Beta Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- the 2nd letter of the Greek alphabet
- preliminary or testing stage of a software or hardware product; "a beta version"; "beta software"
- second in order of importance; "the candidate, considered a beta male, was perceived to be unable to lead his party to victory"
Definitions from Wiktionary
- the 2nd letter of the Greek alphabet ,
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Beta'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Beta'
- Beta: other uses, see Beta (disambiguation). Beta (UK /ˈbiːtə/ or US /ˈbeɪtə/; uppercase Β, lowercase β, or cursive ϐ; Ancient Greek: βῆτα bḗta or Modern Greek:
- Beta (disambiguation): Template:Multisoft Beta (Classic, β) is the second letter of the Greek alphabet. Beta or BETA may also refer to:Multisoft Template:Multisoft Betacam
- Beta Beta Beta: Beta Beta Beta (also called TriBeta), is a collegiate honor society and academic fraternity for students of the biological sciences. It was founded in
- Beta blocker: Beta blocker, also written β-blocker, is a class of medications that are particularly used to manage cardiac arrhythmias, and to protect the heart from
- Beta decay: In nuclear physics, beta decay (β-decay) is a type of radioactive decay in which a beta ray (fast energetic electron or positron), and a neutrino are
- Beta (finance): For other uses, see Beta (disambiguation). In finance, the beta (β or beta coefficient) of an investment indicates whether the investment is more or less
- Beta distribution: Not to be confused with Beta function. In probability theory and statistics, the beta distribution is a family of continuous probability distributions
- Beta function: article is about Euler beta function. For other uses, see Beta function (disambiguation). In mathematics, the beta function, also called the
- Beta particle: A beta particle, sometimes called beta ray, denoted by the lower-case Greek letter beta (β), is a high-energy, high-speed electron or positron emitted
- Phi Beta Sigma: Phi Beta Sigma (ΦΒΣ) is a social/service collegiate and professional fraternity founded at Howard University in Washington, D.C. on January 9, 1914, by
Meaning of the Name 'Beta'
- Meaning: Dedicated to go
- Origin: Slavic
- Gender: Female