chemical bond then a line is drawn between the two electrons.[See more about Bonding at Dictionary 3.0 Encyclopedia]
Words and phrases related to 'Bonding'
Bonding Sample Sentences in News
- Tanaka Precious Metals, Newlong Seimitsu Kogyo and Taiyo Chemical Industry Commence to Provide Submicron Gold Particle ...
The technology enables batch printing of bonding material micro-composite patterns bondable at 200 degrees Celsius and heat resistant to 300 degrees Celsius - In combination with screen printing, it resolves ... Read more on this news related to 'Bonding'
- Singapore-MIT Alliance For Research Technology Orders EV Group Automated Production Bonding System For Silicon-On ...
ST. FLORIAN, Austria, Dec. 10, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- EV Group (EVG), a leading supplier of wafer bonding and lithography equipment for the MEMS, nanotechnology and semiconductor markets, today announced that the Singapore-MIT Alliance for Research Technology (SMART) has ordered an EVG®850LT fully automated production bonding system designed for silicon-on-insulat Read more on this news related to 'Bonding'
- Ziptronix Teams With Tezzaron and Novati Technologies to Accelerate Development of 3D ICs
Ziptronix Inc., provider of patented, low-temperature direct bonding technology for 3D integration, today announced an agreement with Tezzaron Semiconductor Corporation and Novati Technologies, a wholly ... Read more on this news related to 'Bonding'