Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Blackout'
Blackout Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- a suspension of radio or tv broadcasting
- darkness resulting from the extinction of lights (as in a city invisible to enemy aircraft) [syn: brownout, dimout]
- the failure of electric power for a general region
- a momentary loss of consciousness
- partial or total loss of memory; "he has a total blackout for events of the evening" [syn: amnesia, memory loss]
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Blackout'
- Blackout: Blackout may refer to: Loss of lighting or communication : Power outage , an accidental loss of electric power. Rolling blackout , an ...
- Blackout!: Blackout! is the debut album by hip hop artists Method Man & Redman It is the first full-length release by Method Man and Redman ...
- Blackout (Britney Spears album): Blackout is the fifth studio album by American pop singer Britney Spears , released by Jive Records on October 26, 2007. Spears began ...
- Blackout (Transformers): Blackout is the name of several different fictional character s in the various Transformers universes . Transformers: Generation 1 ...
- Northeast Blackout of 2003: The Northeast Blackout of 2003 was a massive widespread power outage that occurred throughout parts of the Northeastern and Midwestern ...
- Blackout (wartime): A blackout during war , or apprehended war, is the practice of collectively minimizing outdoor light , including upwardly directed (or ...
- New York City blackout of 1977: The New York City Blackout of 1977 was an electricity blackout that affected most of New York City from July 13, 1977 to July 14, 1977. ...
- Blackout (comics): Blackout is the name of two fictional character s, both supervillain s, in the Marvel Comics universe . Marcus Daniels: image Marcus ...
Words and phrases related to 'Blackout'
Blackout Sample Sentences in News
- MLB taking steps to ease blackout restrictions
Baseball's blackout restrictions have long been scrutinized, but the league may be closing an on an agreement to ease them slightly. Major League Baseball is taking steps to ease their blackout restrictions possibly as early as next season, according to an Associated Press report. Bob Bowman, President and CEO of MLB Advanced Media, is apparently 'optimis Read more on this news related to 'Blackout'
- FCC's Pai supports repeal of NFL TV blackout rules
Ajit Pai called the NFL's television blackout rules ''outdated,'' and urged his fellow Federal Communications Commission representatives to vote in favor of having them repealed to address fan concerns. ''Right now, the FCC is officially on the side of blackouts. ''The FCC shouldn't get involved in handing out special favors Read more on this news related to 'Blackout'
- FCC commissioner Pai supports repeal of NFL TV blackout rules
BUFFALO, N.Y. (AP) A commissioner of the Federal Communications Commission says it's time to repeal NFL television blackout rules. Read more on this news related to 'Blackout'