Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Bevy'
Bevy Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- a group of girls or young women
- a flock of quail
- Bevy \Bev"y\, n.; pl. Bevies. [Perhaps orig. a drinking
company, fr. OF. bev['e]e (cf. It. beva) a drink, beverage;
then, perh., a company in general, esp. of ladies; and last
applied by sportsmen to larks, quails, etc. See Beverage.]
- A company; an assembly or collection of persons, especially of ladies. What a bevy of beaten slaves have we here ! --Beau. & Fl.
- A flock of birds, especially quails or larks; also, a herd of roes.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Bevy'
- Bevy: Bevy may refer to: an over-abundance of something. Collonges-lès-Bévy , a commune in the Côte-d'Or department in eastern France ...
Words and phrases related to 'Bevy'
Bevy Sample Sentences in News
- Cougars use bevy of top-three finishes to gain edge on Lady Pan - Quincy Herald-Whig | Illinois & Missouri News, Sports
CAMP POINT, Ill. -- Taylor Miller didn't expect the Winchester West Central girls track team to be atop the standings at the Central Invitational. "We're just shocked," Miller said after the Cougars piled up 126 points to win Friday's event. Read more on this news related to 'Bevy'
- IRS Says Bitcoin Is Property, Not Currency, And Forms 1099 Are Required
The IRS has issued a bevy of questions and answers about digital currencies like Bitcoin. The biggest news is that it is property for tax purposes, which means that: Wages paid to employees using virtual currency are taxable, must be reported on a Form W-2, and are subject to federal income Read more on this news related to 'Bevy'
- Source: Manziel, other QBs to visit Jaguars
The Jacksonville Jaguars will host a bevy of NFL draft prospects, including former Heisman Trophy winner Johnny Manziel, this week, a source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter. Read more on this news related to 'Bevy'