Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Bevy'
Bevy Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- a group of girls or young women
- a flock of quail
- Bevy \Bev"y\, n.; pl. Bevies. [Perhaps orig. a drinking
company, fr. OF. bev['e]e (cf. It. beva) a drink, beverage;
then, perh., a company in general, esp. of ladies; and last
applied by sportsmen to larks, quails, etc. See Beverage.]
- A company; an assembly or collection of persons, especially of ladies. What a bevy of beaten slaves have we here ! --Beau. & Fl.
- A flock of birds, especially quails or larks; also, a herd of roes.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Bevy'
- Bevy: Bevy may refer to: an over-abundance of something. Collonges-lès-Bévy , a commune in the Côte-d'Or department in eastern France ...
Words and phrases related to 'Bevy'
Bevy Sample Sentences in News
- Bevy of Mustangs earn county honors
CLIFTON — One thing's for sure, Chris DiFalco will be missed. Read more on this news related to 'Bevy'
- Day 2 of Draft delivers bevy of talent
The Astros got the second day of the First-Year Player Draft out to a familiar start on Friday by picking a college pitcher at the top. Houston selected southpaw Kent Emanuel with the top pick in the third round, giving the Astros three pitchers in the first three rounds of the Draft. Read more on this news related to 'Bevy'
- Harry Styles Surrounded By Bevy Of Female Fans While Queuing For One Direction Meet And Greet
If You Can't Beat Them, Join Them! Read more on this news related to 'Bevy'