Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Bigwig'
Bigwig Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
n : the most important person in a group or undertaking [syn: kingpin,
- Bigwig \Big"wig`\, n. [Big,a.+ wig.]
A person of consequence; as, the bigwigs of society. [Jocose]
In our youth we have heard him spoken of by the bigwigs
with extreme condescension. --Dickens.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Bigwig'
- Bigwig: A bigwig is a person of importance to a group or organization. Bigwig may also refer to: Bigwig (programming language) Bigwig (band) ...
- Bigwig (band): Bigwig is a hardcore punk band from New Jersey , formed in 1995. They were originally composed of Josh Farrell (guitar), John Castaldo ...
- Bigwig (programming language): Bigwig is a domain-specific language designed to build web applications. It is implemented as an Apache module and runs under the Linux ...
- BIGWIG (library organization): BIGWIG is an interest group for the Library Information and Technology Association , a division of the American Library Association . ...
Words and phrases related to 'Bigwig'