Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Bonding'
- fastening firmly together [syn: soldering]
- a close personal relationship that forms between people (as between husband and wife or parent and child)
- (dentistry) a technique for repairing a tooth; resinous material is applied to the surface of the tooth where it adheres to the tooth's enamel
- Bond \Bond\ (b[o^]nd), v. t. [imp. & p. p. Bonded; p. pr. &
vb. n. Bonding.]
- To place under the conditions of a bond; to mortgage; to secure the payment of the duties on (goods or merchandise) by giving a bond.
- (Arch.) To dispose in building, as the materials of a wall, so as to secure solidity.
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Bonding'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Bonding'
Chemical bonds are what join together atoms. When two or more atoms are in a chemical bond they stay joined unless the needed amount of energy or more is transferred to the bond. Something different can then happen. Chemical bonds can be explained using different theories. Some of these theories try to explain chemical bonds in a simple way that can be used by chemists to imagine what could happen when they try to make molecules. Some explain how the atoms are bonded together with more detail and are used by chemists and physicists.
A common way chemists describe chemical bonds is through the number of electrons each atom has on itself. Each atom is drawn with the number of electrons as dots to form a maximum of eight. The number of dots changes if there are less or more electrons. If the electrons form a chemical bond then a line is drawn between the two electrons.[See more about Bonding at Dictionary 3.0 Encyclopedia]
Words and phrases related to 'Bonding'
Bonding Sample Sentences in News
- Bonding for liability coverage of four Somerset officials rejected
Two nights after annual Town Meeting — at which voters narrowly increased salaries of the town clerk and tax collector to match the treasurer’s pay — the town announced that all three elected officials had the continued bonding related to their liability coverage rejected for the same reason: “Qualifications unacceptable,” reads the May 15 notice of canc Read more on this news related to 'Bonding'
- Bonding with dolphins
NOTHING can equal the happiness when you get to immerse yourself in the great wonders of nature and interact with the other living creatures the earth nurtures, be they on land or sea. That, perhaps, is the reason why travelers are growing in number nowadays. Read more on this news related to 'Bonding'
- Bonding bill shrinks considerably
ST. PAUL — The proposed $800 million bonding bill went on quite a diet in the last few hours of the 2013 legislative session on Monday, shedding several Iron Range projects along with others across the state. Read more on this news related to 'Bonding'