Beta Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- the 2nd letter of the Greek alphabet
- preliminary or testing stage of a software or hardware product; "a beta version"; "beta software"
- second in order of importance; "the candidate, considered a beta male, was perceived to be unable to lead his party to victory"
Definitions from Wiktionary
- the 2nd letter of the Greek alphabet ,
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Beta'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Beta'
- Beta: other uses, see Beta (disambiguation). Beta (UK /ˈbiːtə/ or US /ˈbeɪtə/; uppercase Β, lowercase β, or cursive ϐ; Ancient Greek: βήτα bḗta or Modern Greek:
- Beta (disambiguation): Beta (B, β) is the second letter of the Greek alphabet. Beta or BETA may also refer to: Beta (motorcycle manufacturer), an Italian off-road motorcycles
- Beta Beta Beta: Beta Beta Beta (also called TriBeta), is a collegiate honor society and academic fraternity for students of the biological sciences. It was founded in
- Beta wave: second). Beta waves are split into three sections: Low Beta Waves (12.5–16 Hz, "Beta 1 power"); Beta Waves (16.5–20 Hz, "Beta 2 power"); and High Beta Waves
- Beta particle: as beta rays. The production of beta particles is termed beta decay. They are designated by the Greek letter beta (β). There are two forms of beta decay
- National Beta Club: The National Beta Club (often called "Beta Club" or simply "Beta") is an organization for 4th through 12th grade students in the United States. Its purpose
- Beta function: article is about Euler beta function. For other uses, see Beta function (disambiguation). In mathematics, the beta function, also called the
- Beta blocker: Beta blockers (β-blockers, beta-adrenergic blocking agents, beta antagonists, beta-adrenergic antagonists, beta-adrenoreceptor antagonists, or beta adrenergic
- Beta (Transformers): Beta is the name of two fictional characters in the various Transformers universes. The gravelly-voiced Beta began existence as one of the Quintessons'
Meaning of the Name 'Beta'
- Meaning: Dedicated to go
- Origin: Slavic
- Gender: Female
Beta Sample Sentences in News
- Costs, Provider Know-How Matter with Smart-Beta ETFs
Even if smart- or strategic-beta exchange traded funds provide interesting investment strategies, investors should still check the costs as some passive strategies may come with higher fees. Ben Johnson, ... Read more on this news related to 'Beta'
- Apple just released iOS 8.3 beta 4 for the iPhone and iPad
Apple on Tuesday released its fourth beta for its upcoming iOS 8.3 update. Per 9to5Mac, this beta is the second one available to public beta users and the fourth beta available to developers. RELATED: Latest beta gives us new hints about what’s to come in iOS 8.3 Apple released its first iOS 8.3 beta to developers last month before iOS 8.2 had even been releas Read more on this news related to 'Beta'
- How should investors interpret unlevered beta?
Learn what unlevered beta is, how it is calculated, and how investors can interpret the unlevered betas of companies within the same sector. Read more on this news related to 'Beta'