Beta Meaning and Definition in Dictionary
Definitions from Wordnet 2.0
- the 2nd letter of the Greek alphabet
- preliminary or testing stage of a software or hardware product; "a beta version"; "beta software"
- second in order of importance; "the candidate, considered a beta male, was perceived to be unable to lead his party to victory"
Definitions from Wiktionary
- the 2nd letter of the Greek alphabet ,
Would you like to add your own explaination to this word 'Beta'?
Wikipedia Meaning and Definition on 'Beta'
- Beta: other uses, see Beta (disambiguation). "Beta" is commonly used to describe a computer software or game that is near completion. Beta (UK /ˈbiːtə/ or US
- Beta (disambiguation): Beta (B, β) is the second letter of the Greek alphabet. Beta or BETA may also refer to: Beta (motorcycle manufacturer), an Italian off-road motorcycles
- Beta wave: second). Beta waves are split into three sections: Low Beta Waves (12.5–16 Hz, "Beta 1 power"); Beta Waves (16.5–20 Hz, "Beta 2 power"); and High Beta Waves
- Beta Beta Beta: Beta Beta Beta (also called TriBeta), is a collegiate honor society and academic fraternity for students of the biological sciences. It was founded in
- Beta particle: as beta rays. The production of beta particles is termed beta decay. They are designated by the Greek letter beta (β). There are two forms of beta decay
- National Beta Club: The National Beta Club (often called "Beta Club" or simply "Beta") is an organization for 4th through 12th grade students in the United States. Its purpose
- Beta decay: In nuclear physics, beta decay (β decay) is a type of radioactive decay in which a proton is transformed into a neutron, or vice versa, inside an atomic
- Beta function: article is about Euler beta function. For other uses, see Beta function (disambiguation). In mathematics, the beta function, also called the
- Beta Cephei variable: Beta Cephei variables are variable stars which exhibit variations in their brightness due to pulsations of the stars' surfaces. The point of maximum brightness
Meaning of the Name 'Beta'
- Meaning: Dedicated to go
- Origin: Slavic
- Gender: Female