Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Bevy'
Bevy Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- a group of girls or young women
- a flock of quail
- Bevy \Bev"y\, n.; pl. Bevies. [Perhaps orig. a drinking
company, fr. OF. bev['e]e (cf. It. beva) a drink, beverage;
then, perh., a company in general, esp. of ladies; and last
applied by sportsmen to larks, quails, etc. See Beverage.]
- A company; an assembly or collection of persons, especially of ladies. What a bevy of beaten slaves have we here ! --Beau. & Fl.
- A flock of birds, especially quails or larks; also, a herd of roes.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Bevy'
- Bevy: Bevy may refer to: an over-abundance of something. Collonges-lès-Bévy , a commune in the Côte-d'Or department in eastern France ...
Words and phrases related to 'Bevy'
Bevy Sample Sentences in News
- IBM 'as a service' cloud pieces fall into place
IBM has acquired a bevy of cloud companies and built a Big Blue cloud stack. Here's a look at the moving parts and how they fit together as IBM moves from hardware to the cloud. Read more on this news related to 'Bevy'
- Chivas USA president Nelson Rodriguez: Club could keep on-loan forward Erick Torres beyond June
A bevy of question marks surround Chivas USA following their change in ownership, but new club president Nelson Rodriguez knows he wants promising forward Erick “Cubo” Torres to be a part of the organization’s future regardless of what’s to come in the transitional phase. Rodriguez said the decision to extend Torres’ loan from CD Guadalajara would ultima Read more on this news related to 'Bevy'
- Police ask burglary victims to help I.D. stolen goods
LYNNWOOD — Police here recently recovered a bevy of baubles they believe were lifted from homes in King and Snohomish counties over the past three years. Read more on this news related to 'Bevy'