Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Boarded'
Boarded Meaning and Definition from Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary (1913)
- Board \Board\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Boarded; p. pr. & vb. n.
- To cover with boards or boarding; as, to board a house. ``The boarded hovel.'' --Cowper.
- [Cf. Board to accost, and see Board, n.] To go on board of, or enter, as a ship, whether in a hostile or a friendly way. You board an enemy to capture her, and a stranger to receive news or make a communication. --Totten.
- To enter, as a railway car. [Colloq. U. S.]
- To furnish with regular meals, or with meals and lodgings, for compensation; to supply with daily meals.
- To place at board, for compensation; as, to board one's horse at a livery stable.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Boarded'
- Bagged & Boarded: Bagged & Boarded is a weekly podcast featuring Matt Cohen and Brendan "Brendoman" Creecy is a weekly podcast that is part of the Smodcast ...
- List of airports in the United States by passengers boarded: List of airport s in the United States sorted by passengers boarded. By total passengers boarded : Due to the large number of airports in the ...
- Defluxion / Boarded Up Swan Entrance: "Defluxion" / "Boarded Up Swan Entrance" is a 2001 7" single by Venetian Snares . It is his first release on the influential UK-based ...
Words and phrases related to 'Boarded'
Boarded Sample Sentences in News
- Majestic boarded, closed
The Majestic Theatre in Streator is closed indefinitely. Read more on this news related to 'Boarded'
- Lakeland Police Board Up Apartment Building Deemed Public Nuisance
Police boarded up and closed a Lakeland apartment building this morning that was declared a public nuisance because of continued drug activity. Read more on this news related to 'Boarded'
(AP Photo/Jeff Roberson, File). FILE - In this Aug. 18, 2014 file photo, a young boy tosses a football as people walk past a business boarded up to protect against looting in Ferguson, Mo. Read more on this news related to 'Boarded'