Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Blush'
Blush Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- a rosy color (especially in the cheeks) taken as a sign of good health [syn: bloom, flush, rosiness]
- sudden reddening of the face (as from embarrassment or guilt or shame or modesty) [syn: flush] v
- turn red, as if in embarrassment or shame; "The girl blushed when a young man whistled as she walked by" [syn: crimson, flush, redden]
- become rosy or reddish; "her cheeks blushed in the cold winter air"
- Blush \Blush\ (bl[u^]sh) v. i. [imp. & p. p. Blushed
(bl[u^]sht); p. pr. & vb. n. Blushing.] [OE. bluschen to
shine, look, turn red, AS. blyscan to glow; akin to blysa a
torch, [=a]bl[=y]sian to blush, D. blozen, Dan. blusse to
- To become suffused with red in the cheeks, as from a sense of shame, modesty, or confusion; to become red from such cause, as the cheeks or face. To the nuptial bower I led her blushing like the morn. --Milton. In the presence of the shameless and unblushing, the young offender is ashamed to blush. --Buckminster. He would stroke The head of modest and ingenuous worth, That blushed at its own praise. --Cowper.
- To grow red; to have a red or rosy color. The sun of heaven, methought, was loth to set, But stayed, and made the western welkin blush. --Shak.
- To have a warm and delicate color, as some roses and other flowers. Full many a flower is born to blush unseen. --T. Gray.
- Blush \Blush\, v. t.
- To suffuse with a blush; to redden; to make roseate. [Obs.] To blush and beautify the cheek again. --Shak.
- To express or make known by blushing. I'll blush you thanks. --Shak.
- Blush \Blush\, n.
- A suffusion of the cheeks or face with red, as from a sense of shame, confusion, or modesty. The rosy blush of love. --Trumbull.
- A red or reddish color; a rosy tint.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Blush'
- Blush: Blush may refer to: Blushing , the physiological occurrence of temporary redness of the face as an emotional response. Blush, also called ...
- Blushing: To blush is to display red ness in one's face ; the term is usually used when the redness is a result of an emotional response, which could ...
- Blush (film): Blush (s 红粉 | t 紅粉 | p Hong fen) is a 1995 Chinese film about the experience of two women during the People's Republic of China 's ...
- Blush, Albania: Blush is a village in the Kolonjë District , Korçë County , southeastern Albania Notable people: Kico Blushi References : Category:Populated ...
Words and phrases related to 'Blush'
Blush Sample Sentences in News
- Miranda Kerr's Guide To Wearing Blush Like A Pro
(Source: Pascal Le Segretain/Getty Images North America) Miranda Kerr might be one of our favorite street style stars, but she's also one of our favorite beauty stars as well. This winter she cleared away our cold-weather blues with some seriously bold lips . Lately, we've been noticing Kerr has been adding a special something else to her beauty look. N Read more on this news related to 'Blush'
- Painting and decorating with the color pink
We talked to three designers about the shades of blush, fuchsia, coral and more that they love. Read more on this news related to 'Blush'
- Lipstick. Eye Shadow. Blush. Repeat! Celebrity Make-up Artists and Independent Beauty Consultants Nationwide Glam It ...
Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultants nationwide have one number in mind today– 44,250. That’s the number of makeovers completed in the U.S. last year during the first-ever Mary Read more on this news related to 'Blush'