Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Bevy'
Bevy Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- a group of girls or young women
- a flock of quail
- Bevy \Bev"y\, n.; pl. Bevies. [Perhaps orig. a drinking
company, fr. OF. bev['e]e (cf. It. beva) a drink, beverage;
then, perh., a company in general, esp. of ladies; and last
applied by sportsmen to larks, quails, etc. See Beverage.]
- A company; an assembly or collection of persons, especially of ladies. What a bevy of beaten slaves have we here ! --Beau. & Fl.
- A flock of birds, especially quails or larks; also, a herd of roes.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Bevy'
- Bevy: Bevy may refer to: an over-abundance of something. Collonges-lès-Bévy , a commune in the Côte-d'Or department in eastern France ...
Words and phrases related to 'Bevy'
Bevy Sample Sentences in News
- Rangers aid Lundqvist with bevy of blocked shots
Henrik Lundqvist was busy while stopping 31 of 32 Philadelphia shots that got through to him in the New York Rangers' Game 3 playoff win over the Flyers. Lundqvist allowed just one first-period goal in New York's 4-1 victory in Philadelphia on Tuesday night that gave the Rangers a 2-1 lead in the first-round series between Metropolitan Division rivals. Our Read more on this news related to 'Bevy'
- Bevy of firsts for champs Bengaluru
NEW DELHI: Since coming on board as the first club through a bidding process in the I-League, Jindal Steel Works-owned Bengaluru FC have not only ticked all the boxes expected of them, but have shown the path ahead for Indian club football, as to how it should be done, both on, and more importantly, off the field. While scripting a new chapter in Indian football b Read more on this news related to 'Bevy'
- Tech Lobby Runs Car-Data Bill Off the Road
Bevy of interests banded together to oppose legislation requiring that data collected from a vehicle be shared with its owner. Read more on this news related to 'Bevy'