Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Blush'
Blush Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- a rosy color (especially in the cheeks) taken as a sign of good health [syn: bloom, flush, rosiness]
- sudden reddening of the face (as from embarrassment or guilt or shame or modesty) [syn: flush] v
- turn red, as if in embarrassment or shame; "The girl blushed when a young man whistled as she walked by" [syn: crimson, flush, redden]
- become rosy or reddish; "her cheeks blushed in the cold winter air"
- Blush \Blush\ (bl[u^]sh) v. i. [imp. & p. p. Blushed
(bl[u^]sht); p. pr. & vb. n. Blushing.] [OE. bluschen to
shine, look, turn red, AS. blyscan to glow; akin to blysa a
torch, [=a]bl[=y]sian to blush, D. blozen, Dan. blusse to
- To become suffused with red in the cheeks, as from a sense of shame, modesty, or confusion; to become red from such cause, as the cheeks or face. To the nuptial bower I led her blushing like the morn. --Milton. In the presence of the shameless and unblushing, the young offender is ashamed to blush. --Buckminster. He would stroke The head of modest and ingenuous worth, That blushed at its own praise. --Cowper.
- To grow red; to have a red or rosy color. The sun of heaven, methought, was loth to set, But stayed, and made the western welkin blush. --Shak.
- To have a warm and delicate color, as some roses and other flowers. Full many a flower is born to blush unseen. --T. Gray.
- Blush \Blush\, v. t.
- To suffuse with a blush; to redden; to make roseate. [Obs.] To blush and beautify the cheek again. --Shak.
- To express or make known by blushing. I'll blush you thanks. --Shak.
- Blush \Blush\, n.
- A suffusion of the cheeks or face with red, as from a sense of shame, confusion, or modesty. The rosy blush of love. --Trumbull.
- A red or reddish color; a rosy tint.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Blush'
- Blush: Blush may refer to: Blushing , the physiological occurrence of temporary redness of the face as an emotional response. Blush, also called ...
- Blushing: To blush is to display red ness in one's face ; the term is usually used when the redness is a result of an emotional response, which could ...
- Blush (film): Blush (s 红粉 | t 紅粉 | p Hong fen) is a 1995 Chinese film about the experience of two women during the People's Republic of China 's ...
- Blush, Albania: Blush is a village in the Kolonjë District , Korçë County , southeastern Albania Notable people: Kico Blushi References : Category:Populated ...
Words and phrases related to 'Blush'