Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Bisque'
Bisque Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
n : a thick cream soup made from shellfish
- Bisque \Bisque\, n. [F.]
A point taken by the receiver of odds in the game of tennis;
also, an extra innings allowed to a weaker player in croquet.
- Bisque \Bisque\, n. [F.]
A white soup made of crayfish.
- Bisque \Bisque\, n. [A corruption of biscuit.]
Unglazed white porcelain.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Bisque'
- Bisque: Bisque may refer to: Bisque (pottery), a piece of unglazed pottery. Bisque (food), a thick, creamy soup made from puréed seafood or ...
- Bisque (pottery): Bisque porcelain is unglazed, white ceramic ware Examples include bisque doll s. A related term is biscuit. This has been defined as " ...
- Bisque doll: A bisque doll or porcelain doll is a doll made partially or wholly out of bisque porcelain . Bisque dolls are characterized by their ...
- Bisque (food): Bisque is a smooth, creamy, highly-seasoned soup of French origin, classically based on a strained broth (coulis ) of crustaceans It can ...
- Software Bisque: Software Bisque, Inc. (formerly named Computer Assist Services) is an American company that develops software used in astronomy . ...
- 12934 Bisque: 12934 Bisque (1999 TH16) is a main-belt asteroid discovered on October 11, 1999 by C. W. Juels at Fountain Hills . References ...
Words and phrases related to 'Bisque'
Bisque Sample Sentences in News
- Squaw chef produces explosion of flavors
By Kathryn Reed OLYMPIC VALLEY – Heirloom tomatoes, corn bisque and black trumpet mushrooms = heaven, even for a carnivore. Chef Chad Shrewsbury had guests of this month’s Study of the Seasons: Farm to Tahoe dinner at the Resort at Squaw Creek’s Six Peaks Grille raving about his ability to transform ordinary ingredients into extraordinary […] Read more on this news related to 'Bisque'
- New Zealand food memoir heads for a print edition
With the help of some mouth-watering recipes and sage advice from the Duchess of Windsor - "If you don’t take care you may serve an entire meal pinkish mauve, from lobster bisque to sherbet" - Anne Else’s memoir of her food-entwined life rocketed to five stars and the No. 1 spot on Amazon’s food memoirs’ bestseller list within a few weeks of its Read more on this news related to 'Bisque'
- Best-selling “eriginal” food memoir heads for print edition
With the help of some mouth-watering recipes and sage advice from the Duchess of Windsor – “If you don’t take care you may serve an entire meal pinkish mauve, from lobster bisque to sherbet” – Anne Else’s memoir of her food-entwined life ... Read more on this news related to 'Bisque'