Dictionary Meaning and Definition on 'Bevy'
Bevy Meaning and Definition from WordNet (r) 2.0
- a group of girls or young women
- a flock of quail
- Bevy \Bev"y\, n.; pl. Bevies. [Perhaps orig. a drinking
company, fr. OF. bev['e]e (cf. It. beva) a drink, beverage;
then, perh., a company in general, esp. of ladies; and last
applied by sportsmen to larks, quails, etc. See Beverage.]
- A company; an assembly or collection of persons, especially of ladies. What a bevy of beaten slaves have we here ! --Beau. & Fl.
- A flock of birds, especially quails or larks; also, a herd of roes.
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Bevy'
- Bevy: Bevy may refer to: an over-abundance of something. Collonges-lès-Bévy , a commune in the Côte-d'Or department in eastern France ...
Words and phrases related to 'Bevy'
Bevy Sample Sentences in News
- Roundup nets 48 sex offenders in Paterson, authorities say
A two-month joint effort between a bevy of Passaic County and federal law enforcement agencies led the arrest of 48 sex offenders in Paterson, authorities said Friday. Read more on this news related to 'Bevy'
- China’s bevy of supercomputers goes unused
China has built the second largest collection of supercomputers after the U.S., including the world’s fastest supercomputer, the Tianhe-2, but a new report says many, if not most, lay idle for bureaucratic reasons. Read more on this news related to 'Bevy'
- Sun shines on our SSG calendar shoot
A bevy of SUNshine Girls and summer weather to boot. Read more on this news related to 'Bevy'